Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i was wondering and i was wondering what slimming is

I can help you on this one, as I just had an episode last night :w00t:

PB ing is short for "productive burp". Basically, when you eat too fast or take too big a bite or your band just doesn't like what you just ate, you will get a reaction that feels like the food is stuck. Pain in your chest area, sometimes a lot of discomfort, followed by a time of trying to get the food to either go down or come back up. It can be very uncomfortable and you have to deal with it. I ate a piece of meat that I obviously did not chew very well and the reaction was immediate. I walked around a bit, chewed on some papaya enzyme pills and waited some more. Felt like I wanted to bring it back up but couldn't. Finally, after about 20 minutes, it went down. It is not the same as vomiting, because there are no gastric juices to speak of, just a lot of saliva. Which is where the sliming part comes in. Your body will immediately produce saliva in an effort to help things along. I kept having to spit because I couldn't swallow very well. Now, all this sounds nasty and it is in a way, but it will teach you a lesson on Portion Control and proper chewing habits. Today, I am back on soft foods and taking my time with the chewing. I do not want another incident like last night! Just be aware that it can happen, especially if you are like me and keep forgetting that I have a band in and cannot eat like I used to.:scared2:

Elgrad

I HAVE HAD BOTH OF THOSE AND IT IS NOT FUN..:w00t: I ALSO NEED TO LEARN TO EAT SLOWER AND CHEW BETTER, IT IS AN AWEFUL FEELING. SOMETIMES I CAN MAKE MYSELF VOMIT BUT SOMETIMES IT JUST DOS NOT WORK, I WILL BURP AND FEEL BETTER AT TIMES. I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH HICCUPS. THEY HAVE RECENTLY STARTED, FOR NO REASON I WILL HICCUP, ABOUT 4 OR 5 TIMES THEN IT STOPS, BUT THIS IS SOMETIME HAPPENING 4 OR 5 TIMES A DAY. I HAVE NOT HAD A FILL IN A FEW MONTHS AND I HAVE NO PROBLEM EATING SO I DONT KNOW WHAT IS CAUSING IT. IF ANY ONE KNOWS THE AWNSER, I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU, ITS REALLY ANNOYING. :scared2:

THANKS AND GOD BLESS

T-ROSE

I had my first episode of both yesterday. It was so painful!!!! I know that I was chewing well and the bite was small. The only thing I can figure out is either my body doesn't like a grilled pork chop or the chop was a little too dry (which it was ). Since we were eating with friends, I went to the bathroom thinking I could bring it up by bending over or holding arms up. Nothing worked. I took a sip of Water and OMG, that made it worse. I thought I was dying. Finally, it came back up and I got immediate relief. I hope I never go through another episode in my life!!!

I had the same thing to happen to me. I was eating fish and it became stuck. It wouldn't go down or come back up. It was so severe that my husband tried the hymulich maneuver and that still didn't work. I was having severe chest pains and severe hiccups. I tried taking little sips of Water and that was a bigger disaster. I did throw-up, but thru my nose. I tried sips of pineapple juice and that didn't work. After all of this time it finally moved and went down. I was in the bathroom for 1 hour and 15 minutes. I think this happen because the fish was dry.

OMG Lingra that is awful. I have found that this happens to me when I am VERY hungry and get in a hurry. I now prepare a Protein Drink just before I leave work which helps me slow down when I finally sit down to dinner and it seems to be helping. chicken seems to be my worse enemy lately and I love chicken. Dumb cluckers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches