Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2010 bandsters...

Kathy,

I too was very worried about doing the wrong thing and making the band slip. This was why I spoke with my "nut". Essentially, I am staying fairly mushy and soft in regard to the food I am eating and keeping with the high Protein foods. I am also being very careful not to over eat, eating slowly and no more than a cup of food. As it is after that amount of food, or less I am feeling pretty full. The trouble is that I am not feeling full for as long as I would like to and this means looking for food 3-4 hours after I've eaten. I am hanging out for the next 4 weeks to be done with so that I can get an inflation and be back to feeling satisfied for hours. THe scales hace stopped falling and I expect I will not lose much more weight until after the next inflation. I've lost 6 kilo's (that's about 12.5 lbs) and that puts me right at a barrier I haven't broken in years... 1 more kilo and I've broken it... <sigh> A lesson in patience. :confused:

Av

HOORAY! 27 days post op and 12lbs down. Can't wait until fill on Friday! =)

I was banded on January 26th...feeling pretty good today. I also feel lucky I didn't have the nausea that a lot of people have. I was nauseated right after surgery and one afternoon when I had some light cranberry juice (maybe to acidic I'm thinking) but other than that no nausea. I get a full feeling after I eat like I need to burp or something..lol!

I have been burping more than before but nothing comes up :confused:

My Dr. also requires 3 weeks of full liquids. So I feel for you Kathyin. Then I have to do 3 weeks of mushie/ soft foods. I think tuna will be tasting great by then :)

So far I'm really not hungry at all in the morning or afternoons. The evening I have been hungry so I have 1 cup of cream Soup and then about an hour or 2 later 1/2 cup pudding. It seems to fill me up...just eat it slowly.

The most pain I'm having the last couple days is my BACK Aches Really bad!!!! Anyone else have this? The port site hurts a little when I bend over or stand up from sitting position but the back is the worse! I've been walking a couple times a day and using heating pad...that helps a little.

Hope everyone is feeling better and well today :)

shannie that might be trapped gas still from the surgery. try gas x strips and see if that helps. I am 5 days post op. I had surgery on the 27th. I am on full liquids till the 11th when i see the dr then mushie. I am doing ok right now...but having a hard time eating Soup slowly seems to go down way to easy lol...but i have been making my self take at least half an hour to eat it. I am gonna weigh myself on wed to see how much i have lost so far. I also feel like they turned on this burp button i didnt have before lol. i am glad i found this site it helps to see and know that i am not the only one going threw all this..keep up the good work all:thumbup:

I am 5 days post-op and feeling pretty hungry. Anyone else hungry? I started adding the Protein Shakes, yesterday I was able to get 2 of them down along with a V8 and some beef broth. Today I had a shake at 5:30am and it's only 8:15 and I'm really hungry again. I think my appetite has come back with a vengence! I think I've been pretty lucky keeping the food down without any pain, but I think I'm being cautious and not eating much.

Bobbie,

I was in the same boat... I asked my nutritionist and she told me to thicken up the food a bit.. go with yogurts and stuff, just don't overdo it. Some people heal faster than others and can tolerate thicker food faster.

Av

ok ev1 i need some input. today is a week since i have been banded. i have been feeling great until today...woke up and right under my chest is tight...almost like the trapped gas is back. anyone know what that might mean? How do u know if u did to much and the band slipped...freaking out here any thoughts appreciated

Don't panic Lavender! Everything thing in there is adjusting to the restrictions imposed and all sorts of weird sensations and carry ons happen. Providing you haven't been lifting weights and overdoing the housework and stuff like that, it's likely to be a bit of indigestion or yes, some more gas, it hangs around for a while. Take it easy walk around with our hands over your head for a while and stretch things out... it will settle!

Let me know how it goes!! :)

Av

thanks avril that advise helped. Now i have a new question lol...today it has been two weeks since i have been banded....last thurs i started on mushy foods which is going fine....but one the weight loss has slowed down now and two one day i can eat more than a cup at a time and then the next day back to half a cup...any thoughts on this....could i be eating to fast on days when i can only eat half a cup and to slow on days i can eat two cups? any thoughts would help. go see dr tomorrow and will let all of u know how that goes. keep up the good work ev1

Hey Group -

Well, here's my update. Banded Jan. 12. Lost 18 pounds in the first three weeks. Got my first fill which gave me absolutely no restriction. Have not lost a pound since. In fact, the scale fluctuates up two pounds then down two pounds. I am in bandster hell but am determined to do it right. My food intake daily is something like: one or two scrambled eggs for Breakfast, a high Protein Soup for lunch, chicken breast and lettuce for dinner. Snacks are sugar free pudding cup, sugar free Jello, sugar free popsicle, sugar free yogurt. As you can see, I am doing everything right without restriction and I sure feel like I should be rewarded for it by having the freaking scale move!! Because I have rheumatoid arthritis I have not been exercising, also I take fairly large doses or prednisone which makes it really hard to lose weight. So...could my metabolism have slowed down so much that I can eat like 700 calories a day and NOT LOSE WEIGHT? So frustrating! I get my second fill Feb. 15 and am hoping for some restriction.:lol::thumbup::rolleyes2:

cherie,

u need to eat more than 700 calories...your body thinks u are starving it so it has gone into starvation mode, so it is holding on to everything u eat and wont let u loose weight....i use a website called mydailyplate.com....i keep track of everything i eat there...it helps me know if i need more calories for the day or more protein....it is a good site...hope this helps hun...

good job everyone! I am 3 weeks post op today and am down approx 10 lbs. I dont get a fill until my 6 week appt., hopefully I am down more.

I can eat more then the 1/2 cup pureed foods they have me on. Feb 17th i move to soft foods, chicken, veggies, etc. I am ALWAYS HUNGRY!!! its so hard!! I have cheated a few times and ate some frenchfries, and a cupcake, but i never have kept going thank god.

I was thinking the same thing Cherri that you need to have more calories!

I also lost 10 pounds on my 2 week post op appt....but I haven't lost anything since. In fact it was that lovley time of month and I accually gained 4 pounds...urgh! I'm slowly loosing that now.

I'm with you Tamra I can eat way more than 1/2 cup...I'm still on liquids till 3 weeks post op 2/16/10, and I can eat a cup of Soup easily without problems. I did feel kind of sick (too full feeling) when I tried to eat a cup of soup and then a yougurt. I should have waited a while for the yogurt. But I'm usually hungry a few hrs after I eat too. I don't have my first fill till March 8th. Just trying to hang in there now...waiting very impatiently for 2/16 so I can eat some mushie foods!!!!!!

ok first, i see some of u are having problems with feeling hungry...i saw my dr today for my 2 week post op...she said to make sure u have your Protein Shakes in between meals they help u stay full...so today i had one before Breakfast, waited half an hour, then ate breakfast and could only eat 2 scrambled eggs and was full....then i waited an hour, and had another Protein shake....stayed full till i ate lunch, then had another protein shake....then dinner and then shake...that seems to be helping cause my protein shakes have 25grams of protein each in them...now for the good news, i am down 20 pounds according to them...they are going by the last weight they had before my surgery, but i go by my weight the day of surgery so i am only down 16lbs i think it is....she also said even if u still feel hungry after your half to cup of food dont eat anymore u can stretch out the band and it wont work for u...get my first fill on feb 23....keep up the great work all