Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much fluid did you get you first fill?

I was banded 10/14/09 and I have a 10 cc lap band. I got my first fill of 4 ccs yesterday. My question is...how many ccs does it take (I know everyone is different) did it take to get you to your "sweet spot"?

I am hoping to get some restriction and start putting this baby to work! I only lost 1 pound since 2 weeks ago at my doctor.

vastly different some people 2 some people 10. I have found no consistent number. I have a 9cc realize. Had 5.2 put in on first fill and have no restriction.

:wub:I have no idea what size band I have, and I had my first fill on Monday, 11/16/09, I had to wait 90 days, because the insurance wouldn't cover it. I don't feel any restriction either, and I am eating solid foods. I am very disappointed. I don't see the dr. for 6 weeks, should i call and say the first fill isn't working like I would like it to be. I haven't lost anything since Monday!!!:bored::cursing:

From the posts here and other places, I have determined that the majority need half of their band space filled before they get to restriction. I had 2cc in my 4cc band and I have my restriction. Of course there are people who need more and some need less but hopfully that will give you an idea....

From the posts here and other places, I have determined that the majority need half of their band space filled before they get to restriction.

I have a 10cc band, I had to wait 2 months before they would do the first fill. They put in 3, thought it was too much (watching Fluid go down on the fluoroscope) backed it off to 2.25ccs, later I had another .25cc added and then I made my goal weight. (2.5cc total)

:wub:I have no idea what size band I have, and I had my first fill on Monday, 11/16/09, I had to wait 90 days, because the insurance wouldn't cover it. I don't feel any restriction either, and I am eating solid foods. I am very disappointed. I don't see the dr. for 6 weeks, should i call and say the first fill isn't working like I would like it to be. I haven't lost anything since Monday!!!:bored::cursing:

I would probably give it at least 2 weeks. Some tighten up over time. Not everyone though. I think within 2 weeks you have no restriction then I would try to move it up. My doc will do it every 2 to 3 weeks.

I have either a 10cc or a 14cc, the dr, wasnt able to tell me for sure during my last appointment, go figure since he put the dang thing in..

my fill this past monday was my first and was 4cc.

I have a 11cc Realize band and it has 6.75ccs at the moment. Part of the day, I can really feel some restriction and part of it, I can't feel much. I think I am very close to my sweet spot and hope that when I get my fourth fill in December, I will be there.

They always ask me if I'm hungry and how much hunger I experience. I guess that is one way that they determine how much to put it.

I also had my first fill on 11/12 4 c.c. in a 10 c.c. band and feel very little restriction. I have lost 4 lbs since my fill but get hungry around 1-2 hrs after eating. I am looking forward to my second fill on Dec. 3rd. At least I get full fast I just don't like the hunger a couple hrs later. I also feel tighter in the mornings which I've noticed a lot of people feel. I'm 17lbs down post op and love my band already! Can't wait to find my sweet spot. :thumbup:

everyone is definetly different. i have 3 ccs in my 10 cc band and im 6 months out. i have gotten 2 fills both 1 cc ( i started with 1cc from surgery) i cant take anymore then that at a time.

Banded July 1st and I've lost only 15 lbs since (but lost 25 lbs pre-op). I'm on my 3rd fill and I feel that I'm very close. I have Realize (9-11 cc, not sure) and first fill in August was 3 cc with little effect. 2nd fill (1cc) early October had some effect. At times I could eat absolutely everything and other times I learned the true meaning of PBing and Sliming :thumbup:. There was a learning curve as my band and I came to some agreement. (Mostly I had to learn...band stood firm LOL). I had my 3rd fill (1 cc) mid November and now I'm starting to see how this whole thing is going to work. I feel restriction most of the time, but still seem determined to test all the limits LOL. I'll learn I guess. I have another fill scheduled at the end of december that I guess will be very small if I have it at all. I'm hoping that will be the one that brings me to the sweet spot (insurance is covering 100% until Dec 31.)

I had my first fill two weeks ago, and I felt restriction right away, but since everyone on here says it changes in a couple weeks, I did not know if it was my sweet spot or not. Now I believe it is just perfect. I am so excited because I lost 6 lbs this last week. I really think I am there. Time will tell but Man I can't wear hardly any of my Jeans anymore. :thumbup:

I have a 9cc Realize band. I had 3cc at 1st fill and felt restriction 1 day. Had another 3ccs added(6 cc total) and have felt restriction for 4 days so far. Doc said it may last a week, also note : doc said 1cc is in the tubing. I was at a support grp meeting and they said it depends on how stretched out your stomach is to begin with. The more stretched, the less Fluid you need to feel restriction. The smaller the stomach the more fluid you will need. This is definately a test of patience. Hang in there:thumbup: