Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Disney World Vacation

We are wanting to take our 3 kids to Disney World either Summer 2010 or Thanksgiving/Christmas 2010. I have heard of people booking all inclusive trips and paying them out before you even get to DW. Have any of you done this? Can you suggest any places to book with? Any suggestions to make the trip fun but not cost us their college funds would be great. TIA!

We are wanting to take our 3 kids to Disney World either Summer 2010 or Thanksgiving/Christmas 2010. I have heard of people booking all inclusive trips and paying them out before you even get to DW. Have any of you done this? Can you suggest any places to book with? Any suggestions to make the trip fun but not cost us their college funds would be great. TIA!

I was planning a vacation once and over heard a girl doing that same thing.. So I would just call a local travel agent and ask them about it.

I did call 407-934-7639 & they let you pay so much down & then pay the rest before you go. Also Allears.net is a great website. Good luck.

Check your local travel agent for the pay before you option. But a couple of ideas on things to do:

1. The Nick Hotel was relatively inexpensive (they do offer a family suite which was nice) but the kids get to slimed at the pool and they have crazy contests at the pool. There is an art class where the kids can make stuff which you go out to dinner. Kids had a blast here. We checked in for two days which was the perfect amount of time i think.

2. Depending the age of the kids you should try and do a character Breakfast. This way you make sure they get to see the characters which can be tough in the park - espcially during peak season.

3. Disney has this thing call the Hoop De Doo Revue, which is like a western muscial with a bbq dinner. Again, the kids loved being encouraged to bang the metal plates and stomp thier feet at dinner.

Don't shy away from a Disney hotel because of the name. With this economy they are offering some great deals - take advantange if you can.

i have done this a few times and i found that going though amex is the best but you do have to have an account with them

We were considering the same thing, from Australia. Here its the norm to book DL or DW as an all expenses paid thing, accommodation, entrance, meals, rides etc. But I guess that's because for us its an OS holiday.

Strangely, our kids are ambivalent about it! We thought we'd better do it before they get too old (oldest is 14) and I think they'd rather go to Thailand. I'd definitely rather laze on a beach in Thailand and its heaps closer, and cheaper, so who knows?

I cant believe my little brats are so spoilt. We've never taken them overseas, I wouldnt have thought they'd turn their noses up at anything.

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com - Powered by vBulletin

Any question you would EVER need to know about the parks, resorts or anything Disney... right here. Warning, get a LARGE cup of coffee to have nearby before signing on~ Enjoy!:)

Heck yeah! It's the only way we do vacations. . .it's so easy, just call the travel agent. . .the nice thing is that by the time your ready to go, everything is paid already and you up and go! We do this with all overseas trips and it works wonderfully. . .

Right now is the BEST time to book a trip, they are offering really great deals - which include staying right in side the park resorts, tickets to the parks and meal plans! meal plans are GREAT for families!! I work for ESPN which is owned by Disney - I'm lucky I get really good perks. I'm actually going in to Oct - can't wait. We stay in the value resorts - and I love them. Cheap! The way I see it - you are never in your room. wdwinfo.com is a great site as well.

You really can book your own; if you need to pay an agent a fee, save it and invest it there! :thumbup:

Disney has GREAT deals and packages. (I worked for a travel agency for 20+ years and have been to Disneyland 3 times and Disney world about 8)

If you like to do things yourself, wouldn't mind reading a book about it, etc, then that is totally the way to go. Please PM me if you'd like me to share whatever with you. After the first time we always stayed on property and we've stayed at 4 different hotels on property, plus I've seen (at least from the outside) several others. I love the mouse and would be glad to share "good times to go" etc with you if you'd like! :smile2:

AND if you aren't a person who likes to nose around, get the deal, research, "know what you're in for" (in other words, not much of a control freak) then a good travel agent can book it for you.

The all inclusive packages that include meals may not be the best deal for you, depending on your family's eating patterns etc. :eek:

We're going Oct 2010 ourselves! :eek:

Being a central Florida resident and passholder, I can tell you - don't bother going in the summer! The lines are atrocious, its hotter than hell, and by the end of the day you'll feel like cattle. My family goes all the time during the holidays. Typically, you'll run into very few tourists, and you'll walk onto every ride. Bring a jacket, it can be chilly. Also the parks really do it up for the holidays, including special discounted night hours where they have snow on main street and free Cookies and hot chocolate!

There's a lot of other things to do in the area if you are looking to save money. Check out Downtown Disney/Marketplace for free shops and eats ( I also recommend staying in a hotel there by Lake Buena Vista - they are less expensive and are connected to the Disney bus lines). Disney has 2 Water parks on property, and theres Wet & Wild closer to Seaworld. Or you could take a drive down International Drive to see lots of kitch shops and some cool places like Ripleys. Then theres always Universal.

Another great way to save money is when you book your tickets, take advantage of the meal plan. It can get very pricey to eat in the parks!

Hope this helps. :biggrin:

I just got back. We went for 6 nights/7 days. Our package included 6 day park hopper passes plus the disney dining plan. If you intend on staying at a resort there the disney dining plan is a must!!!! We got 1 quick service meal per day (which I was able to share with my mom), 1 snack and 1 sit down dinner. Disney resorts have a ton of nice, expensive restaurants. We had character dining 3 nights while we were there. The best was eating at Ohannas which is located at the Polynesian Resort.

We stayed at Pop Century (really how long are you in your room for) and they bussed us everywhere. There were 8 of us going (2 rooms) and we paid $533 a person. Well worth it!!! We had an awesome time.

Jachut - Let me know if you plan to go to Thailand. I am from there and can tell you great places to go and some good deals too :)

Btw, we are leaving for Thailand on Nov 9th for a month. Most of my family + husband family have never seen our children. I am nervous to be on the plane that long with 3 boys ages 5 and under but excited to see my family and my husband family.