Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Could the 3rd fill be the charm?

I just had my 2nd fill on Wed (surgery on Oct 1) and for the first time, I felt restriction. even when I swallowed the Water when he still had the needle stuck in, I felt it go down slower than usual. After dinner that nite, I felt really full, almost couldn't drink anythng the rest of the nite. Then, yesterday, the day after my fill, I'm back to normal, eating anything I want. I asked my doc abouit how many I might need and he said most people have good restriction by the 3rd fill. He scheduled me for another 6 weeks, but said if by 3 I wasn't losing, to call and come in for another.

I really thought I'd had the restriction I hear so many people talk of. Could I have restriction for just that day and not anymore? How many of you felt a good restriction and lost weight at that in 3 and under fills? He didn't want to overfill it cuz I live 3 hrs away. Now I wish he had put a smidge more in, maybe it would've lasted longer? Does this even make sense to anyhone, to have good retrction for just 1 day and then none?

Blessings!

Marci

You can see by my ticker I have had several fills and I am just now feeling good restriction as everyone calls it. And be advised, even when you get to that point, there will be days when you feel like you can eat anything. But for the most part, once you get to that good point, it is really helpful.

I am on my fourth fill and I don't feel restriction unless I eat to fast or take too much. I am beginning to think this band is just to teach you to eat much much smaller amounts and that's all it does for you. Keeps you from gorging.

What I have lost at this point is by my own sheer will-power...not the band.

I beginning to think this band is just to teach you to eat much much smaller amounts and that's all it does for you. Keeps you from gorging.

What I have lost at this point is by my own sheer will-power...not the band.

Hate to sound like a total @ss but what exactly did you think the band was going to do for you? It is designed to do exactly what you just said stop you from overeating hence loose weight. It is not a magic bullet it will not make the right food choices for you. You have to work the band in order for it to work for you.

soocalchic: You are correct in all that you said. I must have had a senior moment.

soocalchic: You are correct in all that you said. I must have had a senior moment.

Lol Lolly seriously this thing is a little difficult at times. But if you follow the rules it will work just as advertised.

I believe in it too!

I knew going in with a low BMI it would take more time than expected. But, I think I am doing great, I've lost 30 pounds since my 2nd fill and I workout.

I know it is all about the food choices I make. I thought I was at a good restriction point right after my 2nd fill, but I was able to eat normal after 2 days... Only if I revert to swallowing with big/fast bites do I feel sorry. I need to remind myself all the time to slow down....

I go for a 3rd fill in 2 weeks and I too am hoping to reach my "Sweet Spot".

I was told I have a 5 cc band and I am at 4 cc's right now. Maybe this will do it!

Ive been banded for 2 yrs(Jan-08). I have had 9 fils and 1 small unfil. I currently have 8.8 cc (approx) in my band. what I waws told and this of course depends on your band and whether you hav ethe Lapband or the realize. As you lose the weight the fat around the tummy walls also shrinks so there is more room and the restriction lessens. Depending on how fast you lose wt, the faster the more fills you will need. I had a fill about every 6-8 wks during the first year and they were more cc like 1.0cc or .8 cc, then down to about .5 cc. the unfil I had was at 9.0cc and he took out about .3-.4 cc then 2 months later when the restriction was gone he used the Flouro to set my passage in the band at .64 as the width, about like the size of a pecil or your pinkie. This should be last one for a long time. I am about 10 pounds from goal, I have lost 70 lbs. I have made it through the holidays lst year and almost this year. It is a tough time for us that still have to control those additions. Believe me they will come back. maintenance is the name of the game the further we get out.. Good luck to you all. keep reading. help is here on this website.B)