Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Water w/Crystal Light & Going to School/Work

I have 2 questions for anyone who can help me! When you mix your Water with Crystal Light, is that still considered drinking water? I have one of those 32 oz water containers that won't break. I filled it up yesterday to get at least half my water intake while I was out and about. For some reason I couldn't make myself drink the plain water.

And this question may be stupid. I own my own shoe store & go to school. I will be in school all day Tuesday & Thursday, and working Wednesday & Friday (I'm closed on Mondays like the other shops where I am). So on the days I'm in school or at work (with no lunch break at school. I can eat when a customer is not in my store), what is the best lunch I can pack besides a Protein Shake?

And I wanted to thank all of yall for being so supportive to everyone!!! It has already helped me through this process and I'm only 6 days post op!

Yes, if you mix Crystal Light (or even some fresh fruit juice - like lemon or lime or even a bit of orange) into your Water, it is still counted towards your Water consumption.

As far as good meals on the go, I like the light cheese sticks, yogurt, perhaps a few ham cubes or turkey cubes. I'm not much into smoothies or Protein drinks, so I try to eat my Protein. Even some banana slices or other fresh fruit. But I think anything that you can cut up into small pieces, and pop in your mouth. Just make sure you chew well so you don't accidentally swallow too large of a piece of food and get stuck. It's easy to do if you get distracted, which may happen if a customer pops in unexpectedly.

Good luck!

I was told that Crystal Light, Diet Snapple, unsweetened iced tea, etc all count towards my Water requirements for the day. As for food, I can't really help you yet, since I'm still on soft foods and have to plan carefully and set aside time to eat still.

When you mix your Water with Crystal Light, is that still considered drinking Water?

Diet experts used to say that tea, coffee, etc. didn't count because they wanted you to drink 'water'. Now they say they do count.

I figure, if it has water in it, it counts. :smile2:

Yes, Crystal Light counts as Water.

Cold cuts and low fat cheese make an excellent lunch. If you can eat bread, throw in a slice of wheat bread.

Also, cottage cheese and raw veggies are a good lunch.< /p>

Thanks yall! Raw veggies...I never thought of that. I love carrots and ranch dressing. lol Let me ask this....I have my one week check up tomorrow. My doctor has a post op diet of 1 week clear, 1 week full liquids, 1 week pureed/mushies and the 4th week solid food and your first fill. He already moved me up to full liquids early, do you think he could move me onto mushies quicker too if I'm healing well?

This really depends upon your surgeon. It is important to follow your surgeon's guidelines.

Don't worry, I am! :smile2: I'm so scared of messing something up. I was just wondering how quickly others got to move on.

Just be careful with the Crystal Light. I found that after a few months of being banded, I had to rid myself of even artificial sweeteners as they were halting my weight loss. I mostly drink Water now with an occasional iced tea if we go out. After stopping the Crystal Light and other sweeteners (in July of 09), I broke my plateau and lost much faster.

Rather than dipping your raw veggies in ranch dressing, make a substitute that is good for you.

1/2 cup cottage cheese

1/2 to 1 tsp. dry Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning

Put cottage cheese in blender or small food processor. Blend until smooth. May add a few drops of skim milk to make thinner if you prefer. Add ranch seaonsing, mix well. Serve with favorite fresh veggies.

This is the only way I'll eat cottage cheese. I don't like its texture, but if I blend it smooth, then I can't tell the difference. This way, you get the ranch flavoring you crave while eating your protein! Win-Win!

Rather than dipping your raw veggies in ranch dressing, make a substitute that is good for you.

1/2 cup cottage cheese

Put cottage cheese in blender or small food processor. Blend until smooth. May add a few drops of skim milk to make thinner if you prefer. Add ranch seaonsing, mix well. Serve with favorite fresh veggies.

This is the only way I'll eat cottage cheese. I don't like its texture, but if I blend it smooth, then I can't tell the difference. This way, you get the ranch flavoring you crave while eating your protein! Win-Win!

Mel & TN you can even try the "ranch dressing" with 0% fat greek yogurt. :smile2:

1/2 cup cottage cheese

I will definitely try that!!! Thank you!!

Oh, I may have to try that. Our grocery store just recently started carrying greek yogurt. Thanks for the idea!

A dip I always have made up and ready to go:

1 cup Fat Free sour cream

1 Tsp dill weed

1 Tsp lemon juice

1 Tsp minced garlic (optional)

1 Tsp minced onion (optional)

Great for dipping