Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Biggest Loser 2010

Manatee

Here they go again, on Jan 5.

Place your bets: The Biggest Loser - NBC Site

Frankly, last season was a bit of a bore after the Tara Machine and Ronfather, but hopefully it returns to form.

The great thing is that the show only takes 15 minutes to watch, once you skip the crying biggrin.gif

I thought this season was ok. The guys losing 200+ pounds made it worthwhile.

I don't know if I am being a misogynist or not but I wish they'd stop having people under 300 pounds. I don't think they have enough to lose to make it interesting.

15 minutes is about all I spend watching too. 10 minutes for the competition and another 5 for the weigh in.

I can't believe they have made it this long without killing somebody. I know I'd die if I worked that hard. :thumbup:

I am totally stoked! Love this show - last season was a bit of a bore - but Im hooked and will watch no matter what. Hope this one is better!

Well....

Nasty gimmick to play on the teams early on. As far as eliminations go, they might as well flipped a coin. Freaky though that both twins weighed within a pound of each other and lost the same weight.

Crazy losses this week, but you know everyone was waterloaded like a camel. Besides, I haven't run the numbers but I suspect those high numbers actually translate into similar % losses as earlier seasons.

How long before a 600lb contestant shows up? Jillian's right, these folks are starting to be too big to safely 'beat on them'.

Wasn't Allen from Big Medicine just a bit bigger than some of these folks?

I don't know if I am being a misogynist or not but I wish they'd stop having people under 300 pounds. I don't think they have enough to lose to make it interesting.

I feel the same way. Some of those people weigh HALF as much as my starting weight. Shay said it best last season...her finale weight is still higher than some people STARTED at. I just can't feel as much sympathy or cheer for someone who, to me, isn't really that big. Amanda last season was still crying over her weight at like 190 - it drives me nuts.

FIVE people went home last night. Sure, two of them will get to come back, but that was just ridiculous.

The Pink team looks an awful lot like Helen and Shannon in season 7...so weird.

I'm very proud of the twin that went home, 100 pounds in 2 months is awesome for doing it himself at home.

I also just realized that when they started taping this season, the contestants don't even know who won last season at this point.

Interesting. To me it's the exact opposite; these folks are so big that even massive weight loss doesn't come across as that dramatic. Sure, they lost 150 lbs on the show, but they're still morbidly obese. Is that success? Is that inspiring for the mass majority of the viewing audience that is likely overweight/obese, but not at these extreme levels?

I think they've gone too far in casting, IMHO. This was a better show when it was a little closer to most folks' real circumstances.

I agree - the contestants are too big to be able for the "typical" obese person to relate to - I think they should have some super obese and the rest 100 pounds over or so. JMO -

I do like this season better already - I think :-)

I agree - the contestants are too big to be able for the "typical" obese person to relate to - I think they should have some super obese and the rest 100 pounds over or so. JMO -

I do like this season better already - I think :-)

Less than half of them are fatter than I was 3 months ago at 365 pounds and I consider myself to be "typical" obese person.

Come on MinPin, you're in Texas. Everyone is bigger here. :(

I should make a poll too see how many think there will be a death on the show prior to them finding a 600+ lb contestant.

No, I don't want to see a death but I don't know how they made it this far without one.

No, I don't want to see a death but I don't know how they made it this far without one.

Well, it -is- edited for TV. How do we know there wasn't a team that simply doesn't show up in the final cut? :(

(*shhhhh* everyone, here's some $$$)

LOL - thats right I blame TEXAS for making me bigger! I was just living up to my STATE!!! Seriously - I will watch no matter what - but I think people relate better to someone close to their own size. But really - I think most people weigh a LOT less than they really do! Other than me of course - I think I look like a big fat cow!

Cant wait for Tuesday - this show is such a motivator!!

Two hours is way too long every week. Most of us just watch for the challenge and the weigh-in. There has to be 45 minutes worth of commercials during it.

I'd like to see them give the viewer an idea of what we should be doing going into every commercial break. I.e. squats, crunches, etc... I may suggest this to NBC.

What do you think?

Erik from Season 3. They showed him at the end of last season in a special BL episode going back to some of the past contestants. Yes, he lost about 200 pounds and gained it all back. Bob visited him at his house to confront him about it.

Two hours is way too long every week. Most of us just watch for the challenge and the weigh-in. There has to be 45 minutes worth of commercials during it.

I actually don't watch for the weigh-in or elimination. Sure it's nice to see someone drop 10lbs in a week, but it ain't gonna happen on my scale nor does anyone really encourage it. Even the BL Game and products stress the 2-3lbs a week rule. Do as I say not as I do...

I think the show is long but I DVR it so I can cut out commercials and skip the drama of the weigh-in and elimination. What I love is actually watching the contestants face their fears...seeing Bob and Jillian help them rebuild their self esteem. For me on my journey the biggest challenge was adjusting my mental game and wrapping my head around this new me. Watching others do that and hearing them say the words that could have come straight from my mouth is inspiring and why I continue to watch it each season.

Oh and I do cardio during the first hour and take breaks during commercials for Water....I like your idea about the workouts during the break!

Here they go again, on Jan 5.

Place your bets: The Biggest Loser - NBC Site

Frankly, last season was a bit of a bore after the Tara Machine and Ronfather, but hopefully it returns to form.

The great thing is that the show only takes 15 minutes to watch, once you skip the crying biggrin.gif

Yes, it was hard to beat the Tara Machine. I'm looking forward to this season, hopefully there is a little more excitement!