Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What to do for gas pain? Help!!

I had surgery 1/14/10 and I'm doing really well except for the gas pain. I have been taking GasX but it's not helping at all. I have also been walking a lot but still don't seem to be able to pass gas. What can I do? And for of those of you that haven't been banded yet please don't let the gas pain stories discourage you like it almost did to me. The pain is tolerable just uncomfortable. The surgery really wasn't bad, i'll post a thread with my experince.

Thank you

Thanks I'll keep trying that..

hi iwas banded 1/15/10 and i am also dealing with gas pain, the only thing that really helps is walking and being patient... because even walking it seems to take long for the pain to go away a little bit... it is an annoying pain but is not too horrible... just keep walking.

While still in the hospital, the day of my surgery, I experienced gas pain. I was reclined on pillows in bed, raised my arms back over my head and it helped immediately. Give it a try.

I have been trying to walk and it is just not helping. When I feel the sensation to burp, the air just doesnt come out. My pain is on my left shoulder and in my back. I'm going to try everything you guys told me and hopefully I can get rid of this fast. My insicions are really healing fast and I have no pain there :w00t:

Thanks Guys!

i was banned on 1/12/10, and i'm still struggling with the gas pain. it almost feels like, it wants to come up, but then goes back down, and into the back. my sister was banned in november, and assures me that this is very temporary, and we will be burping like truck drivers in no time! lol. i had a great surgical expience as well, the gas problem kinda "stinks"--

I was banded 12/21/09 and I tried everything suggested to eleviate the gas pain but nothing really worked. It lasted about a week and then tapered off...hang in there...

I was banded on 1/5/10, and had gas pain from the moment I woke up in the recovery room. It lasted less than a week, and I haven't had any since. Hang in there it's almost done!

Thanks again! I guess we just have to be patient :w00t:

Hi I was banded Thursday too and am experiencing the same thing. I found squatting helps it come out one end. The burping just seems to come on its own for me (I can burp) and is the most troublesome. Hang in there...

I was banded Jan 7, and experienced gas pain for about 9 days. The last couple of days have been much better.

I agree with the OP, the gas pain in a nuisance, but not so much pain to worry about.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches