Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 1/2 wks post-op and have no restriction...ACK

My dr. cleared me for solids and things have gone well....a little too well! I'm limiting my intake but feeling unsatisfied. Honestly, I feel like I can eat as much as I did pre-op. I don't get a fill for another 2wks and I'm afraid I'll put on the 10lbs that I lost so far. Should I go back to liquids? ????

Personally, I think you might end up drinking even more calories then you're eating, because as fast as solid food is moving through your stoma, liquids are going to sail through. The NP wanted me to be sure to stay under 1 cup at meals, but to add a heavier than normal high Protein fourth "mini-meal", rather than a small snack. tuna, Greek yogurt with Fiber Cereal, or boiled egg, for instance. Often bandsters do put a few pounds back on during this period, so try not to stress too much. Once you start feeling restriction from your adjustments, it'll become much easier. If you're really starting to feel like your starving, you might want to call your doctor for advice on how to get through this stage..Bandster's Hell. Good luck.

hey so i was banded oct 28th and i kinda went through this.. i lost 25 pounds and then i was stuck and i even gained almost 3 pounds. i started frreaking out. i only eat 1/2 cup meals and in between i eat fruits or veggies. i eat no carbs at all and its basiclly meat n veggies or tofu.. wen i jumped back on the scale after the gain i realized that i lost the weight i gained and even more. now i am at total of 33 pounds down.. 10 pre op and 23 post op.. i say just eat healthy and really try to eat 1/2 cup meals.. i know chicken breast keeps me full for hours.. i have no restriction either and if i wanted to i would be able to eat a lot.. but u gotta hang in there... good luck...

I am 3 weeks and 1 day post op. I have zero restriction. I still drink a lot of liquids but I can eat solids with no problem. I have eaten chicken and fish with ease. You and I are currently in "Bandster Hell". It is hard to not eat things I shouldn't but I don't. Typical day for me is 2-3 Protein Shakes (usually 2), oatmeal, few crackers with Peanut Butter and Grits for dinner. Pre-op, all of the would have been before 10 am!! I am working inside my own head to do this. I am looking VERY forward to my first fill but in the meantime, it is up to us!!

I am so happy I stumbled across the thread. Lastnight I was feel so sorry for myself, as I'm sure most of us have felt, I'm almost 3 weeks postop and I'm not feeling any restriction right now. I'm getting filled next week, so I can't wait for that. I'm glad to see that I'm not alone in the "bandster hell".

I was banded Nov 2 and my first fill isn't until Dec 15. I have some restriction, but not nearly as much as it was right after surgery. My surgeon said this would be expected. I'm ok with that until my fill. The worst part is that every body knows I had my lap band, so I feel like they are all looking over my shoulder when ever I eat. They don't really understand. So I have to explain everything and it almost makes me feel guilty for eating. Sometimes I want to hide and eat.

Exactly I was banded on the 9th of November and I have very little restriction. I dont get my first fill till the 22nd of December so its up to us to have the will power and also I know I need to let the judging of other people get to me I know where I work I am more aware of how easily people judge on my decisions on not eating but in the same sense I am more aware of their eating habits and it helps me have the will power to say I will do this for me and I dont care what anybody thinks I hope that makes sense. :thumbup:) Hang in there we can do it!!!!

I was banded on September 21st and my surgeon STILL hasn't given me a fill. I was supposed to have one November 10 but the forgot to tell me I needed a referral so I couldn't have it done. Now I'm going on December 1st and I can't wait. This "bandster hell" is for the birds!

I was banded the 12th so I'm still on liquids. I progress to pureed tomorrow for two weeks. Then I get to eat mushies! yippee... lol

I've had days lately where I have hunger pains. I know I'm not eating enough with my full liquid diet but I'm doing ok. I'm kinda scared to start eating anything more.