Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dear Bandsters:

I had surgery one week ago. I was in a lot of pain. It was no cakewalk. Today I am feeling a little better but I am very tired. I have had ups and downs. I’ve questioned myself about if this was a good decision. I have many questions that I tried to find answers in this lap band website but it’s been hard to find all the answers. They are spread out everywhere, and I feel so weak and tired. I would really appreciate if you could help me. Below I have some questions. I want to have the best nutrition possible. Can you please copy and paste it to your answer so you can answer them? You have no idea how much this will help (or probably you do since you have gone through this).

• In one week I have lost 10 lbs. Is that average?

• Which are the best Vitamins to take and what dosage?

• What are the best supplements (calcium citrate or the other, etc)

• Any lotions or tricks to prevent saggy skin?

• When will I feel normal again?

• Any good blogs or website that could be helpful now that I have the band?

• Any other good tip you think I should know?

Thanks a lot for being so supportive J

You’re not alone; I too am a week out. I have had surgery on other things and it is usually takes a couple of weeks to get your energy back. Most of the energy you have is going to healing your body. I have lost 11 pounds since Jan 4.

Amy

Dear Bandsters:

I had surgery one week ago. I was in a lot of pain. It was no cakewalk. Today I am feeling a little better but I am very tired. I have had ups and downs. I’ve questioned myself about if this was a good decision. I have many questions that I tried to find answers in this LAP-BAND® website but it’s been hard to find all the answers. They are spread out everywhere, and I feel so weak and tired. I would really appreciate if you could help me. Below I have some questions. I want to have the best nutrition possible. Can you please copy and paste it to your answer so you can answer them? You have no idea how much this will help (or probably you do since you have gone through this).

• In one week I have lost 10 lbs. Is that average? I'm not sure if its average but many do lose a great deal of weight up until they start the mushie stage.

• Which are the best Vitamins to take and what dosage? It's really a matter of preference but chewables are much easier to manage.

• Any lotions or tricks to prevent saggy skin? Nope, Sorry!

• When will I feel normal again? I felt normal after about 10 days post op. I had intense pressure in my chest area until then.

• Any good blogs or website that could be helpful now that I have the band?This is the only website I use but Obesity.com is a good one also.

• Any other good tip you think I should know? Yes, try not to stress about your band. Follow your surgeon's protocol and obey the band rules and you will do just fine.

Thanks a lot for being so supportive J

Hang in there, it does get better. Soon you will be asking yourself why you didn't get banded sooner.

I worked full time on my feet the Tuesday after a Saturday surgery. I found that the Water helped me the most. I was very tired if I neglected this one thing. Hope you feel better very fast...

Also the best thing to keep skin from sagging is exercise. It is too soon for you but if you get up and do lots of walking as soon as you can, it helps with much of what you are experiencing. Have a wonderful lap band experience!!!

one week I have lost 10 lbs. Is that average?

Better than I did. Probably because I went through each phase of the postop diet in 2-3 days and back on regular foods at the end of 2 weeks.

Which are the best Vitamins to take and what dosage?

Mine told me to take a children's chewable.< /strong>

What are the best supplements (calcium citrate or the other, etc)

Sorry, don't take them so I don't know.

Best chocolate Protein drinks or powder without chalky taste?

EAS Protein Powder mixed with milk. I just found the EAS ready made drinks and I like them as well.

Best tasting clear liquids Protein drinks?

Haven't found any I like. Isopure clear drinks dry my mouth out.

Any lotions or tricks to prevent saggy skin?

Whether or not you end up with saggy skin has to do with your age, genetics, how much weight you have to lose and how long you've been overweight. However, it can't hurt to make sure you drink your 64 oz of Water and stay hydrated.

When will I feel normal again?

What's normal? I was back to work the day after surgery and I haven't looked back.

Any other good tip you think I should know?

Don't get into the mindset of 'once I get a fill everything will go according to plan'. Too many people have this mindset and get to restriction but don't recognize that they are there because they don't understand that the band isn't a magic wand. Even after you have restriction...which could take weeks or months after surgery...you'll still have to 'choose' to obey the band rules (e.g. no drinking with meals), still have to choose good food choices and still have to choose not to eat slider foods...so start with the good habits now.

well here is my opinon...

• In one week I have lost 10 lbs. Is that average?

I lost 12 the first week.

• Which are the best Vitamins to take and what dosage?

I was told..and still take a Flinstones complete and a B12. It is amazing how much B12 helps for energy

Whatever is chewable from costco. No magic here. Compare calorie/sugar contents then pick.

Hands down..GNC 1000 Grand Slam - premixed in a red can and cold. Its the best.

Have never seen a clear Protein Drink.

• Any lotions or tricks to prevent saggy skin?

didnt have that problem

Never..which is good. Our "Normal" is what got us here.

• Any good blogs or website that could be helpful now that I have the band?

You are on the best one

• Any other good tip you think I should know?

Yes, be patient. How you feel will change daily over the next few months.

my 2cents.

one week I have lost 10 lbs. Is that average?

There is no average - I think I lost 9 the 1st week

What are your doc's instructions?? Mine was flinstone chewables - or you can go to baratric choice . com and get lapband vitimans

Calcium citrate - is what my doc says - again what are your doc's instructions...

I did powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury choc & vanilla - I like Jay Robb's vanilla w/lite oj tasted like an orange juluis

PROTI 15 or something like that - I got them from my doc's office he sold them - loved the peach mango, grape and another berry one - you can get them or something similar on baratricchoice.com - I have ordered stuff form them.. I like them - type in clear liquid Protein - theses are like crystal lite that you add to a bottle of Water

Nope no trick's - it's all in you dna

When will I feel normal again?

I felt good by day 3 (day 2 had bad gas in the shoulder)

Are you getting your protein and Water in - I was instructed to get minimum 60 grms pt a day..

The band is only a tool - it's a great tool imho but that's all it is - it's not the magic cure all to our issues with food..

Remember also this isn't a diet - it about making a total lifetime lifestyle change in your eating and exercsie habits.

I haven't dieted - I am just eating healthy - low fat - sf for the most part - limited carbs and I exercise 4-5 days a week

Never..which is good. Our "Normal" is what got us here.

LOVED THIS RESPONSE!!!!!

Hang in there Danigirl.

My surgery hurt a lot more than I thought it would too and Ive had a bladder surgery and hystorectomy.

• In one week I have lost 10 lbs. Is that average? The first week yes, it should slow down as you add more solid foods. I average 1 1/2 to 2 pounds a week and eat about 1,000 calories.

• Which are the best Vitamins to take and what dosage? I take Bariatric Lap band Vitamins from the nutritionist and nothing else.

• Any lotions or tricks to prevent saggy skin? exercise or go to work for a plastic surgeon.

• When will I feel normal again? I am 4 weeks out and get hungry everty 4 hours but eat anything I want. I just eat my protein first and I eat slowly.

• Any good blogs or website that could be helpful now that I have the band? this one is prettty good I think. I do realize my success I have a realize band

• Any other good tip you think I should know? Remember why you did this. It wasnt to eat anything you wanted. it was to help you stick to a diet. You can eat milkshakes all day and gain weight. so choose your foods wisely and plan them. Great food site is "eggface"

Hang in there! It gets better pretty quickly! Here are my answers to your questions:

In one week I have lost 10 lbs. Is that average?

I think that's great -- it's more than I lost for sure!

I take 2 Flintstone Vitamins every day (I love the flavor. . so I actually take these, as opposed to other vitamins that might be better but that I'm not going to take regularly!

Not sure -- I defer to the other posters.

Not sure about chocolate -- I hated every Protein shake I had -- so gross. Only drink I liked are the Gatoraid-like Isopure drinks that GNC sells. My doctor turned me on to them, and once that happened, I never had another shake again.

See above -- Isopure.

Use lotion every single day. Consider buying something for pregnant women that promotes elastin in the skin.

When will I feel normal again? Pretty soon. It may take a month to feel 100%, but you'll be at 80 or 90% within a few more days.

Any good blogs or website that could be helpful now that I have the band?

This site is great. Feel free to check out my blog (link below). I have a bunch of links to other blogs that I like posted in there as well. The blogger community has been a huge source of support for me. Consider setting up a blog for yourself. It's a great way to keep track of your fills, losses, and your whole year of change in general!

TAKE YOUR MEASUREMENTS RIGHT NOW, if you haven't already. You will want to be able to compare stats later on!

Best wishes,

Catherine

• In one week I have lost 10 lbs. Is that average? I lost 11.5, and from what I've read yes it is pretty average

• What are the best supplements (calcium citrate or the other, etc) Not sure about this one

• Best chocolate Protein drinks or powder without chalky taste? Like someone else said I am not a chocolate fan, but I do drinkk both Muscle Milk and Carnation Essentials Vanilla (usually as my breakfast)

• Best tasting clear liquids protein drinks? again not really sure

• Any lotions or tricks to prevent saggy skin? not sure about lotions but I'm hoping the treadmill will help tighten everything up

• When will I feel normal again? I had surgery on a Wed. and was back to work by Monday. the only pain I had was in my shoulder from the gas used during surgery.

• Any good blogs or website that could be helpful now that I have the band? This website is the best one I have read so far, so many people that have either gone through or are currently going through the same things as you

• Any other good tip you think I should know? Stay postive, don't regret you decision. It will be a long wonderful journey to a happy healthy future!!!

In one week I have lost 10 lbs. Is that average? It varies but yeah I have seen that happen. I have lost 6 in a week especially in the beginning.

Which are the best Vitamins to take and what dosage? I think they are over rated. I do supplement with Protein Shake which has many goodies added. I do not take Multi Vitamins any more.

What are the best supplements (calcium citrate or the other, etc) No comment

I really like six sense from wally world choc and vanilla shake. Next or equal is optimum nutrition Protein Powder same as above.

Best tasting clear liquids protein drinks? Muscle Milk hands down.

Any lotions or tricks to prevent saggy skin? No comment

When will I feel normal again? Its been 6 years and this is normal for me now. I live with a smaller stomach and have to plan how and what I eat. Thats what we wanted though. Rite?

Any good blogs or website that could be helpful now that I have the band? You are at the best in my opinion.

Any other good tip you think I should know? Be very patient. Be careful especially now. Let yourself heal and follow the Dr. diet instructions to the letter or later you could have trouble. Except no embrace that things are different now and wow how good is it going to be this time next year....Good Luck..;)