Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are you a man, a woman or something else?

What is your gender?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What is your gender?

• Male
    • Female
    • Other

Wow! Almost 20% men.

Is anybody else surprised by this? I was expecting 10% or so.

I'm surprised too, but that's great it's higher :cursing:

Even I could of told you before reading this that this website has a high majority of women, in saying that there are alot of males banded, I actually have heard of more men banded than woman (in my life anyway)

It also depends on where you live.

Even I could of told you before reading this that this website has a high majority of women, in saying that there are alot of males banded, I actually have heard of more men banded than woman (in my life anyway)

It also depends on where you live.

Nobody is surprised that there are a bunch of women here. What is surprising is how many men.

I live in Texas where half of the Americans here appear to be from and during my group meetings it was usually 4 women to ever one man. About the same as the results here.

Im a male and becoming more male all the time,as the weight comes off.130 lbs sure makes a difference in a lot of areas,man boobs and such.For the running gun battle going on here I have only this one comment-Kstate I see you are 22 years old,Im 61 and if you only knew what you dont know,it may surprise you.

Hey Fireman, I am happy for you with the becoming more male and the loss of the man boobs. :wink:

I am not so happy with my shrinking woman boobs though :eek: I guess it's the price I pay to get rid of all the excess in other places.

Turner Syndrome (XO chromosomes) =1 in 2,500 female births (the uterus and ovaries are missing)

Not to discredit your information but, your description of Turners Syndrome is not accurate - those born with Turners are missing one of the X chromosomes, but since they do not have a Y chromosome they are considered and appear as female as any other female. They do generally have a uterus and ovaries, but are usually infertile. I know this from having a friend with Turners and from research. She would definately have chosen female.

I'm not familiar enough with the other "education" you provided to comment on those. I am involved in feminist, non-violence and anti-oppression issues also.

I do agree with having the choice of "other" but I hope that some do not feel obligated to choose other if they are not one of the most biologically clear cases of male or female.

i wish this thread would go away, the title offends me.

Ironically, everytime anyone, you ---and me included, makes a post, it bumps it right back up! It is now again in the new posts!

The only way to make it go away.......is for everyone to totally and completely quit posting. Til that happens it will be here.

Im a male and becoming more male all the time,as the weight comes off.130 lbs sure makes a difference in a lot of areas,man boobs and such.For the running gun battle going on here I have only this one comment-Kstate I see you are 22 years old,Im 61 and if you only knew what you dont know,it may surprise you.

Older does not automatically equate to intelligence or more life experiences! Only education and experience can do those things, not age!

Write yourself a letter today, open it in 40 years, and then decide if living --- just living day to day does not teach you lessons.

I agree, that age alone does not make one wise--but it definitely does add to your knowledge base.

I understand you don't necessarily agree with this, and you likely won't until YOU are on the other end of the age disagreement!!

Ironically, everytime anyone, you ---and me included, makes a post, it bumps it right back up! It is now again in the new posts!

The only way to make it go away.......is for everyone to totally and completely quit posting. Til that happens it will be here.

yeah, it was already at the top, as it is again. but thanks for the lesson on message board posting.:cursing:

I have. Imagine when it is used in the context, "Who's that other guy with your wife?"

OMG!! ROFLMAO!!

Excuse me while I wipe the spewed Crystal Light off my screen :blushing:

New "man" here. I have never met an "other" I wonder how many others are banded?

Anyway, I am not banded yet. I am just starting the 3 month plan with my doc. I look forward to talking with you all. Man, women, or alien:)