Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A good breakfast! Too good?

I just made a really good Breakfast, I wonder if it was "band friendly" since it was so good: LOL

Mission whole wheat wrap (small)

4 slices turkey bacon

1 serving egg beater

1/4 cup Reduced Fat colby-jack cheese

I want to go do a calorie count, but I am FULL!!! I mean really full!

I am sort of having fun finding foods and combos that taste OK and work w/ my band.

I DO have restriction....LOL

It is not really a balanced meal.

Sorry, but where are the fruit and/or vegetables? Onions, peppers or mushrooms would have been great additions. How about some sort of melon?

I was just "approved" for 1 fruit serving per day and the only greens the PA said I could have ,so far, have been string Beans.

I usually have applesauce right after dinner and also have my green portion with lunch or dinner. I looked for some grapes or cantaloupe at the super market, but they did not look so good.

It sounds yummy but it does sound like a lot of food. Even reduced fat cheese is high in fat and I imagine that the meal has a fairly high salt content which is something else to be aware of.

As to egg beaters I have no idea what they are. Surely if you want an egg you should eat the real thing - fresh and wholesome rather than something that sounds as though it is processed. The less processed a food is the better it is for you.

I would say eating something like this occaisonally is probably fine. If you want something filling and healthy that you can eat on a regular basis why not try a poached egg on a slice of whiolemeal toast?

wow..all the stuff were items I discussed with the nutritionist and PA. I see that 4 slice of turkey bacon is a lot, especially the salt, but the egg beaters (egg substitute-whites) and reduced fat cheese are all things that fall in line w/ the fat and Protein guidelines. The egg is 1/4 cup uncooked which cooks up to not much. I have had a similar breakfast maybe once a week (weekend when I have time) and been OK. I have been told to still do high Protein, low fat minimal carbs, and I thought this fell into that. I will check with nutritionist. Maybe these in combination were not a good choice.

I did have green Beans w/ my dinner just now: a Boca chicken patty.

I am usually in the minority with my views on nutrition, but that meal makes me cringe. I call that unhealthy.

BUT (and this is a big but!) it depends what you eat for the rest of the day though - if you had say minestrone with a couple of different veg and Beans in it for lunch, some fruit for a snack, and a couple more serves of veg - perhaps an orange and a green one for dinner with some lean meat, then you're fine for the day and can afford to eat a Breakfast like that. One meal does not make or break a healthy diet - and I ate pancakes with butter and maple Syrup the other day so I'm hardly Miss Perfect either.

But to analyse just that meal - no fruit, no vegies (ideally you'd get 2 fruit, five different veg per day), and an overload on animal products - turkey bacon, cheese AND egg in one meal? I would choose just one of those things. All suturated fat too - even if low fat, and no good fat.

All those additives and salt too - surely a real egg is much tastier?

A poached egg on a slice of toast and some fruit like prunes, half a grapefruit etc would be much healthier, but I totally get that that's how your medical professionals tell you to eat. I just dont get this fixation on Protein, I dont think its worth getting enough Protein if you miss out on almost everything else to do it. Its not a healthy diet, even if it does contain enough protein, from what you read on here most bandsters are alarmingly short of general Vitamins, minerals, fibre and antioxidants and those things cannot be totally replaced in pills, which can never ever replicate the chemical relationships and balances found in real food.

Not really meaning to be negative here, we just dont approach banded eating in the same way in Australia, and the protein craze just has not taken off here like it has there.

Edited by Jachut