Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Saggy breasts

Has anyone considered to get their breast done can they do anything for saggy breasts when the nipple is down the bottom of your breast just wondering mine are like that now I can only imagine after i reach goal what they are going to look like scary thought

I have considered a breast lift. Lots to think about, though.

1. My tummy is worse and effects the way my clothes fit. If I had to pick between the two procedures, I'd do the Tummy Tuck

2. The lift is complicated...they basically take the girls apart and reassemble them. I dunno. On the one hand, if I had breast cancer, they'd go in a heartbeat. I wouldn't mess around with lumpectomies and all that...just take the whole thing, ya know? On the other hand...they work really well the way they are, if you know what I mean...with hubby. As long as I wear a pretty bra and keep them from slapping him around or sliding under my armpits, they are really useful and "satisfying" in the sack. I'd hate to mess with the sensation I have by relocating the nipples "up" where they belong.

So I guess for me, it's a choice between a tummy tuck and boobs that don't really work. I'm going tummy tuck.

Another thing to consider...for me, I'm not sure if a lift would work well without implants as well. I don't want implants at all. Nope, unless I lost my whole breast to cancer, no implants for me. Got enough silicone in me now with my band.

It's a tough one, but for me, as long as a good bra still works, I'm leaving the girls alone for now.

flower, you should record some of those Plastic Surgery Before and After shows. They are really informative. TLC has little 1/2 hour shows on during the day and late at night. There are a few others. You find out alot about how all this is done and they show good pics, too.

I had that done in 1982, reduction and quite a lift, the brown eyes are so up so high, he allowed for future drooping, LOL. Now since I've gained and lost so much over the last 20 years, I'd just need the skin tightened, don't really need a lift, just a little perk added. Oh yeah, a surgery well worth having, nipples pointing south does not make you feel sexy and it was not that painful, now the mini Tummy Tuck, that was painful.

I'm worred about all the weight I've lost in my upper legs. Skin is really starting to wrinkle there, and nothing worse than untanned wrinkled skin. Hummmm, a tanning bed would be nice, LOL.

Oh my goodness, I think all the fat is now gone from my breast and it is not a pretty picture. Straight down and darn near flat. LOL It's ok, if that is what I have to sacrafice fine. I think it is amazing what the body does when it looses weight. I also know where the term fat back came from. I did not realize how much one can carry on ones back.

The tummy (in my case the belly) is another story. That thing has dropped down and it is not pretty. It is just hanging down and swinging in the breeze. I have no idea what is going to happen to it.... does anyone know. Will it get flatter and hang or will is actually lift up some and shrink.

I started exercises for my inner thighs last night.

2. The lift is complicated...they basically take the girls apart and reassemble them. I dunno. On the one hand, if I had breast cancer, they'd go in a heartbeat. I wouldn't mess around with lumpectomies and all that...just take the whole thing, ya know? On the other hand...they work really well the way they are, if you know what I mean...with hubby. As long as I wear a pretty bra and keep them from slapping him around or sliding under my armpits, they are really useful and "satisfying" in the sack. I'd hate to mess with the sensation I have by relocating the nipples "up" where they belong.
I am so with you on this Kathy exect if I did have a masectomy I would have reconstuction and implants, my sister did and boy did she look great.

Curently I stuff them in the best bra that lifts and keeps them in control...

otherwise they'd look like tennis balls in socks.

There are a few different types of breast reduction surgeries, and from what I understand it has to do with the N2N ("notch to nipple" with the notch being the hollow of your collar bone) ratio. One they remove the nipple and plop it onto the new proper place, while the other does a keyhole sort of cut.

I'm definately going to have a reduction, but I currently have massive breasts and have had since I was in my 20's. I'm not going to the the "pop the nipple off" even if that means I won't be perky. I just want to be something small, like a D cup.

I'm also going to have a Tummy Tuck. I don't think I"ll have a massive pani, but I do have a small one and I get terrible rashes that bleed at times. It's no fun.

I'm having a breast reduction and extended Tummy Tuck on Dec. 13th. I am still a DD. I am hoping to be a small C. I lost 10" but nothing in the cup size since my band surgery. I'll be happy if he can lift them off my knees.

Tummy tuck is going almost all the way around. I have to tuck my hanging skin into my size 14 pants and skirts (size 12 if spandex material). Insurance is paying for the breast reduction. I am paying for the tummy tuck.

My surgeon said the surgery will take approximately 6 hours. Does that sound about right for people that have had it done. Pain is supposed to be nasty and I am going home the next day. Between the 2 procedures my surgeon said he would be removing approximately 15/20 pounds off my body.

They had to order a replacement port and tubing since the port will have to be relocated during this surgery.

I'm kinda scared but excited at the same time.

Maureen

Maureen - is he going to do the "nipple relocation" with you? That's the part that freaks me out the most. I wish there was a way to do a breast lift on me without doing that, but I have a feeling I'll have to get that for the best results.

WOW Maureen that is awesome. You are going to look awesome. We will be here praying for you and hoping to be in your shoes in a year.

My neighbor had a major breast reduction going on 4 weeks ago. She had the keyhole relocation of the nipple. The nipple no longer has sensation and you have to be careful to take care of it while healing because it could die and fall off but then they give you a new one. The aerola (sp) dries up and peels off and then the color comes back. She was a size I.

With the breast reduction, the nipple is left on a fine pedestal of skin, a cut is made below the breasts, then the skin is pulled down taught then is stitched like a half moon under from left to right on each breast. Then a small cut is made in the lower middle and the nipple is brought up to be placed and sutured in place. With a good surgeon, the scars around the nipple are none, the rest of the scars fade with time.

The procedure I read about most recently has an anchor type cut. They cut a small hole where the nipple is going to be, then a line straight to the bottom of the breast (around the nipple of course), and then a U shaped cut along the breastline at the bottom. I believe this pretty much moves the breast within the skin and the nipple isn't removed and replaced.

I will want to have my breasts done, but I've read that in CAN interfere with breastfeeding, so it may have to wait until after I have kids.

I plan on getting a reduction/lift early next year. My size 36G's just don't cut it anymore lol .. and boy do they hang low. The other day I was looking in the mirror and started singing to my hubby, "Do your boobs hang low? Do they wobble to and fro? Can you tie them in a knot? Can you tie them in a bow?" hehe

A few months back, Geezer Sue (I think it was her) posted the link to a site that showed before/after pics of BR's.

For many years Ive considered this surgery myself. Im definately in the same frame of mind as Kathy - AND, after seeing those before/after pics, I have put this surgery on the back burner.

In all the pics I viewed on that site, there were very few that were extremely large. After reading more about it, It is my undestanding that that the larger the breast, the more painful/difficult the surgery is. ??

PLEASE someone, tell me Im wrong.

I think I'll probably need to get mine done, especially since I'd be really surprised if I needed a Tummy Tuck. But my boobs have always been DD's and saggy, even when I was young and not very overweight. I've breastfed 3 children for a total of almost 6 years and been pregnant 3 times and am now nearly 40 so I cant imagine there's anything good to discover when I've lost my weight.

I'll take it as it comes though, I dont need to look good topless on the beach or braless in public, so if they look OK clothed, I probably wouldnt bother. Most of the last 10kg has gone onto my chest and arms which was never an area I gained weight, and I look decidedly matronly now. Oh to be flat chested.

AND! My sister had a breast reduction about 5 years ago. She was pretty huge, rashes, a big mess. But in order to have it covered under insurance, she had to go smaller than she really should have. She wears them well now, and can go braless even, but they aren't as pretty as they should be. She just had to go too small. She won't get implants, but could use some small ones, just to round them out. She doesn't regret it because she is SOOO much more comfortable, but after watching her go through that, I'll pass. Give me the tummy tuck!

I'll have to ask her about her nipple sensation 5 years out. She got it back, but is it as good as it was? Maybe she doesn't "need" that sensation like I do? I'll ask her and post.