Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

LOL JUDY!!!! We put the poison control number in both our cell phones, and I gave the magnet to my mom.. she said "Hopefully it won't be on my watch".. but in this pamphlet they give you it said one of the top risks for babies is poisoning at the granparents' house. You're a statistic!! Glad it was ok though!

I meant to say that too Michelle, the hat was cute!!

Judy, that is horrible, but kind of funny!!

I was over at a friends house once and their little girl and friend were 'playing' and pretended that the air freshner thingy that looks like a perfume and works like a perfume bottle, was real perfume and it squirted in her eyes and mouth!! We had to call the poison control center then, and they were really nice, they even called back several times because Amber was SCREAMING and they were worried about her. Very nice people.

I went to the new Dr. today and he seems nice, I didn't feel like a number on the road to being thin. Not that my old Dr. made me feel like that, but the support staff did. I go back to him the 3rd of March and then he sees me every two weeks for a while. He says my insurance will pay for it, I am still ye of little faith. He gave me something medical that I made two shakes with a day. He is going to look over some of my tests and then decide. I feel pretty good about it. Just wish I wasn't in this predicament.

I am rambling, sorry!!

Haydee I hope this week is a much better week for you!

Pamela, I don't think you would be human if you didn't have freak out times.

My Dr. today told me about somebody that was kicked off a Southwest Airline plane because he was too heavy. He was somebody from Hollywood. Makes we worry........

Jane... the fact that you are still trying to get out the predicament is GOOD!! Don't ever give up. We are here for you and I'm hoping for good things from this doctor. Glad your insurance pays for it all. And really glad that you will be seeing someone in person every couple of weeks. I'm sure this will be a good motivation for you.

The lady from the Poison Control Center called back this evening to check on Ethan. He was just fine, thank goodness!!

And Laura, I agree with Janie... you need to have a happy picture of Carson!! He's just so darn cute when he's happy.

Going to watch some more of the Olympics and then head to bed to read a bit more on my book. Tomorrow Ethan comes at 11, I have a luncheon at noon and then rehearsal at 7. Another relaxing day!!

Everyone have a good evening. sleep well.

Forgot to mention. I made sopapilla cheesecake for Bob today. I was telling him how much the Violets loved it, but to tell you the truth guys, it really wasn't one of my favorites. HOWEVER...I used the recipe from allrecipies.com and it called for 3 (8 oz.) containers of cream cheese and one egg. All the rest of the ingredients were the same. OMG!! it was awesome. We each had a piece and I'm taking the rest to the luncheon tomorrow. After tomorrow, it's buh bye sweets!!

Judy, in a perfect world my insurance would pay for it!!!.....

Maybe when I start doing the moguls! Actually he said that they way he codes it, it won't be a problem, I hope he is right. But either way, my deductible is $2500, so I would be paying for it regardless!! All that plus $669 per month! What a bargain!!!!!!

Allrecipes.com is a great place!! I am not a big fan of cheesecake, so it is not my favorite either. I was at a bakery Saturday and was getting a little cake to take over to my parents and saw this little cake with strawberries and asked what it was and she said cheesecake, I said yuck, and she said the was the first time she has ever had any say no to cheesecake!!

Have a good night everyone!!!!!!!

In case any of you have been wondering... the people at the Poison Control center are very nice.

How do I know that, you ask?? Ethan was said he had to go pee so of course I congratulated him. He headed for the bathroom and was in there for quite a while. When I went in to check on him he had brushed his teeth... with Hydrocordisone-plus cream!!! He had an awful look on his face. I called the center and they said there shouldn't be a problem.. just keep him hydrated. He seems to be fine. I showed him where his toothpaste was and he said... "oh". It's fun being a Gramma!!! At least he won't itch on the inside of his mouth..

Oh my! They're little, but they're quick! & quiet! Oh dear!

I went to the new Dr. today and he seems nice, I didn't feel like a number on the road to being thin. Not that my old Dr. made me feel like that, but the support staff did. I go back to him the 3rd of March and then he sees me every two weeks for a while. He says my insurance will pay for it, I am still ye of little faith. He gave me something medical that I made two shakes with a day. He is going to look over some of my tests and then decide. I feel pretty good about it. Just wish I wasn't in this predicament.

Ditto what Judy said, Janie. It's great that you've found this new doc and he's working with you and helping you to succeed. You go girl!

We applied for Individual Blue from BCBS to be covered outside of a company policy. They automatically denied me because I am 10lb too heavy. How funny is that, if I keep up with this dieting I will lose that 10lb within a month. They said I can re-apply then. But by then we have to make a decision. Life can be so..funny. Russ is like, well if you keep eating well AND work out, you could do it in a couple weeks! Yeah.. and if I was 5'4 I'd be short!

Insurance just sux. But that is funny about the 10lbs & Russ's comment!

You seem to be doing great w/your renewed commitment! KUTGW!

Newflash of the day: MO POOPED!

You're all so kind to put up w/me & my constipated cat saga, so I won't go into all the multi-sensory details that the vet required, but suffice it to say that at the 11th hour, he did it. Not a lot, but just enough to get himself out of going back to the vet (and very likely the big pink needle of death). DH was clear that that was the remaining option if his system was no longer functioning. And I wonder why I've been on edge lately? Between that, historic snow totals, and kids who have been home half the month??

Good morning, Violets..

Woke up to 3 inches of new snow this morning. Looks pretty out and I'm not complaining because we have not been dumped on like Michelle's neck of the woods.

Michelle... let's hope Mo doesn't give up pooping for Lent!!! Glad to hear he's functioning on his own. Do your kids have to make up the missed school days at the end of the year??

I'm taking the sopapilla cheesecake to the luncheon today. Someone else is bringing brownies so I hope I don't have any leftovers to bring home.. Guess I could just leave them there.. cept Bob would be disappointed. He really loves that stuff. He can have it today, but tomorrow it's a no no.

Ethan comes at 11:30 today. I think I'll help him brush his teeth today. Don't want any repeats of yesterday!

Off to balance my checkbook and get ready for the boy. Everyone have a great day...

OH... almost forgot. I dreamed we bought a new house and Bob and I were sitting down, he with his coffee cup, me with my juice and marveling at the house. Not sure where it was located, just that there was a little snow, but mostly warm year round. As we were sitting there, it suddenly dawned on me that we had not signed any papers.. didn't know how much the house cost.. none of the details. Bob said he could figure it out.. came out to $200,000. Then it dawned on me that we had to make payments!! And insurance!!! And utilities!!! And we didn't have the money for it. I said.. "Well, we can sell the cottage..... wait, we already did!". That's when I woke up. Soooooooooo, thank you very much, PamELa!! :biggrin:

Laura, I am now soo jealous of your Flip videos . . . I just have to get one. I loved the videos of Carson on Youtube. I also loved the 'bama accents, lol. How is the liquid diet going? I feel like I am ready for that myself.

Michelle, I really feel your pain about Mo. The poor thing. I really hope the new medication works. I have never been so happy to hear that Mo pooped.

Your house is definitely adorable and post-card material indeed with all the snow. Perhaps I should learn to knit this year. The hat was absolutely adorable. I can crochet anything but just never learned to knit.

Janie, I really love black with white dots, it is so cute, especially when you accessorize it with a splash of color. Hang in there with the banding thing. Not one of us doesn't struggle with this and we have all been there. As Judy said, we all just keep on keeping on and that is the best we can do. We are always here for you, no matter what.

Pam, I can't believe the house that you are buying. It is unbelievably luxurious and you are lucky ladies indeed.

Judy, I liked the time-lapse snow video. It really puts it in perspective. :0) Did you ask Ethan how the hydrocortisone cream tasted? It had to be awful. I am happy he is OK.

I also saw that allrecipes version with 3 containers of cream cheese and was wondering if that was a mistake. I guess it must have been good, I’ll try that version at the next dinner party. I have to admit that although the sopapilla cheesecake is one of the easiest, fastest recipe’s in the world, everyone raves over it.

Suzanne, Happy belated birthday . . . I hope you had a marvelous time. I love Japanese too. I did Curves for a while but moved on to a real gym. I found that it wasn’t intensive enough by any means.

Haydee, It sounds like you survived a really awful week, hopefully it will be better this week.

Ayla just cut her first tooth last week. I thought she had been teething for the last four months . . . either she was teething forever or something else made her cranky, lol. At this rate, she will have all of 3 teeth by her second birthday.

liquid diet went well, I migrated into food, but I am keeping religious track of food on myplate and staying under 2k calories a day and back to losing. Just need to keep up the momentum.

As for Ayla's teeth, from everything I looked up and heard, babies vary SO much on teeth.

A friend of mine, her baby had almost all of his teeth by 1 year, and then I read some babies have 1... or even NONE by 1st birthday.

Carson cut his bottom 2 around Sept-Oct.. And then Jan. 1 he cut one top tooth, and he just cut his 2nd top tooth this past week.

He has been chewing on his hand a lot (in the back of his mouth), so I wonder if he's cutting more in the back. He won't let me get in there to look, so it'll just be a surprise! His top 2 teeth have a big space between them and one is angled. My mom said as he gets more it pushes them together, but I had braces for 5 years, and had a huge gap in the front with both top teeth pointing away from each other (permanent teeth).. so I won't be surprised if he has to have braces one day!

Jane let us know how the doc goes, I hope he helps!!

YAY MO for the poopie!!

I hate days like today in my job, we had a 10k job, that is 3 days late--not our fault, due to snow, we had to send it to Memphis for binding, and they had a lot of snow and blah blah. So we got 20 samples today because our customer HAS to have 20 for a meeting tomorrow morning.

I am looking at my sample, it's trimmed WRONG!! This is an expensive job to have trim lines on it.. wtf?! And production's answer is... 'let's see if they notice'. SIGH.

That is not the answer, and that's a great way for me not to get any more work from this customer. What can I do??

Edited by FairyFacade