Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tell me why you love your band.

I'm thinking about a band and I want to know why you love it or hate it. Thanks

Angie:smile2:

I love my band because for the first time in my life I can honestly say that I feel full after eating.

I hate my band because it prevents me from eating what I want ...example....warm fresh baked bread with butter....

I love my band because it prevents me from eating what I want ...example....warm fresh baked bread with butter. LOL...

I hate my band because it makes me feel so uncomfortable and painful when I get something stuck...

I love my band because it is a physical reminder that I shouldn't have tried eating what I just ate to make me get stuck...

I definitely have a love hate relationship with my band....I'm hoping once I have got the hang of it, It will be a mutual love relationship!!! :biggrin:

Angie:

I love my band because it has helped me go from size 26/28 to a size 12.

I love my band because I'm now an average-sized woman.

I love my band because my feet don't hurt anymore and they used to hurt all of the time.

I love my band because it has given me better self-esteem.

I love my band because I can still eat whatever I want, only a tiny bit, but I know that I still can have some of everything.

Best wishes to all on their band journeys. I love my band and my new flat tummy!

Sue

Hi Angie -

I love my band because it will help me live a better life. My goal is for my weight to be a non-issue anymore. I want to quit obsessing about it, feeling like I'm the fat one, hearing 'oh she has such a pretty face', and feeling like my weight has been the cause of so many reasons why I held back from doing the things I've wanted to do in my life.

My band also reminds me to eat like everyone should eat all the time. Consciously! Taking the time to eat, eating slowly, taking smaller bites, chewing well, and listening to your body when it's full. It also has dampened any cravings I have. For the most part, I don't really crave anything, but I try to stay away from sugar-laden, or refined carbohydrates. Not all the time, but as a rule.

My band allows me to enjoy the foods I want to eat, just in smaller portions and be satisfied. Some of the my inconveniences I've experienced are the gurgling in my throat, sliming when I don't pay attention to what my body is telling me to take it slow and chew well, and sometimes the feeling that I have a burp that just won't come out because there is food on top of it.

But I am willing to put up with the minor stuff if it means I will have a better quality of life and blend in to the rest of the universe. I want to concentrate on other things in my life besides my weight. And I don't want my weight to be my excuse for not doing the things I've always wanted to do.

I love my band because now I don't have to take Metformin, and my blood sugar levels are under control.

I love my band because it has helped me loose 56lbs, and drop from a size 24/26 to a 18/20.

I love my badn because it gave me the push I needed to exercise.

I love my band because I feel healthier than I have in a very long time.

I love my band because it helps me stay away from fast food 4-5 times a week.

I love my band because I don't get as hungry as I used to, and even have to remind myself to eat sometimes.

I hate my band because I can't eat cheeseburgers.

I hate my band because I can't enjoy a buffet the way I used to.

I hate my band because it makes it difficult to go out with friends for dinner, and drinks.

I hate my band because I worry about the things that may go wrong if I do something I shouldn't...like eat a cheeseburger.

I love my band because it replaces that button inside my brain that tells me I'm full so stop eating-my was defective! LOL So my band now tells me that.

I love my band for all the reasons posted above and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

I'm enjoying my life now more than I have in 20 yrs. because of my weight.

Was a 22 pants now a sz 4. Whoop!!!!

What's not to love, huh?

I love my band, because I will NEVER have to worry about weighing 400 lbs. I can walk up stairs. I dont feel deprived of food, because I can eat WHATEVER I want...just not as much as I used to.

I have mental issues when dieting about not being able to eat something...with the band I can eat it. Maybe only a bite of it but I can still eat it. If I want french fries I can have ONE...lol More if I REALLY work for it. But the one will usually kill the craving. So the band lets me live life and not worry about every bite that goes into my mouth.

I would do it all over again. lol only earlier lol

I absolutly LOVE my band.

I love my band because i am no longer the FATEST person in the room....

I love my band because it is helping me become the person I was. Happy, Healthy and full of self esteem.

I love my band because it is my helper and not my prison. My prison was when I wore a size 24.

I love my band because it has helped me not be ashamed to fly on an airplane and I get to pull the seat belt over and have a flap left.

I love my band because I am now in a size 14/16 soon to be even less and I got to buy jeans for the first time with belt loops, pockets on the butt and a zipper instead of elastic.

I love my band because I am finally out of my shell after all these years on the wall playing flower.