Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Officially out of plus sizes!!! NSV

I've bought some smaller clothes since surgery because they were getting too big. Seemed like some things were just getting stretched out (from washing/wearing) rather than me just getting smaller.

I can't wear practically any of my clothing now without it looking ridiculous. And this seems to have occurred just in the past couple weeks. People are noticing my weight loss and I keep hearing, "You're getting so skinny!"

I went shopping about a week ago to Cato's, which has both plus-sized and average-sized clothing in the same styles.

Well, I tried on a ton of different things in the plus-sized side and everything was TOO BIG. So I ventured over to the normal sized section and actually ended up buying a size LARGE shirt (not 1x, not 2x, but large). I thought it was a fluke.

So last night I went to a store called Avenue, which is a plus-sized store. Tried on a bunch of stuff. Huge. When I exited the dressing room the woman asked if I had any luck. I told her that everything was too big and I wouldn't be able to shop in their store anymore! LOL!!!!

So then I went to Macy's and tried on a ton of shirts, mostly size large. THEY ALL FIT!! I didn't buy anything, though, because I don't really have the money.

So then I went to Kohl's because I needed some new black pants (mine are ridiculous right now). I ended up buying size 16 pants!! Now, they're a little tight right now, but I need them to be.

So I've gone from a 3x/2x to a Large.

And a 24 pants to a 16.

The actual weight loss is coming along slow (to me), but I'm thrilled with the new sizes!

Also, I seriously need new bras. I wear the Enell Sports Bra, size 4. And I need to go down to Size 3. But they're like $50 each, eek!

And I can't do normal bras. I like hardcore support.

Well, I guess 16 pants are still considered plus sized. But I bought them in the normal misses section! :wink2:

Congratulations on both the weight loss and the loss in sizes. I know that when I get stuck and not lose weight for awhile I do realize that my clothes are a little looser.

I have gone from 3X shirts to Medium shirts, form size 56 pants to 36 pants.

The greatest NSV is that I am no longer diabetic and no longer have sleep apnea or pain in my back or my knees.

Congratulations Holli! Often the NSV's mean more than the number on the scales! Keep up the good work!

It's the greatest feeling to walk into a store with my 13 year old daughter and be able to buy trendy clothes at the same place. I'm ditching the "specialty" stores forever!

My husband doesn't appreciate my new found love of shopping though. LOL!

I was 18/20, now wear 9/10!!!

No, size 16 pants aren't plus size, there are no X's in 16! Congratulations!!!

Being able to shop in the "normal sizes" stores is a huge NSV - congrats! Even though buying new clothes in each size as we go down isn't practical, it costs nothing to go into stores and try things on just to see what actually DOES fit. It can be amazing to see our bodies that way. Hmmm, think this is good advice for myself, too!

It feels so good to lose and start getting into the smaller sizes. I went from a 24/26 to now a 12 and I am ready to move into a size 10. When my Mom was here for Thanskgiving visiting, we went shopping for clothes. She was picking out tops for me while I was in the dressing room and I would say, "Mom, I can't wear that." She would say just put them on and see. Sure enough, every one of them fit. It was so difficult for me to see the real me. I kept looking in that mirror seeing the old me. I am adjusting and it is a good thing but it has been more difficult than I thought.

Man, I know exactly how you feel. All my favorite shirts are no longer my favorites because they look horrible on me now. Like sacks rather than shirts. I never thought I would start prefering tighter shirts!

congrats on you weight loss and size loss. I'm right there with you. Isn't it a great feeling. keep up the great work:thumbup:

Man, I know exactly how you feel. All my favorite shirts are no longer my favorites because they look horrible on me now. Like sacks rather than shirts. I never thought I would start prefering tighter shirts!

OMG, me too! It's funny how I used to go for all these loose & long tops. Now I'm going for tighter, shorter ones. Otherwise it just looks ridiculous on me.

And thanks guys! :w00t:

Holli that is really awesome! I am so happy for you and I can't wait until I am there as well.

As a joke I tried on a shirt I wore a year ago (size 26/28) and OMG it was a frickin' nightgown on me. What a great feeling.

That is wonderful. You should be very proud. It truly is fun to see those sizes go down.