Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Less than a week to go

My name is Heidi and I am getting banded on October 16th. I am so very happy to finally be getting this done. It has been a long process and there were a few times where I just about gave up. I am so very ready to take this new step in my life. I am in nursing school and my teachers are using me as a learning experience. It is nice to be able to pass things on. Just wondering what is going to happen in the future. I guess only time will tell.:thumbup:

Congrats Heidi, I know how excited you must be! I just had my band placed yesturday and I'm doing great--actually participated in a walk for charity today! It sounds like we have a lot in common. I'm an ICU nurse and I've been telling everyone I work with about my band! How far along are you in school? What kind of nursing do you plan on doing?

Hi Heidi,

Congratulations on getting a date for your surg. Good Luck! October 16th will be gone before you know it, you will be banded and on with a new healthy life style!

I had the realize band placed on 10-07-2009 and doing fine :thumbup:

Good Luck!!

I am currently finish my LPN classes and than hopefully going to go on and become a nurse practioner. I love it so far. I love clinicals. I am glad that I will be able to go back to clinicals the week after surgery. I hate to be left behind. I graduated this spring but I took a leave of absence to get this stuff done with. Missing too much school for appointments hurt me. So I am back finishing up. I am very excited about this surgery. It will be a great tool and I look forward to sharing information with my class.

Congratulations to you! Good luck with your surgery, and let us know how everything goes!

Now that it is the week of surgery I am getting so nervous. I feel like running in the other direction. What to do

My surgery was scheduled for the 6th of October. I did the 2 day liquid diet and went to the hospital on the 6th. I was waiting to be rolled into the OR after having two people poking at both my arms to get the IV in - very painful! After the assisting surgeon listened to my breathing they decided to postpone it! I have asthma and it was really acting up because I didn't take my allergy medicine that morning due to the surgery.

My point is that I have never had surgery before and I was terrified. I couldn't sleep at all the night before. But now that I went through going to the hospital and almost going into that room - I realize it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I wasn't as scared as I thought I would be. So, next Tuesday I will go in there and do it all again!

This is a great thing that you are going to do, you will be fine! Keep us posted!

I sooo understand the nervousness! I have a week to go ( I get banded on the 19th) and I have also been wondering what I am doing! I know in my heart that this is the right decision for me, but the enormity of the whole situation is what scares me the most.

Hang in there - we are both going to be just fine!

We will all do good. I am just get more nervous and such because people keep asking me. Good thing 18 days and I have lost 20 pounds. I am on a 3 week liquid diet. I am nervous about the stupidest thing. I have had relationships as an obese person. I have been single for 2 years and I am scared that I am going to be alone. It isn't even surgery related. It is so silly.

I have an appt. Thurs. for my first consultation and will tell you that I am nervous as all get out! The idea of having something foreign in my body scares me, any complications scare me. Does anyone have any thoughts or words of encouragement? I'm sick of being a "big" girl but scared of the procedure.:thumbup:

You will be fine. I was nervous about going to my first appt too. That was a year ago. I am so glad that I went. I am getting banded on Friday. I am tired of being the big girl too. But I am not trying to become Barbie either. I love my hips and curves. It is scary to have a foreign body in you. But I think it is safer than rearranging your internal organs. If you need to talk, leave me a message. I would be happy to talk to you.

I'm no barbie and don't care to be either. My curves are what makes me, well, me. =) I have only considered the band. The other two procedures seem far to evasive for me. Good luck Friday! I look forward to hearing how everything goes and how you felt each step of the way.

Thanks for the good wishes. I will be on here as soon as I get back to my hotel room. I am excited. I hope things go well for you.

:thumbup: