Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gotten to your goal weight? Got excess skin?

Do you have excess skin?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you have excess skin?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know, I have yet to get to my goal weight.

Hey I was just wondering if you guys that have gotten to or close to your goal weight have gotten excess skin. I've spoken with different people who have had the Lap Band and some have loose skin, and some don't. I just want to know how many of you guys do?

I'm still at the beginning of my journey. I have 105 pounds to lose. I'm really worried about the excess skin I'm going to get and that's why I'm hitting the gym at least a couple times a week. I will be going more often in the next month or so. I just wanted to take it easy since I only had the surgery 2 weeks ago.

I know it also depends on age and the elasticity of your skin. I'm 25 so I hope that I'm OK.

How many of you are dealing with this?

We have similar stats and a similar surgery date, we should chat along our journey to see how we are progressing. start weight 228, goal 130, banded 11/23. I am worried about the skin thing, too. But I am 29.

weight.png

Edited by kband

Hey there.. ok so pre band I was like you really worried about the skin. And to be honest, yes I had skin issues but unless I was naked you had no idea. My main profile pic of me in the cop outfit is before plastic surgery. I used to say pre lapband... ewww I would rather be fat than have extra skin, well that is bs. Please look at my pre lapband pic and then my at goal pic and you can see that I look so soooooo much better with extra skin than when I was fat. I did have plastic surgery 9 days ago to get rid of the extra skin, I want to look hot in and out of clothes :sad: . I hated my body pre lapband wouldn't undress in front of hubby. Hated my rolls but after I got to goal even with skin I would walk proudly naked as a jaybird. The skin is the least thing to worry about. I can 100% say I would rather have loose skin than it be filled wit fat any day!!! If you become a "friend" of mine on here you can see pics of me at goal with my skin issues, and then after plastic surgery. Warning, I am pretty much naked. I hope this helps you and I wish you goal in no time!!!!!! GO LAPBAND! :Yawn:

Jessica!

I'm also 25 and I got banded 10/16. I was wondering the same thing. Let's keep in touch and see what works and what doesnt. I'm working out often and started doing light weights. It seems to be helping. I've lost lbs since then. I had a starting weight (initial consult...July 30) of 279 (yes insane)...and now I'm 235. I have 100lbs to go but I'm excited!

Let me know what kind of exercises you're doing!

I got banded at 38, am now 42, I lost 100lb and only have tiny amounts of excess skin and residual flabby bits where I always was flabby anyway (saddlebags anyone?)

I was never very fat in my 20's, always maintained a BMI of about 27, but its 21 now and I can tell you after four years of running and circuit training, there's no part of me I really have to hide and I'd have been WAY happier in my 20's with the body I have now, versus the body I had then.

The only thing I'd consider is a bit of boob work, but that's as much due to 3 pregnancies and 6 years of breastfeeding and they're not that bad anyway.

Im 26 and i do have a little bit of excess skin, its more like a little pouch of fat on my stomach rather than sagging skin other than that i held up ok. If i had the money i would have a TT and prob breast implants. However i have learnt that no one has a perfect body and my friends who have always maintained a healthy weight have areas of their body that look worse than mine do and vice versa!

If someone gave me a lump sum and said you can spend it on what you want i would probably spend it on a new car and say that the plastic surgery can wait for a bit...thats how happy and comfortable i am with myself now compared to how i felt before surgery!

That's a good way of putting it.

Yesterday I put down $8,000 on a family holiday to Thailand and today I'm paying the tiler $5,000 to retile both of our bathrooms.

So could I afford plastic surgery? Yes. Could I look better with a bit of plastic surgery? Yes. Do I value it above and beyond other things? No. Because I look fine, much like most other people.

Good place to be. Maybe one day I might get a nice pair of bouncy boobs, but then again, I might get a really expensive leather couch!

Yes but . . . not NEARLY as much as I thought I would have! And I'm OLD, with HUGE stretch markes from carrying 3 babies and 130 extra lbs. mostly around my middle. I mean, wow! Amazing what exercise can do for ya! I do have some pannus hangin' yet, but I have 13 lbs. to goal and it has shrank up almost completely in the last 20 lbs - from a 4" hang at 210 lbs to a 1" hang now - so I expect it'll be darn near gone by 154 lbs. or whatever I settle out at. The thighs don't bother me, the arse has come out well enough that I get compliments! The worst part besides the pannus is the girls - they have become ALL skin, so I'm with Jachut - someday I may get some nice new bouncy ones - not bigger, just put back where they are supposed to be - but I might just buy a new leather couch! I shop at the right bra stores :-)