Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Janie, I hope you do get to see The Lovely Bones because it is a really good film. I enjoyed it.

Pamela, What are you so allergic to? I hope you feel better soon.

Michelle, I am so sorry about your MIL, I can't imagine what you guys are going through...

Suzie, it sounds like a lot of fun with Gia, as to eyeliner.. I started wearing eyeliner (and only eyeliner) at 11, but it didn't last long. I just wanted to be pretty, I was the tall fat girl! :) To-date I don't wear any make up!!

Carson started daycare today, which means I found time to post! He's the oldest in the infant, he's the only one moving, the rest are 6m or less. He doesn't go to the next room until he's 1 year AND walking well. I hope he gets there soon, when we put him on the floor with the other 2, he just took their toys and 'nicely' tapped them on the head with them. They just stared at him. When we were leaving (while he was occupied) he turned and saw us and went "UH!" and started crawling fast out the door.. the director went and played with him and we left. I just called to check up she said 'the 11 month old?' I said yes, and she goes 'He was playing last time I looked, let me go check........ Yup, he's playing!'

So hopefully this will go well. Anytime I start getting anxiety or sad about it, I divert my attention. I don't want to worry about him or feel bad.

And my allergies are as bad as ever, I called them to make another appt, they cant get me in until June. I am going through a box of tissue a day, I take Zyrtec, Claritin, Benadryl and 2x Rx allergy meds every day and nothing helps. I asked if they could prescribe me something new in the mean time to try and she's like, we can't give you anything without seeing you.. I said, nothing has changed, my allergies are just like they were when you saw me the last 2 times!! She said she'd call me back after talking to the doc.

Edited by FairyFacade

Hey Violets~

Happy Hump Day! I feel sooo much better. I ended up having to leave work yesterday, my head was KILLING ME...so much so I was crying. I went to doc and got a blood pressure reading, which was wayyyy down. It was 130 over 92, so still elevated, but not enough to cause the headache. He thinks the headache is either from the shots I gave myself or the shots they gave me in the ER. I grabbed a couple of fish tacos and came home and went through EVERY PIECE OF CLOTHING I HAVE. If it didn't fit RIGHT THEN...I gave it to another "fluffy" friend of mine. Michelle and Haydee met Nikki!! Anywho...she left with 6 LARGE GARBAGE BAGS. I gave her about 25 pair of capri's/pants. Suits, sets, t's, you name it. Our new closet is smaller, about a 1/3 the size of our old...so PURGEPURGEPURGE!!! Felt good. I also went through tons of old crap...tax returns from my mom and grandpa, trusts, wills, deeds to propertys, etc. I found a check for over 10,000 that was NOT cashed and two life ins policys that I need to call on...haha! Doubt that this will "pay off" but how funny to find it now. We took two loads over to the new house too! Busy doesn't even begin to cut it. Came home at 7pm and graded papers until 9:20! We were up at 4:17 this am just laying in bed talking, lol!

OK...sorry for the book.

Laura, how was the man child last night. I hope he told you all about his new friends and that he had a wonderful day! Enjoy the breaks too...it is good to let him "do his thang" so mommy can do hers! xoox

pop in from work...

xoxoxo

Good morning, Violets..

I think I am on the road to recovery. Rehearsal was good last night and our concert is a week from Friday, so I should be over this cold totally by then.

Laura.. sorry about your allergies. That sound miserable!! Glad that Carson as a good day care. The interaction with kids will be great for him. That's the thing that Ethan is missing.

PamELa.. are you still going to give yourself more allergy shots??? That must have been scary. I need to go in my closet and start weeding out things again. Mine go to St. Vincent resale shop. When do you think you'll be all moved in the new house? Hope those checks and policies you found prove to be helpful.

Michelle... I've been thinking of you all the time and hoping you're doing ok. I know it's got to be awfully hard on you all. Hang in there, Sista. Know that we love you and keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Heather.. that was an interesting read about your foster child. YIKES!!

Haydee, Janie and Suzy.. hugs to you and everyone have a great day!!

Hello, I hear you about the allergies. I am tired of sneezing, blowing my nose, watery eyes, etc..... I take zrytec and flonase.

I have been thinking of you Michelle and hoping everything is going alright, and no unexpected bumps!!!

Glad you are feeling better Judy!! How is Jen doing?

Well Haydee how long till your fantastic trip? I know it is just a matter of days, but not sure when, I am sooo jealous, but very happy for you that you can slip away in one of your most hectic time of your life!!!

Hey Pamela, can you come over to my house and help me purge?????? I know you are kind of busy right now, so maybe in the summer? Please????

Today I have had coffee for Breakfast and nothing else, for some reason that usually indicates that it might not be a good eating day. Sometimes I think I am too tight and the moment I set my mind to get a wee unfill, I can eat alot again. I think I just have a fickle band.

Laura, it is great that daycare went so smoothly the first day. He must be ready and doesn't have too much of a problem with separation anxiety. It sounds like you are pretty lucky in that regard.

I am having babysitting woes at the moment and I am really sad about it. My good friends mother-in-law came last August and has been keeping both Ayla and her grandchild ever since. It has been the perfect setup regarding care provided, proximity and affordability. Ayla is happy there and she loves the three year old that is there with her every day. They are definitely buds at this point. Even better, they don't speak English in the household and it was allways my intention to keep Ayla in a non-English speaking household if at all possible.

Anyways, the babysitter has a 10 year tourist visa and requested an extension to stay until May (you must return to your home country every six months to stay in compliance) and they denied her. She could appeal it which would extend her stay just by waiting for the decision but doesn't want to do that because she wants to be able to come and go freely on good terms with the government.

So I found this out on Tuesday . . . she is leaving on Sunday. Ayla has no idea that her life is changing next week. On the good side, she will remain with the other child that she has been with since she was two months old in a loving non-English speaking household but there will be another child there, a small girl who is about to turn two, so that will change the dynamic slightly.

I was questioning myself about why I am so upset about this change last night and I think it is mostly because I am happy and comfortable with the way things are now. Eventhough the new place is a happy, healthy and safe environment . . . it is new with different people. Also her current babysitter treats her like her long lost grandaughter and heaps tons of affection and attention on her. She is like a strong member of our family and we are all very sad she is going.

So my sadness gives me a strong desire to bury myself with a tear-jerker of a film and plenty of moose tracks ice cream but I decided that I am not going to do this.

I honestly feel weepy over the situation. Do any of you ever feel lost and really sad like this when life is changing - even if it is not a bad change but just a difference in the way you do things?

Hey girls...

1st chance I've had to check in. Only have a sec.

Spent Mon @ the hospital... wow... so difficult to see her like that.

Amazingly, they discharged her yesterday! So she's home now. Still oh so very very weak and is on so many meds... can't even explain it. The visiting nurse is coming today, & we go to the oncologist tomorrow. She can barely walk, so this will be interesting. We literally had to carry her into the house yesterday.

I'll be here 'til lunchtime-ish tomorrow, then BIL's wife will arrive some time tomorrow to stay through Sat or Sun... I think it's important & necessary to have someone here 24/7 for awhile, 'til she gains some strength back & they get a routine going. FIL is very good w/her, but can be forgetful. This morning she rang her bell and he rushed out of the kitchen, leaving a pot of Water on the burner that was turned on "High"... he didn't return for 45 mins. If I hadn't been there, what would've happened?? So the new mantra is: If he leaves the kitchen, even for a second, then he must turn off the burners. Will see how that works.

Tomorrow we'll get the oncologist info... the results from the biopsy & the proposed treatment plan. She's no where near ready to begin those yet, still too too weak. It doesn't seem fair to get her stronger only to zap her w/chemo & radiation & make her feel like crap again. Ugh.

Will post again once I'm home... altho I get home & dh leaves for his work annual conference for a week, so I'll be solo & busy... what a year!

Love you all!!!

Edited by mdrai

Michelle~ so sorry to hear this. I can totally relate. Who will be w/ the crew after Sun? Perhaps you need a CNA coming by 12 hours a day to cook, clean, help w/ bathing needs, shop, etc. I am not sure if it will "get better" and your FIL is dealing w/ alot.

Heather, I understand about change...it can emotionally draining. Is Ayla learning Turkish? When you register her for school PLEASE do not mark that you speak any other language in the home besides English. No matter what state she is in, she will be labeled (in the office/teacher only) as an English Language Learner. It is HARD to get "out" of that program. I love that she will be bilingual when she is 5!

Laura, how is day two? Is he w/ you or at school today? Take pix of his "class".

Haydee, have fun honey...you deserve it!

Judy, glad to hear you are on the mend. I am having bad allergies now. I am NOT taking those shots again. I called yesterday and she said, "oooo, we need to dilute it!" I said, "no, you ALREADY diluted it...I am not taking them again. I had to go to the ER and miss a day of work from this!!!" I am really hella pissed...and am having bad allergies to boot.

We will be sleeping in the house Sat. night!!! Taking the TV over on Friday to have the cable hooked up. aaaaahhhh...can't wait for this to be over. My poor sweetie is home packing now, and I am at work. She took off T-F to get it done...I am lucky be sad I can't help her. The saga continues.

Janie, I literally touched every piece of clothing I own (cept the bra/pantie drawer). IF IT DIDN'T FIT YESTERDAY...IT LEFT. I really felt good and as much as I am a "work in progress" w/ my weight...it feels good to own who I am today; wear clothes that fit today, and look forward to shopping should I suddenly drop that 50 pounds.

xoxoxo

I still have some of my favorite clothes packed away from sizes 20 to 12 that don't fit. I think I kept them because there is always a thought in the back of my mind that, like previous diets, I might fit them again one day.

I feel a purge coming on, lol. I am envious of how you must be feeling after lightening the load which is one of the best things about moving.

I would never tell the school she is bilingual . . . it doesn't have any relevance. I want her in the same or maybe even more advanced English courses depending on her level as all of the other students, not ESL equivalent courses.

Hello........................

Heather, it is easy to be overwhelmed at time by the littlest things. I find that I am better handling the big things, but fall apart with a lot of little things.

Well I had a foil cancel tonight. Early night for me. Have a good one!!

Hey girls~

We made 220 bucks on a preview garage sale tonight. They have this little shop and buy tons of stuff...we've sold to them before. So happy to have some of the stuff gone. they will come back on the 2nd too...

yeah...goodnight

OOOO sorry to hear this Michelle. Sending your family positive energy, healing energy and so much love to you!!! Stay close and say EVERYTHING you want to say to her.

lovelovelove you sweetie!

We made 220 bucks in our pjs last night. Called this company that buys tons of old jewlery (costume, etc), collectibles, misc this and that. Susanne sold her old uniforms and we are lightening our load!!! Got my grades posted too...moving in the right direction!

Today, a carpenter is coming to shorten our table legs and chairs. We bought one of those tall dinning room tables and it interrupts the flow in the new house. So for 200 bucks, we are getting it shortened. $ in and $ out!!!

busybusy on this end.

pop in from work

Good morning, Violets..

I was up at 6 this morning with my mind racing and my nose running, so I got up, took a nasal decongestant, got on the computer for a little bit and then went back to bed and slept for another 2 hours.

I'm ready to face the day today. I have a hair appointment at 12:45, friends coming at 6 for a wedding planning appointment with Bob and then Wind Song rehearsal at 6:30. I need to get the house spic and span in between things.

Michelle.....so sorry to hear things are not going well. Keeping you and the family in my prayers today.