Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all ,

i had my band 3 months ago , my first fill was 1 week ago , i have 9 cc in , my band is 11 cc

although i have 9 cc in i feel the restriction is not enough , yesterday i was able to eat the following with no problem

1 cup of Soup

2 and a half slices of bread

10 small shrimps and a glass of Water

is that normal !!! i mean i eat less than before but i still think that is too much to eat when u have a 9cc fill , can some one

please tell me whats going on ? should i have another fill or not? or do i have a stretched pouch ?

Thanks

Are you certain you have 9cc? It seems a little strange to me that you have only had one fill and are already at 9cc.

There are many bandsters on this board who have had their bands for much longer and still haven't reached the 9cc fill level.

I have the older style 10cc band with 2.28cc fill and I cannot eat bread at all. I would be more inclined to think maybe you have .9cc fill.

Edited by happy2lose

Well you are not eating much so regardless of how tight the band is I would think you would be hungry. Soup is not the best food to eat because it doesn't stay in the pouch so it doesn't keep you feeling full.

The bread on its own doesn't sound very nutritious. Did you have the glass of Water with the shrimps because if you did that would help them to go down easier and again wouldn't keep you full. Or did you only drink 1 glass of Water all day- if you did that is really worrying.

Maybe you are too full. It sounds as though you should be eating more food so that you can use the band the way in which it is intended. You need to aim for nutritious and well balanced. You should be able to eat a range of healthy foods from all food groups including veggies etc.

Was this all at one sitting or all day? I would need to know this to comment.

Thank you all for your replies ....

well the doctor did tell me that i have added 9 cc on the first fill , cause he added 2 cc then i drank this liqued that appeared on the xray and there was no restriction the liquid just passed thru , so he added 2 more and the result was the same so he added 4 cc and then the restriction happened ..... so its 9 in total

also what i ate was in 1 sitting and the glass of Water was with the food ...

i am having all sort of worries , band slippage , port problems i feel very bad actually ... :unsure:

I think you are washing your food down past the any restriction you may have, with Soup and drinking Water. One of the primary rules I was told was not to drink 1/2 hour before a meal and not for 1 to 2 hours afterwards.

I really don't know what to tell you. I had my band put in almost two months ago and I still don't even know what size he put in. When I had my post op appointment, we were so busy discussing what foods I would eat that I forgot to ask. I go for my first fill on Thursday, so maybe I will find out then.

Good luck to you, and hang in there!

Its possible you dont have much restriction. I have seen a few people on here say that a 10cc band can really hold up to 14cc's. And my doc may have also told me that too but I can't remember for sure because I am no where near that.

I will just say this.. I would consider myself at or very close to my sweet spot. I cannot eat anything in the morning. I have a light lunch and afternoon snack, but at dinner time I can eat a decent amount of food. Rarely will I eat till I'm actually feeling fullness, but I eat to satiety where I'm happy and do not feel the need to eat anymore. Most times I do not feel "full" and I know I COULD eat more, but I don't.

Maybe try portioning your food and setting it out.. eat it and see how you are feeling afterwards, try to avoid that last bit of food. I don't think you ate all that much.. but that was a good amount of bread you had. I understand some folks are able to eat breads/cakes and some cannot. I, for one, cannot do breads/cakes, I feel tightness as it goes down, so I have not even tried anymore.

Do you feel anything when your food is going down? Have you ever felt like something might get stuck? Those were my clues that told me I was getting some restriction. You could ask your doc too and see what he thinks.. things are SO different for every person its really hard to say what is going on.