Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

holy cow! i am unfamilar with threads/blogs, and I found and registered for this site like 2 minutes ago! Who knew there were so many forums/blogs/threads, etc. Could someone please help me find a forum for my topic? I was banded 5 years ago-lost weight but have since regained almost all of it. I would like to "get back on the horse again." Any forum for that? Thanks so much for the help, I look forward to learning and making friends on here!

Hey ya'll!

I want to go see Despicable Me too! It looks really cute.

Motorcycles, pools, Chucky cheese and flashing people??!! Where have I been?

My meeting with my sibs and Dad went really well. I think my dad is going to be moving about 30 min. away from me (as opposed to about 4 hours) and my siblings live less than an hour away so I foresee many more meetings. We are a hodge podge of personalities but that is what makes it fun!

I am at work today testing a system that I think will eventually phase my job out. Fun!!

Have a good evening,

Angela

Tracy, I saw the Last Airbender also and enjoyed it, even though the acting wasn't that great. My son and brother, however, were fans of the Nickelodeon series and they hated the movie. Oh well, it entertained me.

Suzanne, it sounds like you enjoyed the outdoors a little too much. I hope it feels better soon.

mscpotts, I am not sure if there is a specific thread for that, but you can find support here. I posted a link to a thread that you may want to read and join, also.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f17/getting-back-track-113687/

Well, I have a new toy. An 8G Ipod Touch. My daughter bought her mac book yesterday and if you bought an I touch and a printer, you got a rebate back for each. It was the good kind of rebate that I filled out the paperwork on the computer there at the apple store so I don't NOT do it, which is what usually happens. So, basically, I got a $200 Ipod and my daughter got a $100 wireless computer free (except for the 9%tax) Not bad. I have been playing with it and adding old music (mostly 80s) to it since yesterday.

My stepdaughter is having her hysterectomy on Wednesday morning, so I am spending 5 days at her house in Mississippi to help take care of the grandkids. Poor thing. The doc found 2 tumors 4 weeks ago, and then when he rechecked last week because she was having severe cramps and passing clots, he found she now has 6. It kind of sent up a big warning sign, so he said she has to have it taken out. Hopefully when this is all over she will feel a lot better. I know it made a huge difference in me after I had mine last year.

Oh, and that means no internet for 5 DAYS!!! I don't think I have been without my internet for 5 days, well, since I got the internet about 15 years ago...:scared2: I have 4 James Patterson books to bring with me. Between that and the grandkids, I should survive....:smile:

We're home! Safe and Sound! And like Suzie....sunburned!!!!

Will check in later...or in the morning...need to go unload. Logged on to make sure our check hit the bank, we cashed soe stocks....and the check was supposed to be in Mon. It made it to our bank yesterday.....grrrrrr. BUT at least it finally made an appearance. Now I have to go swap it to a CD tomorrow.

BBL~~

Welcome, mscpotts! A lot of us are in the same boat, lost it/struggling to keep it off or lost it/gained some back or in my case, lost some of it and am now stuck. Take time to look around. You should find what you're looking for. You are also welcome to stick around here.

Angela, nothing like being the tester to for the thing that will eventually replace you! Who's dumb idea was that?!

Glad your meet-up with the new fam went well!

Tracy, how are your sinuses? Feel better soon!

Suzanne, OUCH!!!!! Not good!

Kat, glad y'all are home and safe. Did you have fun?

Cindy, best wishes to your daughter. How scary for her! I feel so much better and I'm not even 3 months out yet. I sure hope she feels the same! It's great that you can go down and help her out w/the kiddos. Good deal on your new toys! I love new toys!!!

Terri, I'll be thinking of you on Tuesday! Hugs and prayers!!

We went and saw Despicable Me today. Too cute! DD was totally getting in to it. Even commenting during the movie. She wanted to come home and watch it again. She doesn't get the theater/not on DVD thing yet. Depending on what's going on, if I get off in time, I might take her on Wednesday to see it again.

Got the dining room all arranged for Bunco Tuesday night. Still need to clean some but it's getting there.

Have a great night!

Morning all

Tracy - hope you feel better, we are all a mess here too

Kat - you are too funny, glad you had a great time!

Suzanne - my face is fried and blistered again too I am not sure what is going on with me, this is the 3rd time blistering this summer, and it is not like I'm not in the sun

Angela - I know I'm much calmer in life than when I met Kat and Tracy - I use to be the flasher.. lol

Cindy - will keep dsd in my thoughts, and no internet for 5 days. LOL... wait... you should get on your ipod touch!

Michelle - I'm so glad ds gets the movie thing, boy I remember how frustrating when they don't understand.

well, off to work

have a great day all!

Good morning girls.

Getting ready to head off to work.Then I'm not sure of what I'm going to do. Lots to do but just need to figure out what I want to do first.

Jenn, I wonder what is going on with the blisters. I have some of that Aloe gel with pain reliever in it so it really helped out last night.

Terri, I bet you must be really excited. I'm wishing you all th luck there is. You will never regret this decision. I love my band. It's just that I'm in need of a fill. Good Luck tomorrow.

Kat, glad to hear you had a great weekend.

Cindy, good luck with helping out your stepdaughter. I'm sure she is going to appreciate it. Sorry that you won't have internet, that does suck.

Michelle, Have fun playing Bunco tonight. I love to play that and wish I can join a group around here. We play a few times at church.

So many of you are seeing movies. Looks like I might have to get off my butt and go check some of them out. Only problem is the popcorn, lol.

Have a great day and stay cool where ever you are. Heat index is supposed to be 115 here, yikes.

Good morning everyone! Just popping in real quick to catch up and say hi. Trying to stay calm, hope I sleep tonight lol. Going to try and come back to work on Friday, it's just desk work and since I'm the boss (well DH "thinks" he is lol) I can leave anytime. I'll try to pop in Tuesday evening!

My little 10 year old next door neighbor is coming over soon. Next week she has been invited to go on a cruise with a friend and their parents and she called and wanted to know if I had any work that she could do so that she could get some money for her vacation. I'm getting my baseboards polished, lol. I've got about an hours worth of work for her. I ask hubby if he needed anything done and he said "I need my boots polished". OMG. We laughed but I told him that if he took the time to explain it to her that she would do it. I wonder what the other neighbors will be having her do. Too funny.

suzanne

that is funny, but nice a 10 year old is willing to work for the money... hard to find these days

I think i might be allergic to something, my eyes were swollen and purple but now that swelling is going down, seem to be dry Patches... anyone every have true hives knows what i'm talking about

i'm going to bed have a great night all

I am at work today testing a system that I think will eventually phase my job out. Fun!! Ugh, I remember you telling me about this. Talk about SUCKS! :lol:

Have a good evening,

Angela

Tracy, I saw the Last Airbender also and enjoyed it, even though the acting wasn't that great. My son and brother, however, were fans of the Nickelodeon series and they hated the movie. Oh well, it entertained me. My dd watches it on TV and she was really into it at the movies. I loved it!

Suzanne, it sounds like you enjoyed the outdoors a little too much. I hope it feels better soon.

mscpotts, I am not sure if there is a specific thread for that, but you can find support here. I posted a link to a thread that you may want to read and join, also.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f17/getting-back-track-113687/ Sounds like something I need to look at too! lol

Well, I have a new toy. An 8G Ipod Touch. My daughter bought her mac book yesterday and if you bought an I touch and a printer, you got a rebate back for each. It was the good kind of rebate that I filled out the paperwork on the computer there at the apple store so I don't NOT do it, which is what usually happens. So, basically, I got a $200 Ipod and my daughter got a $100 wireless computer free (except for the 9%tax) Not bad. I have been playing with it and adding old music (mostly 80s) to it since yesterday.

My stepdaughter is having her hysterectomy on Wednesday morning, so I am spending 5 days at her house in Mississippi to help take care of the grandkids. Poor thing. The doc found 2 tumors 4 weeks ago, and then when he rechecked last week because she was having severe cramps and passing clots, he found she now has 6. It kind of sent up a big warning sign, so he said she has to have it taken out. Hopefully when this is all over she will feel a lot better. I know it made a huge difference in me after I had mine last year. I hope she goes through it and feels better very soon!

Oh, and that means no internet for 5 DAYS!!! I don't think I have been without my internet for 5 days, well, since I got the internet about 15 years ago...:ohmy: I have 4 James Patterson books to bring with me. Which ones??? :biggrin: Between that and the grandkids, I should survive....:)

holy cow! i am unfamilar with threads/blogs, and I found and registered for this site like 2 minutes ago! Who knew there were so many forums/blogs/threads, etc. Could someone please help me find a forum for my topic? I was banded 5 years ago-lost weight but have since regained almost all of it. I would like to "get back on the horse again." Any forum for that? Thanks so much for the help, I look forward to learning and making friends on here!
Stick around...I have the same problem as you!
Welcome, mscpotts! A lot of us are in the same boat, lost it/struggling to keep it off or lost it/gained some back or in my case, lost some of it and am now stuck. Take time to look around. You should find what you're looking for. You are also welcome to stick around here.

Angela, nothing like being the tester to for the thing that will eventually replace you! Who's dumb idea was that?!

Glad your meet-up with the new fam went well!

Tracy, how are your sinuses? Feel better soon! Got a shot today!

Suzanne, OUCH!!!!! Not good!

Kat, glad y'all are home and safe. Did you have fun?

Cindy, best wishes to your daughter. How scary for her! I feel so much better and I'm not even 3 months out yet. I sure hope she feels the same! It's great that you can go down and help her out w/the kiddos. Good deal on your new toys! I love new toys!!!

Terri, I'll be thinking of you on Tuesday! Hugs and prayers!!

We went and saw Despicable Me today. Too cute! DD was totally getting in to it. Even commenting during the movie. She wanted to come home and watch it again. She doesn't get the theater/not on DVD thing yet. Depending on what's going on, if I get off in time, I might take her on Wednesday to see it again. I really wanna see it!!

Got the dining room all arranged for Bunco Tuesday night. Still need to clean some but it's getting there.

Have a great night!

Morning all

Tracy - hope you feel better, we are all a mess here too

Kat - you are too funny, glad you had a great time!

Suzanne - my face is fried and blistered again too I am not sure what is going on with me, this is the 3rd time blistering this summer, and it is not like I'm not in the sun

Angela - I know I'm much calmer in life than when I met Kat and Tracy - I use to be the flasher.. lol Don't let her fool you Angela-if there were enough vodka she would still do it! LOL :tt2:

Cindy - will keep dsd in my thoughts, and no internet for 5 days. LOL... wait... you should get on your ipod touch!

Michelle - I'm so glad ds gets the movie thing, boy I remember how frustrating when they don't understand.

well, off to work

have a great day all!

Good morning girls.

Getting ready to head off to work.Then I'm not sure of what I'm going to do. Lots to do but just need to figure out what I want to do first.

Jenn, I wonder what is going on with the blisters. I have some of that Aloe gel with pain reliever in it so it really helped out last night.

Terri, I bet you must be really excited. I'm wishing you all th luck there is. You will never regret this decision. I love my band. It's just that I'm in need of a fill. Good Luck tomorrow.

Kat, glad to hear you had a great weekend.

Cindy, good luck with helping out your stepdaughter. I'm sure she is going to appreciate it. Sorry that you won't have internet, that does suck.

Michelle, Have fun playing Bunco tonight. I love to play that and wish I can join a group around here. We play a few times at church.

So many of you are seeing movies. Looks like I might have to get off my butt and go check some of them out. Only problem is the popcorn, lol. I just add that in as a MEAL!! I love movie popcorn.

Have a great day and stay cool where ever you are. Heat index is supposed to be 115 here, yikes.

Good morning everyone! Just popping in real quick to catch up and say hi. Trying to stay calm, hope I sleep tonight lol. Going to try and come back to work on Friday, it's just desk work and since I'm the boss (well DH "thinks" he is lol) I can leave anytime. I'll try to pop in Tuesday evening!
I am SO excited for you!! Pop in as soon as you can!

KAT?? You said you would come back!1 :eek:

Oh poop....I gotta go. Quickly...I went to the dr today. This is my 3rd day off my antidepressants and I feel really good. Got a shot for my allergies so now I hope I wont be dizzy anymore. BYE.....

OH. MY. GOD!!!!!!!

Frickin' CALL me if there is a problem!!!!!!!!!

DD and I got home today to find a notice from animal control that our dogs are excessive barkers! puuuulllllleeeezzzzzzeeeee!!!!!!!

It's Dakota. And she only barks if there is stuff going on in the neighborhood. The other 2 don't bark much, if at all. Tho Reggie will bark at the deer. I'm so pissed! I have purposefully sat in the neighborhood so the dogs can't see me and have listened and there is not much barking going on. They flip out when we leave and come home and when someone comes in the driveway.

So I've got a call in to the officer who posted us so I can play nicey nice. We are working on getting a fence up on the other side of the house so I called the fence guy and asked if we could expedite this. He'll be here Wednesday afternoon to see what we need and when we can get in his schedule. But I also want to be able to tell that to the officer so she doesn't take the dogs or send us to court with tickets.

Dammit!! Just what I needed! UGH!!!

At least the neighbor on the side that the yard is going will tell us if there is a problem! We've actually asked him, even as recently as last week. He's outside all the time and he only hears Dakota once in awhile. I'll talk to him again to make sure and to emphasize to let us KNOW and we'll try to take care of it.

In the meantime, I don't know what I'm going to do. :)

Good Luck Terri, let us know when you are home.