Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

14th day of clear liquids post op...

Some of these doctors go overboard!!!!! I did ZERO days of Clear liquids. I had full liquids then started mushies on day 8. I never got sick, belched, or had any issues. Make yourself a shake and enjoy it. You should NOT have had to go through that....

Not everyone will have issues (right away) if they do not follow doctor's orders. But it is still very important that we all do it anyway. The reason for Clear Liquids is to allow the stomach time to DO NOTHING while the tissue is healing/getting used to the band. In the long run, it helps the band stay in place.

I think none of us can say how long the clear liquids are really necessary -- my doc has me on clear liquids for 5 days -- then two days of full liquids, so that it isnt such a shock on the stomach to go from next to nothing to regular food again.

If weight loss was easy, none of us would be here. THe Lap-band will make it eas-ier, but not if we take advantage of it. I dont know about you, but I am a single mom on a really restricted budget. My family paid for this. I am not going to let them down by questioning doctors orders. I am not going to let my children down - they need their mom. And I am not going to let ME down. My kids are going to be grown before I know it and I deserve to have this time for me.

Its not a crime to report to your Dr Staff how you are feeling. I am sure that they don't what you to fall out or anything. Are you taking a vitiam supplment

ok, i'm hating this whole thing! I'm actually wishing I hadn't gotten this thing. I love food. Today is my third day post op on clear liquids. I want to eat everything I see. I can't imagine a life without food! How did you all get through this?

ok, i'm hating this whole thing! I'm actually wishing I hadn't gotten this thing. I love food. Today is my third day post op on clear liquids. I want to eat everything I see. I can't imagine a life without food! How did you all get through this?

One day at a time - seriously. Stay busy. I was banded on October 5. Mostly, I haven't wanted anything more. Coming home to sick kids, well, that was a diversion. I did the countdown.... day 5 is today. Today is the first I have wanted other foods. But I kept telling myself that I just have to have broth for one more meal... I can have cream of wheat in the morning and what a feast that is going to be!!

I also tried to meet whatever need I felt... hungry=broth. Real food=Jello. sweet -- or blood sugar control=juice.

And truth be told -- I am not sure about taking my food and putting it through a blender, so I am thinking that full liquids might even be preferable to pureed. :thumbup:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches