Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is this real, or just in my head???

Just had my 3rd fill yesterday....I'm at 7.5cc's in a 10cc band. She tried to bring me up to 8 cc's, but the Water wouldn't go down, so she took out .5cc's to bring me back to 7.5cc's. I am really worried right now because I feel so different than before. I feel TIGHT (except, I don't really know what that's suppsed to feel like). I am having a hard time keeping food down....and when I eat, I am really uncomfrotable.

I am scared that I might be too tight, but I also am thinking that thist just might be the first time that I've been really forced to SLOW down and CHEW. Well, I have been working hard to go slow and chew everything to death, and eating is still super uncomfortable!!! My stomach feels really upset and on edge after putting food into it, and I felt like a runny milkshake earlier was not going down easy at all. (I thought a milkshake would be an easy food to get down.) Also, I tried to eat a bit of Soup, and I thought I had chewed everything up really well, but I got stuck and puked my guts out at work. But, I have the tendency to overthink things....

What do you guys think? Is this all in my head, or is there a possibility I might be too tight??

I think you should give it a few days unless you are unable to keep liquids down. Sometimes I have a hard time with milk going down easy...especially at TOM.

did you do liquids for 2 days them mooshys for 1 after your fill? because you may be swollen. When they overfilled me and I couldnt get watwer down they took a little out and it made me swollen and a few days later when the swelling went down I didnt have any restriction:( so maybe you should do liquids for a couple days to let the swelling go down and then see how ya do.

I am having the exact same problem right now. I had a .5 cc added yesterday bringing me to 7.5 and suddenly I can't keep anything down except Water and I have to take just sips to keep that down. I don't want to go in just yet though because at 7cc I had barely and restriction. Darn I wish this wasn't so hard, I was thinking today, am I going to be uncomfortable like this forever? uhh

From everything I have read on this site and others, I would wait a few days to see if the swelling goes down. I usually go back on liquids for a couple of days after a fill and I sip anything I drink. Just be careful and don't go into the weekend.....you might need your doctor before then and they are hard to find sometimes on the weekend. Good luck.

I just had this same problem two weeks ago. Got a fill to 7cc's. Had no problem drinking Water at the office. Definately felt restriction on my mushy foods the first few days and then bam! I couldnt get anything down! I could only eat mushies if I pushed them down with liquids, bite of yogurt, drink of water, etc. And it felt so tight! Like before surgery when I would over eat big time during the holidays. Dear god, I wished I could tolerate that kind of restriction, but I just couldnt. I've never experienced a sick feeling in my tummy since surgery, NEVER got full off of 3 bites of yogurt. Hubby said I should wait a few days but I had already tolerated this for about a week, but I went and had .5 cc's taken out anyways. Blessed relief! I could drink water without burping for 10 minutes. I think I got my restriction, or at least its pretty darn close. Might need that other .5cc back after the holidays. But I lost 1.6 lbs in 5 days. I really wished I could have handled it that tight.

If you are miserable, I would go and have part of the fill taken out, you can always have it put back next visit if needed.

At that level of fill (7cc in a 10cc band), you are probably best off going for 0.25cc changes up or down, rather than 0.5. It doesn't sound like much but it can make a WORLD of difference. It is really important too, to do the liquids for at least a day after the fill and for the remainder of any day in which you get stuck and PB. If you don't, you'll just find yourself getting stuck and PBing more and more often during the day, as your stomach swells in irritation after each episode.

If you've just gone up 0.5cc and haven't let the PB/getting stuck go on for very long, ask them to take 0.25cc out. While you would probably get immediate relief from having the whole 0.5cc taken out, once the swelling goes down, you'll be back where you started and wanting restriction again. However, if you've tried to struggle through for a couple of days, the chances are that you are already so swollen inside that you need to get the whole 0.5 out to get the relief that you need. You can always go back after a couple of weeks when the swelling has gone and you are wanting more restriction, and get them to put it back 0.25cc (or less!) at a time.

When you are honing in on that sweet spot, the adjustments need to get smaller and smaller to make sure you don't overshoot the mark and get too tight.

I had a fill two weeks before a trip. It was perfect until the night before I left. I ate some pizza toppings and got stuck. My daughter helped me get it back up but the whole next day I was nauseated. I didn't eat or drink anything for about 6 hours then I did a small amount of liquid at a time. By the next morning I was back to normal. We keep trying to eat because we think we need to, but sometimes that is the problem. You might be too tight, but give it a rest and then go slow. It also might be ok......