Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wannabthinagain's journey

ok, i'm about to start the next phase of this journey.

I'm hovering around 6 pounds above my original goal (i say that because i would LOVE to lower it, but at the same time PS may bet rid of the rest of what doesn't seem to want to budge!).

My PS consult is Thursday 11/12/09. I'm not planning surgery until March of next year. I just want to know what he wants me to do...maintain, lose more...

I'm trying to get all the questions i should ask all written down so i don't forget anything!

the plan is to have a lift with implants (i'm sure i don't have enough tissue for even a C!) and a Tummy Tuck. would love some Lipo if there is any backfat and above my belly if that isn't pulled flat!

here are things i have already.....can anyone add to this?

am i at an ok weight or should i lose more

should i work at maintaining now, or lose more

Belly buttons (i am worried about this one but hear my Dr. does great ones!)

implants what kind/size (i've hear of some called gummie. my sister in law had her saline replaced with this type last year because ONE saline busted after 5 years and she was totally lopsided...she's FLAT without the implants. The gummies are silicone, but will not leak if busted. at least from the outside it would still look normal!)

mons lift happens with tt? what exactly would that achieve?

will my port scar be hidden, if not removed? (my port scar is low, but a little bit higher than my belly button on the left side)

port moved/replaced with low profile (my port makes me look like i have some serious abs sticking out! LOL)

what does this price include? (compression garments, follow-ups, revisions?)

when do i return for a checkup?

should i stay in town for a couple of days at a hotel? (would this be better incase of emergencies, comfort, etc)

where will my scar be, how far around

what is typical healing time

how long before taking care of the kids

lifting them?

unfill (my band reacts to my hormones really bad! i get tight around my period ....really tight if i have really good restriction.)

muscle repair (i'm sure 4 kids have done a number there!)

pain pump or oral med?

exercising

I'm getting SOOOO excited!

Thanks Josie and Allie for the info i've gotten from both of your journey's!!!

ok, i'm about to start the next phase of this journey.

I'm hovering around 6 pounds above my original goal (i say that because i would LOVE to lower it, but at the same time PS may bet rid of the rest of what doesn't seem to want to budge!).

My PS consult is Thursday 11/12/09. I'm not planning surgery until March of next year. I just want to know what he wants me to do...maintain, lose more...

I'm trying to get all the questions i should ask all written down so i don't forget anything!

the plan is to have a lift with implants (i'm sure i don't have enough tissue for even a C!) and a Tummy Tuck. would love some Lipo if there is any backfat and above my belly if that isn't pulled flat!

here are things i have already.....can anyone add to this?

am i at an ok weight or should i lose more

should i work at maintaining now, or lose more

Belly buttons (i am worried about this one but hear my Dr. does great ones!)

implants what kind/size (i've hear of some called gummie. my sister in law had her saline replaced with this type last year because ONE saline busted after 5 years and she was totally lopsided...she's FLAT without the implants. The gummies are silicone, but will not leak if busted. at least from the outside it would still look normal!)

mons lift happens with tt? what exactly would that achieve?

will my port scar be hidden, if not removed? (my port scar is low, but a little bit higher than my belly button on the left side)

port moved/replaced with low profile (my port makes me look like i have some serious abs sticking out! LOL)

what does this price include? (compression garments, follow-ups, revisions?)

when do i return for a checkup?

should i stay in town for a couple of days at a hotel? (would this be better incase of emergencies, comfort, etc)

where will my scar be, how far around

what is typical healing time

how long before taking care of the kids

lifting them?

unfill (my band reacts to my hormones really bad! i get tight around my period ....really tight if i have really good restriction.)

muscle repair (i'm sure 4 kids have done a number there!)

pain pump or oral med?

exercising

I'm getting SOOOO excited!

Thanks Josie and Allie for the info i've gotten from both of your journey's!!!

wow you are super prepared with some great questions. I would add the question, which I am worried about since we are staying in a hotel the night of surgery do I need to get anything like a bed wedge or something to make the toilet easier to sit on?? I just started worrying about these things. I am so excited for you and thanks for the shout out lol. :w00t:

wow you are super prepared with some great questions. I would add the question, which I am worried about since we are staying in a hotel the night of surgery do I need to get anything like a bed wedge or something to make the toilet easier to sit on?? I just started worrying about these things. I am so excited for you and thanks for the shout out lol. :crying:

This is a very valid concern as I have a friend who only had breast implant surgery. She was a new divorcee and wanted to do something for herself. Any way she shared a story with me that your question reminded me of.

As a new divorcee, she was not at all interested in any heavey relationships, but she had been dating a guy for about 3 weeks when she had her surgery. She had no clue at just how painfully restricting this surgery would be. So when her friend drove her home, he picked up her pain meds, helped to get her settled and comfy, then the urge to use the bathroom hit :w00t:, welllllllll, needless to say from that point her new "friend" became a a personal bathroom buddy :unsure:.

My point here is, with you having so much more done than my friend had, well um, ya know, have your bathroom buddy at the ready!:wink2:

Good luck to you both!

well, my husband will be with me every part of the way, so i have a live in bathroom buddy! LOL

as for the toliet seat, i'm short, VERY short and don't have a long way to go. I didn't have any problems after either c-sections i had. i didn't think about that, but i wonder if it should be a concern. i have heard about the wedge pillow and i will be asking about that. i have a (rocker) recliner at home and 2 other recliners (that are built into our couch) that i will probably use most. the WORST feeling after my sections was if someone pushed on the back of the rocker recliner and i JUMPED thinking the chair was going BACK and OMG it hurt my incision! i can only imagine after a breast and tummy surgeries!

I'm going to learn more through your journey coming up! i hope there isn't anything you aren't prepared for!

i already know, something to help me sleep the days before will be needed!!! i was up half the night last night wondering if there is anything i'm forgetting to ask about, thinking about the appointment, wondering what he's going to tell me!

I know big button up shirts will be a must so you don't have to raise your arms. baggy pants too. i was thinking wouldn't a moo moo work great! LOL don't they usually have pockets on both sides too? may not be pretty, but should be VERY comfy at first!!

how did your consult go????????????????????

Thanks for asking! it went AWESOME!

we made a trip out of the trip to the Dr.! hubby and i went alone (the Dr. is 2 1/2 hours away) while my mom kept the kids. We stayed the night in Galveston and enjoyed being ALONE!!

Dr. Adam is WONDERFUL! Even if i had other Dr's to consult with before deciding, i would cancel them because i have NO doubt he's the Dr. for me!

I'm going to have a lift, with silicone Gel implants (not sure of the size,YET. probably high profile) with Lipo under arms, around to the back if needed.

He will lace up my abdominal muscles and do an extended Tummy Tuck (as far back as he needs to go for it to lay flat and look nice) with lipo around to the back, and about the belly (under the boob area).

he will be able to take ALL of my stretch marks AWAY!!!! WOO!HOO! he THINKS even my port scar will be GONE! IF he can't cut it off (it may be a fraction too high), it will be right at my TT scar line!!

the fat he lipo's out, will be transfered to my BUM!!! i have NOOOOOOO bootie whatsoever and this will give me just a tiny bit....

he said my surgery will probably take about 8 hours!!

he told me he will take 6-8 pounds away!! that would be 116 if i didn't lose anymore...and he said he didn't think i needed to lose ANYMORE! (i would like to with the attempt to have a not so chubby face! my cheeks are so chubby to me!)

He will have a nurse come to the hotel to get me out of the car, into the bed or recliner. He will come the next day to check on me, change my bandages (and show me how). he said after that, i can go home. Hubby made it clear, we will be staying at LEAST 2 days to make sure i have no complications since we would be 2 1/2 hours away. The Dr. said i didn't HAVE to, but it was smart thinking. i could go the 2nd day to have the foley taken out, then go home. I would then go back after 2 weeks.

He will do as much as i need over the phone or email if i need anything (if i need him to look at my incisions, he will let me take pics, send them to him, and he will make a dicision if he wants me to make the trip back, or if it's fine (or call something in for me).

He is WONDERFUL! his staff was super nice and helpful. I'm SOOOOO pleased!

we just need to figure out a date, call them back to let them know, put down a small deposit, and my date will be held!

i'm so glad the next few months are filled with holidays and such! it will make the time pass without constantly thinking about how slow it's passing!

you must be SOOO excited! it's almost your day!!

how did your consult go????????????????????

Wannabe, it is so exciting, I am happy for you. May I ask how old you are and how you decided to get implants? I am having a tough time deciding.

Mimi

Edited by Mimilou2004

I am sooo excited you liked your Doc. You are pretty much getting the exact same thing I am but I added the Lipo of the thighs. Can I ask how much you are paying? I am paying 18,950 with the pain pump added which I definetly need lol. I can hardly wait to hear when your date is. It is so exciting!

xoxox

as for my decision to get implants...

he said with just a lift, i would probably be a small C...and i'm afraid i may end up a B. After being DD or so for the last 17 years for the most part, that seems TOOOO little. So, i decided i would go with the implants. My decision on the Silicone Gel is that my sister in law had saline done 5-6 years ago and this past spring, one BUSTED! she went back with the silicone gel instead. even if they bust, they will NOT leak. they feel and look more natural too. the disavantage is you have a set number you can go with and if you are different sizes, it could be harder for the Dr. to make them match.

I asked him about my thighs, because he said he will usually do a little into the top of the thighs, but i don't need anything done to the outsides of my legs, i have NO hips are outer thigh. i was concerned with the inner. He said it looks like it's just skin, and that if he did do Lipo, it would just make MORE loose skin! DOn't want that! he actually said there was NOTHING wrong with them, just what i see looking down...not when someone else looks at them. i agree because when i look in the mirror, i don't see fat legs, but looking down at them i do.

My total cost is $16,400. He took off the 1,000 for fat transfer to the bootie since i was having other things done.

We are going to have to sit down and look at the calendar because hubby was saying march, then at the Dr. office he said April (because he will be going out of town 2 weekends in a row at the end of march/beginning of april) but my mom cannot keep the kids over the Easter holidays (the weekd after when all the kids are out of school) because she will have 7 kids to take care of that week! I'm hoping we can do it earlier in March rather than later in April. I want to be HEALED when it warms up here and it can be HOT here by the end of april/beginning of may!

Thank you for sharing your selection story with me, I don't want to be smaller than a C, either, so will probably end up with implants. Interesting that the saline your sis got broke...That was something that I didn't think happened.

I am glad your PS told you your legs were OK instead of making money off you!!!!

Mimi

Oh and i forgot to say, i'm 38 and I've always been only 4'10.5" although my Dr says 4'11" I'll take it! heehee because the other day i measured myself and was 4'10! ACK!! my grandma is only 4'8"!!!

i LOVE my Dr! he is FABULOUS! he actually told me i would be fine without implants and did NOT in anyway try to talk me into them. He actually told me to THINK about wanting the implants until i called to book my date. he said i wouldn't have to do any more lifting or anything and they would stay the same for the rest of my life with JUST a lift. with implants, in 20 years, i will have to do something...replace them, have them removed, something as far as maintanance!

I'm still going WITH implants though! i don't wanna look too little!!

I don't have a bootie either. Eager to know how this works out for you. The moo moo worked out great. I wore this leaving the hospital and few days. I didn't have a bed wedge and didn't need one. We had enough pillows stacked and that was all I needed. I found the bed to be more comfortable than the recliner. I had a catheter for 3 days and yesterday was first day getting on toilet. I'm 5'2 and this wasn't bad. Just remember to breathe. For shower you definitely want a lawn chair of something to sit on. For me the bending over back has hurt more than anythng.

Josie used the same Dr. i'm using and had the fat transfer done also. She may be able to answer questions about that since she already had it done.

My Dr. said he rathers his patients in the recliner becaue he does NOT want us to straighten out too much. he wants us to stay bent for a while when healing. The hotels he works with usually have recliners in the rooms (also a handicap room so that the showers have bars in them for ease in the shower).

I know after my section, i kept a step stool in the shower so if/when i needed to sit, i could. the lawn chair sounds like a great idea too because that would be a little bit higher than my step stool.

oh wow...you have JUST had your surgery. i'll have to look to see if you have a thread to read through! I hope recovery is quick for you!!

I don't have a bootie either. Eager to know how this works out for you. The moo moo worked out great. I wore this leaving the hospital and few days. I didn't have a bed wedge and didn't need one. We had enough pillows stacked and that was all I needed. I found the bed to be more comfortable than the recliner. I had a catheter for 3 days and yesterday was first day getting on toilet. I'm 5'2 and this wasn't bad. Just remember to breathe. For shower you definitely want a lawn chair of something to sit on. For me the bending over back has hurt more than anythng.

Wannabe - congrats on finding your doc! I would have added the question "What is your revision clause" to the list. If a scar needs revising or if anything goes wrong whatsoever. Some docs have a 1 year revision, etc. Where they will not charge you to fix it, though you may need to pay hospital charges.

I'll be staying at a hotel the second night after my surgery, too, to make sure there's no complications. I agree with you, it's a smart move!

March will be here before you know it!!