Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sooooo FRUSTRATED!!!

So I need a fill and called my surgeon's office for an appointment. They said they are booked until March!

What do I do? I've maintained the past couple of weeks and need to lose some more. I guess I just sit tight, but this is sooo annoying!

Anyone else have or had this issue?

Holley

That's just not right! My surgeon is in Mexicali, Mx and always gives me an appointment for the day I am able to drive there.

I agree! I'm gonna call back tomorrow and tell them how rude the girl was. I'm gonna tell them I went through a LOT to have this srgery and I NEED to get a fill. It only takes 15 minutes or less....

Hell-o out there Had my done Sept.26 i had to pay for it my self, well still for it , so how do you stay away from food you shouldn't eat.SCARED

take things one day @ a time.most of this is mental so sometimes u have 2 talk yourself out of eating the old way.than again your restriction is not there yet. small steps!

I am in the same boat. I had fill #1 last Thursday and I feel hungrier than I did before having the darn thing! I called yesterday to make an appointment for fill #2 and the earliest they have available is freaking FEBRUARY 25! I love my surgeon to the ends of the earth, but it's like he's on vacation every other week.

So frustrating that I have to suffer like this for another month......

Hang in there. Let me know if you manage to get an earlier date.

I am in the same boat. I had fill #1 last Thursday and I feel hungrier than I did before having the darn thing! I called yesterday to make an appointment for fill #2 and the earliest they have available is freaking FEBRUARY 25! I love my surgeon to the ends of the earth, but it's like he's on vacation every other week.

So frustrating that I have to suffer like this for another month......

Hang in there. Let me know if you manage to get an earlier date.

Well, keep in mind that the Lap band does NOT guarantee that your hunger will be diminished. It works that way for some people, but it is more often the exception. Theoretically, the band, if placed correctly, can provide some hunger relief, but the Lap band surgeons WAY over-sell that idea. It simply does not work out like that for most people.

I saw that someone on this board said recently that they were happy they had the Lap Band, because they no longer had to diet. That is a very big mistake. With the band, you are still very much on a diet. In some respects you are on even more of a diet than before....there are different, sometimes very painful and damaging consequences to screwing up on the Lap band diet, though. It is still a diet, but an assisted diet, if you will.

It has been suggested many times on this forum by many people that you should have regular psychotherapy sessions after having the band placed, to assist you in dealing with the emotional component of overeating. I am in complete agreement with that. The lap band is only one part of the process.....the biggest part of the process lies between your ears.... :biggrin:

Well, keep in mind that the LAP-BAND® does NOT guarantee that your hunger will be diminished. It works that way for some people, but it is more often the exception. Theoretically, the band, if placed correctly, can provide some hunger relief, but the LAP-BAND® surgeons WAY over-sell that idea. It simply does not work out like that for most people.

I saw that someone on this board said recently that they were happy they had the LAP-BAND®, because they no longer had to diet. That is a very big mistake. With the band, you are still very much on a diet. In some respects you are on even more of a diet than before....there are different, sometimes very painful and damaging consequences to screwing up on the LAP-BAND® diet, though. It is still a diet, but an assisted diet, if you will.

It has been suggested many times on this forum by many people that you should have regular psychotherapy sessions after having the band placed, to assist you in dealing with the emotional component of overeating. I am in complete agreement with that. The LAP-BAND® is only one part of the process.....the biggest part of the process lies between your ears.... :ohmy:

Believe me, I attended 3 months worth of nutrition classes, psych and support groups and I was able to lose 47 lbs (17 pre surgery and 30 post without a fill), so I am well aware of the mindset and commitment this requires. I am eating 1000 calories per day of good food and stopping myself at one cup when I'm still hungry and could keep going, but I am paranoid about stretching my pouch. I'm drinking 94 ounces of Water a day, taking in 70 g of Protein and running 2 miles per day.

My frustration lies in the fact that I have no restriction and cannot stay full more than 2 hours on a cup of food and can't get in for a stinking fill until the end of February. I am not expecting a miracle and am putting in 150%, but I would just like the band to do at least 10% and help me along to just sustain me to the next meal (and for me to not have to stop myself from eating over a cup of food when I'm still hungry). :biggrin:

Believe me, I attended 3 months worth of nutrition classes, psych and support groups and I was able to lose 47 lbs (17 pre surgery and 30 post without a fill), so I am well aware of the mindset and commitment this requires. I am eating 1000 calories per day of good food and stopping myself at one cup when I'm still hungry and could keep going, but I am paranoid about stretching my pouch. I'm drinking 94 ounces of Water a day, taking in 70 g of Protein and running 2 miles per day.

My frustration lies in the fact that I have no restriction and cannot stay full more than 2 hours on a cup of food and can't get in for a stinking fill until the end of February. I am not expecting a miracle and am putting in 150%, but I would just like the band to do at least 10% and help me along to just sustain me to the next meal (and for me to not have to stop myself from eating over a cup of food when I'm still hungry). :biggrin:

Well, congratulations on your success thus far! That is a lot of weight to lose without the band being in "full operation".

Sounds like you have the right attitude toward the process, and I suspect that you will do very well once you find your "sweet spot". But the hunger can be a big problem. I certainly hope that in your case, a fill will help you with that....keep up the good work!

Thanks, Spartan. I am just so bummed that my surgeon seems to be on vacation every other week. I have been so motivated and I know I should be very proud of what I've accomplished so far, but I am so close to my goal I can taste it and it seems like there is always an obstacle in my way.

I think I have to get out of my head a little bit to tell you the truth LOL.

I so feel your pain...just had a fill today...8cc in a 14cc band..dr told me that I might ever feel the fullness that my sensory is off...I actually gained a pound and have only lost 25 pounds total since 10/29...Congratulations for your accomplishments...hopefully we will both be able to find the sweet spot and enjoy as so many have that we have read about.

Have you considered using another Provider for your fills?

Some doctors will perform fills on Patients from other Doctors. Not all will, but some.

I can understand your frustration....you are so close to your goal, a simple fill may be all you need to kick you over the top.....I would look elsewhere, and find someone that will give you the assistance you need....we are not married to our surgeons.....lol!

I would also call the Surgeon you are seeing now, and raise a little hell....if he is part of a Hospital, call the Hospital Administration and let them know about your dissatisfaction with the service you have been getting. Sometimes it simply takes a little screaming in the right ears to get these guys off their butts!:biggrin:

I so feel your pain...just had a fill today...8cc in a 14cc band..dr told me that I might ever feel the fullness that my sensory is off...I actually gained a pound and have only lost 25 pounds total since 10/29...Congratulations for your accomplishments...hopefully we will both be able to find the sweet spot and enjoy as so many have that we have read about.

Hang in there I also have the 14 cc band. I have had 4 fills (7cc total) and still do not have much restriction. I hope my next fill will be my sweet spot. I am a month behind you (Sept. 4) and 2 pounds behind you. It seems I have not lost any weight for the last 2 1/2 months. Good Luck:thumbup:

Juliansmom,

You are doing great, but I know what you mean about wanting to get closer to your goal. I was banded on 29 Oct and than 10 days later on 9 Nov 2009 due to slippage. I had my first fill on 19 Jan of 2cc's and am not losing at a pace I want, I will be calling Dr. for another fill. I find that one cup doesn't hold me more than just a couple hours either can't wait til I'm in this sweet spot everyone talks about. I have to get motivated to exercise more, the weather here in Germany is so bad by the moment but thats no excuse I do have a treadmil in our sport room so maybe I'll get in two miles like you and see results similar to those who put in that extra that is sooooo needed. Call your Dr. let him know thats to long of a wait.

I was banded on 3-25-09 and have had ONE fill (around the beginning of June). I've lost a little over 80lbs since the surgery and need to lose about 80 more lbs. I'm like back and forth with the same five pounds now (its been about 2 months since I figured I needed a fill). They keep saying they aren't sure of my surgeon's schedule, blah, blah blah. Its hard...