Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Restarting after 2 years of slow weight gains

ate high calorie snack foods. did not go to apptments. put back on 65 lbs. just got a fill 5 days ago. doing it right this time.

Good plan! Sounds like you are on the right track, the band will be your tool to help you - you can do it! Keep us posted how your doing.

Tat that is fantastic! There is nothing wrong with “starting over”. My surgeon and I have decided that’s what we are going to do. I am going to keep regular appointments the his Nutritionist on staff and keep a food journal like your doing to show her.

Getting back on track is twice as hard as falling off is easy. Just keep in touch and let us know how you’re doing. There are so many tools out there, your biggest one being your band. You can do this!! J

tat858 - I love fitday! I've been using it for years. I really like to see my weight charts. When I get down and think I'm not doing that great, I can go to fitday and compare my weight for the past 12 months and it I can see I am making some changes.

Sounds like you are heading in the right direction for sure!

Thank you for being here. After weighing in September 30 @ 497lbs. and getting my fill I dropped to 484lbs. by october 21. I'm pretty stoked about the 13lbs. Fitday has helped show me Aveage of 1,400 cal 39% Protein and burning over 4000 calories a day.

This is only just the beginning, I just need to keep focused.

God Bless. Kevin

Thank you for being here. After weighing in September 30 @ 497lbs. and getting my fill I dropped to 484lbs. by october 21. I'm pretty stoked about the 13lbs. Fitday has helped show me Aveage of 1,400 cal 39% Protein and burning over 4000 calories a day.

This is only just the beginning, I just need to keep focused.

God Bless. Kevin

Just checking on you, how are you doing?

Your question could not have come at a better time. I have struggled durring and since my family and I got the flu bug. We are finally feeling much better. I am restarting up fitday after a month off. Got back to the gym for cardio and stretching. I have weighed in twice and have dropped from 497 to 472. the 25 lbs has been good since September 1. You are awesome. I hope you do well durring the holidays. God Bless. Kevin

Glad to hear Kevin. I've recommited myself as well to the lap band eating. I've been tracking my calories for the past few weeks, been going to the gym 6 days a week. I haven't weighed, but will on the 14th (2 week mark). I also took my measurements so I can see if I'm losing inches.

My clothes feel looser, and I feel better, so I think it is doing me some good.

Glad to hear you and your family are doing better with the horrible flu bug.

Hello to all my January 07 bandsters. It has now been 3 years since my banding, and I have been through it all!!! I am actually revisiting the possible malpractice suit I had tried to initiate on my original surgeon. He was a complete jerk, and really messed me up. I am now healthy, thank God. Kinda sorta at my 'goal' weight, hoovering around 152-155. Would really like to be closer to 147, but in time. The winters aren't good for me; I tend to eat more and be more lazy. Recently noticed that I have more tolerance and less restriction with certain foods, especially starches which I can barely eat. May be time for a fill, but it has been a year since my last one and with all I have been through the thought of being too restricted again makes me so nervous. Might try to channel some sort of discipline within myself. Maybe that will work.

I am so happy to see the popularity of banding, but disheartened that these insurance companies make it more and more difficult for deserving patients to benefit from this life saving practice.

I hope you are all well, and that the new year brings you much happiness!

Im starting all over again as of yesterday. I was assaulted at work in feb last year. I had had my band 12 months and had lost 110 pound. I needed to have it readjusted I was kicked so many times either the kicks or the swelling and pbing caused a slippage. I had that done in march '09. I had the first fill 3 weeks later and then the PTSD sunk in and depression and anxiety rising from the assault took over. I was 149kg and I am now back at 185kg. I was 202kg before banding.

I feel mentally better and refreshed and I have seen my doctor and had the fill and now I'm off after a few speed bumps the road looks nice and clear. Good luck to all of us who are starting over

xoxox

Wow Kygie I'm so sorry that has happened to you. You are a very strong lady for overcoming the depression that followed.

I wish you all the best!!!!!!!

oh I wish I was over it!! I am on the climb up however and I have a brilliant psychiatrist and psychologist that have been working with me since march last year. I think coming up to the first anniversary of the assault will be my final hurdle to real healing. I also think once my physical affects are gone I will feel much better. That includes the 30kg I have put on!!

I am glad to be back on here the support is so greatly needed xox