Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Don't you just love it when you wear a shirt and it fits and the next week you put it on and it's baggy..

or when you put on a pair and jeans and they are a little tight and the next week you put them on and they are comfortable!!!

and when your wedding ring keeps turning upside down because it is too big!!

And your sandals, yes your sandals, are loose...

Gosh I LOVE my band:p :D :D

I love ALL of those things, and more! It's phenomenal to catch sight of yourself in a mirror and realize your butt isn't sticking out like a caboose anymore. :D

I LOVE MY BAND!!!

i love all of the above but heres another...

had a really bad day yesterday (boyfriend i went with boyfriend to dr. re: bladder cancer test./ ended up having to schedule surgery. stressful) anyhow he couldnt eat the day before so after his testing and dr apt he was ravenous so we went to lunch for his favorite comfort food- pizza i ate some. later that night i ate some BBQ, macaroni and cheese, cornbread and then we had had a hot fudge sunday. (i know you must be wondering why i put this here)

so heres the cool part...i log my food intake on fitday and even though i was in a horrendous binge mode i only could pack in a whopping 1825 calories! now thats pretty impressive to me cause i was miserable from the food i ate yesterday (emotionally and semi-physically) the sunday put me in chocolate overload it seemed MUCH sweeter?????

today i am dealing with my stresses and not eating through them!

I know what you all mean.. It is just great!

I had some birthday cake last night and 1 bite was it.. It was to sweet!

The old me would have ate the whole cake and made another..lol

thank you donali :D i am trying to keep my chin up and keep a positve outlook until we know something for sure.

yesterday i obviously wasnt able to do it but by the end of the day i was a little irritated with myself for 'falling into that mindset'

- pizza i ate some. later that night i ate some BBQ, macaroni and cheese, cornbread and then we had had a hot fudge sunday

i wanted to add a ps to the above quote for newbies... that may sound like alot but they were TINY portions thats why it only added to 1800 calories. the carbs and sugar were the not so good part of my choices.

i have had a low calorie day today (anyone reading coffee wench's journal will appreciate that) and wont use this stress as an excuse to eat. of course having restriction wont allow me to eat much!

I just love the fact that food is not controlling my every thought and action. I used to ask my Fiance all the time "what do you want to eat for lunch? for dinner? etc." Now he comes to me and says "aren't you hungry, whats for dinner?"

Mary

Banded 8-7-2003

First fill 9-20-2003

187/159/135:D

Shelly...Just a look on the brighter side. My brother in law just had bladder cancer. They removed it and all is well, no radiation or chemo..My husband had cancer and after 20 rounds of radiation and trips to the dr every 3 months so far everything is good.....Keep your chin up and don't let "cancer" get you down. It can be beat....

Michelle, please send your boyfriend all our best wishes and good healthy vibes. I hope this trial is successfully concluded soon, for both of you. {hugs}

And you are so right about a "binge" being a different animal than it was before! Yesterday I was having a bad day--big work issues, cramps--and sorta thought that the Girl Scout Cookies could help. They did, actually, and I really enjoyed them! Then it was dinner time and I still felt really hungry. So I took too much of everything. The funny part of that is that what I thought was "too much" of everything was still only about half what I would have had pre-band. And I still had to stop about halfway through!

This band is amazing. :D

thanks you guys for all your well wishes, it really helps. i am sure he will be fine and we will grow old together just as planned!

:D

i am also proud to report i havent touched a high cal. or high carb item since my monday crash! also i get weighed today!!! cant wait to report- hopefully my signature stats will change!

thanks again! this is really a great group and i appreciate all the support!