Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are you in favor of the new health care reform?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favor of the new health care reform?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Fox has always had more viewers than CNN or MSNBC but that does not translate into votes for the neocon candidates they support because in the 2008 presidential election several red states turned blue but not one blue state turned red. Where were all the fox news watchers? Therefore how many people watch fox news is irrelevant to american political opinion or election outcomes.

cleo's: "That must be that same convoluted thinking that allows Matalin, Perino and Guiliani to say that 9/11 didn't happen under bush."

It's their effort to re-write history. They're all on the same page - trying to fix it so that Americans will forget what all really happened under the Bush administration.

When I saw Pres. Obama's response to the Haiti tragedy, I wondered how the right wing extremists (the ones who went nuts when Obama wanted to tell kids to stay in school and work hard) would criticize him for it. I was curious how they would turn something as a call to help these victims into something negative. I didn't have to wonder long.

Here is rush limbaugh's take:

xx.gif Re: Limbaugh: Obama will use Haiti to boost credibility with blacks

« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 09:44:20 PM »

(Jan. 13) – In the wake of Haiti's catastrophic earthquake, which claimed thousands of lives, including several Americans, radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh took aim at President Barack Obama for pledging aid so swiftly.

On his radio show on Jan. 13, Limbaugh vented to listeners that Obama – who was on winter holiday in Hawaii when Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab tried but failed to bring down a U.S. airliner – took three days to address the nation on that subject. In contrast, and much to Limbaugh's ire, the president's remarks on the devastation in Haiti came just one day following the tragedy there.

In the same program, Limbaugh suggested that Obama was happy for the quake in Haiti, as his administration will "use this to burnish their, shall we say, credibility with the black community, in the ... the both light-skinned and dark-skinned black community in this country. It's made to order for them."

http://www.sphere.com/politics/article/rush-limbaugh-sees-red-over-obamas-response-to-haiti-earthquake/19315905

Here's President Obama speaking about Haiti this morning in Washington at the White House. He held a press conference. Now, I want you to remember, it took him three days to respond to the Christmas Day fruit of Kaboom Bomber, three days. And when he came out after those three days, he was clearly irritated that he had to do it. He didn't want to do it. He comes out here in less than 24 hours to speak about Haiti.

Yes, I think in the Haiti earthquake, ladies and gentlemen -- in the words of Rahm Emanuel -- we have another crisis simply too good to waste. This will play right into Obama's hands. He's humanitarian, compassionate. They'll use this to burnish their, shall we say, "credibility" with the black community -- in the both light-skinned and dark-skinned black community in this country. It's made-to-order for them. That's why he couldn't wait to get out there, could not wait to get out there

File this under: 1) ridiculous criticism

2) selective amnesia

3) re-writing history

Did this bloated windbag really forget bush's lack of response to Katrina? Did he also "forget" that bush didn't respond to Richard Reed (a/k/a shoe bomber) for TEN (10) days after the incident?

And there are people, like Fox viewers, who listen to him. Just shows their stupidity.

Let's examine the word "Extremist." It's a time honored tradition of liberals to use it on Conservatives, but let's take a closer look at the real meaning. Extreme;last, final, radical,as extreme social ideas, farthest,as the extreme boundary. Those are just a couple words used to describe it. Now, let's examine the so-called Right-wing and what they stand for: Pro-life for a "choice" for the baby of being alive, Marriage being between a man and a woman, Low taxes and Fiscal Responsibility,Being Proud of your Country and what it stands for, Defending the Security of this Country and taking proper measures against the terrorists who want to kill us,etc. Now, let's examine the "left-wingers ideas-Pro-choice-meaning a woman has "reproductive rights" and can choose to have her baby murdered, changing the meaning of Marriage to include anyone marrying anyone under the guise of "equality", High taxes to pay for all of the unnecessary bills that they are trying to push on the American people,Being embarrassed of your Country and what it stands for and having to make around the world trips to apologize for our "divisive and derisive actions" taken over the years?, Being lax on security, because the alleged criminals who are attempting their "man-made disasters" on us, are also entitled to an attorney and their Miranda Rights and a full-blown, paid for by US, trial,etc. Now, after examining the REAL FACTS, who would you say are the Extremists??.

First of all thankyou Paigey, I totally agree with your nov. 8 quote. I am a self employed plumber going into my 5th year of business. I was working day and night to pay my $1,800.oo a month healthcare bill so my wife could stay home and raise the kids properly(according to the republicans,I do agree though). I kind of jumped ahead here. In 2005 when I started my business my healthcare cost was around $1,100.oo month, over the last 4 years it crept up to $1,800.00 a month (Highmark). They sent me a letter last February 09 informing me it wold go up 8.5 to 31%. This would have put me out of business, I was already waking up in middle of night with knots in my stomach worrying would I have the money for healthcare. I was late i month Nov 07) I was told if i had payment on Dec. 1st It would be ok 1 time. Well i got a bill for Dec. for $3,600.00 and my insurance would be void until i pay, keep in mind I already paid $1,800.00 a week before i recieved the notice.Beig close to Christmas didnt help either(thanks to great family i made it through ok. Now my wife and I decided she would have to work. She found a job which pays benefits but nou she drives 30 mile each way and leaves the house at 6:00 and gets home between 7:oo-8:00 every night. In turn I cant work as late I have to be home to get the kids from school(i can make more on a good day than she makes in a week. 3 nights a week we pay for 2 kids daycare $170.00 a week but i still have to get them by 6:00. My point after this long article is most people who are against healthcare reform/public option probably work for an employer who covers at least most benefits. Catherine and I cant rmember the guy but you must be sean hannity/fox watchers. I dont know where you get your poll stats from but about majority on healthcare remember Obama did get voted in by major landslide(these facts are proven) one main reason was healthcare. So i believe majority want something done. This is just my opinion but any dr. who doesnt want reform is only concerned about their money not the well being of people who allow them to make the money they make.In Pennsylvania where i live i had to go through chamber of commerce(Westmoreland County)to get highmark. I couldnt choose because my pre-existing conditions, reform will allow me to choose cheaper plan with other companies. Its funny the Pharmaceutical and healthcare companys are against it,Why, Im a plumber, i dont want other plumbing companys in my area! Sorry this is so long, its a sore subject for me (someone not sitting on my butt but cant seem to get ahead) Please dont take any of my political views to heart, Im a registered independent who would probably agree and disagree on alot of other issues, i dont mean to p!?ss anyone off this is my opinion on healthcare,thanks.

Sorry , I wrote the long story before this one. I meant to agree with Paigey and Cleos mom(whom I believe is from Greensburg Pennsylvania as am I) I think i was disagreeing with Pattygreen and like i said I cant remember the guys name. Im surprised Rush didnt say "BARAK HUSSEIN OBAMA" caused this by seeding the atmoshere over Haiti!

Sorry , I wrote the long story before this one. I meant to agree with Paigey and Cleos mom(whom I believe is from Greensburg Pennsylvania as am I) I think i was disagreeing with Pattygreen and like i said I cant remember the guys name. Im surprised Rush didnt say "BARAK HUSSEIN OBAMA" caused this by seeding the atmoshere over Haiti!

Hi Bob - yes, and not only that but you had the good sense to run away from my previous surgeon. I went with him (my mistake) and ended up having to change doctors and now go to Dr. Urbandt at West Penn.

Give rush some time, he might yet say that while his listeners bob their ditto heads in agreement.

It was btrieger (Body Bug Groupy). The picture you are showing from september I believe, was that not the one hannity used which were old pictures added to (the new ones with only a couple hundred protesting) for which he publicly apologized for? If thats not the picture it wouldnt surprise me if it was doctored.The "anti Christ " had his chance but never mentioned hannity or the incident,its funny neither did rush! Wow im reading my post,Isound like an angry, angry person but im really not and im not out to change anybodies opinion or put anyone down fror what they believe. Thats what makes this the best country in the world. Now "cant we all just get along" on the nonpolitical part of lapband because i appreciate everyones opinions and you all have helped me decide to do lapband. Dems, Rep. Ind.

Those for this reform of HC say that it will bring down the deficit and save Americans money. This is true, but only in the first 5 years after the plan starts. Why? Because nothing happens for the first 5 years except the collecting of taxes from the people. Then when the reform begins (in 5 years) they will be able to pay for it with the collected money + the continued collection of money. But what happens in 10 years from now? When they have only the money they are collecting and none of the 'saved' up money left. That's when we are screwed. Because there won't be enough tax coming in to support all this HC. That's when the rationing will begin. (You can't have what you can't pay for.) But what does Obama care? He won't be around at that time to take the heat for what he's done. It will be another president who we will be cursing and pissed at.

loserbob, do I understand that you are in the process of deciding whether to get the lapband? I've had mine for over 3 years. My advice is that you listen very well to those who speak of complications. I don't know the percentage of people who have developed complications after several years of having the band vs. those who have never had a complication after having the band for several years. But it is something to consider... I'm just sayin'.

I totally understand why you need change from the current health care system - we do too. We're small business owners and have a similar story to yours. People are begging for some relief.

85% of all americans are satisfied or happy with their healthcare right now.With those high percentages, why mess with it?

When you say that 85% of Americans are satisfied with their health care, what exactly do you mean? That 85% of people who need to be treated medically have been happy with the treatment they've received?

When you say that 85% of Americans are satisfied with their health care, what exactly do you mean? That 85% of people who need to be treated medically have been happy with the treatment they've received?

more are satisfied with the cost of HC than not.

83% percent of Americans rate the quality of healthcare they receive as excellent or good, while only 15% say theirs is poor. Slightly less, 70%, say their healthcare coverage is excellent or good. These ratings have been fairly stable in the seven years in which Gallup's Healthcare survey has been conducted.

In insurance Coverage means: all the risks covered by an insurance policy. So the 70% of people who were asked that question said that they think their insurance company provides excellent or good coverage of medical costs when they require medical treatment.

Quality in health care speaks to the quality of medical care a person receives when they need treatment.

The question we are discussing is whether people like the system of health care we have in America. System refers to the regular, orderly way of doing something.

So your report of Gallup's survey does not reveal how people feel about the system because health care reform is an effort to change the system not the quality of health care. How people feel about their medical treatment enters into the discussion if changing it affects the system, but the quality of medical care in America has been accepted as being one of the best in the world.

By the same token, whether or not we are happy with the coverage our insurance company is willing to pay for also can affect the system, but just because 70% of the people polled are happy with their coverage, doesn't mean that those without insurance are considered in the poll and those people don't even have our great medical care available to them unless they go to an emergency room - and the quality of health care there is not considered the barometer for determining whether Americans have the best health care.

You really have to be careful interpreting polls and trying to use them in your arguments. They can be very misleading and your argument falls flat when your debate opponents point out the fallacy of the interpretation.

Oh and by the way, COST was not even mentioned in the portion of the Gallup poll you offered as evidence in your argument. So it is unclear how you might have come up with that claim.

I get coffee every morning before work. The guy who works there(7-11) is a republican, we discuss politics alot. First off he told me "he aint voting for no bleepin bleep(you get the picture). Then hes mad at the credit card companies and doesnt pay the cards because they raise his interst rates. He also says he doesnt want healthcare(now in present state, pre-reform)because in America we cant be denied medical coverage(going back to pattys response). I explained to him if he has major medical issues he could end up paying health bill forever, he told me he doesnt pay the bills anyway.Who do you think pays them, wonder why healthcare is so expensive and keeps going up! He also said "soldiers should have to go to war, you cant join the military just to have college paid for". Theirs your moral party!

he blames the world for the problems created by himself.