Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tummy tuck questions

Hi folks. I am scheduled for a Tummy Tuck on Sept. 9th and have some questions/concerns for those of you who've been there. I have the usual lower tummy panni, and have an equally large roll over the waist that kind of drapes over my belly button. I am having a full abdominoplasty with muscle repair.

I am worried that I will still have the upper roll . . . I know some people have had "anchor" tummy tucks, but the PS didn't mention that. Is it possible for a standard tummy tuck to get rid of the upper roll too? Does anyone know?

Also, I am having a breast lift. I have decided NOT to get implants. My mother is currently battling breast cancer and I don't want to do anything that could possibly delay diagnosis of breast cancer in any way. However, I am only a full C cup right now, and worry that I'll be pretty small after the lift. Has anyone else had a lift without implants?? Would you be willing to share pics?

Thanks in advance for any info.

hi. i have yet to have my Tummy Tuck but have been to several consultations. the second doctor i went to really impressed me the most. he did mentino that there is the potential for "dog-ears" if the incision didnt extend long enough. he did say that it was something he fixed and waived his fee. but there was still the fee of the anestheologists (sp??).

i see you are in salt lake. do you mind me asking who you are going to? i consults w/ a doctor in odgen and one in park city. the second has an office in slc and park city.

best of luck!

I'm anxious to hear what you get for responses. I don't have really large pannus, but I have more stomach weight above the belly button, too. I won't need to have muscles tightened as I've never had children. But, like you, I'm worried about the appearance of my breasts after having my tummy done. I went to a seminar with a PS who mentioned the possibility of using fat from other areas to supplement the breasts. Might this be a viable option for you? He said it's safer to use your own fat than to use foreign bodies for the augmentation......

Keep me posted!!! I'll be entirely self pay as I don't have "enough" excess skin/fat to consider it medically necessary....but I'm still very interested. In the meantime, I'm saving my nickels!!

I have had a lbl in Jan 09 and I had never had children, however the dr did muscle repair. I was thinking that I would'nt need it due to not having children but when you gain and lose weight you stretch your muscles. I am happy with my results but it was quite a recovery. I was on pain meds for 10 days and didn't sleep in my bed until week 3. I am going to have a breast lift in 2010 and I am currenlty a 42d but I will opt for implants due to everyone that had surgery regretted not having implants after the lift. The lift not only makes them smaller but it doesnt help the fullness. Hope all this helps ask any questions and I will try to answer them.

Hi folks. I am scheduled for a Tummy Tuck on Sept. 9th and have some questions/concerns for those of you who've been there. I have the usual lower tummy panni, and have an equally large roll over the waist that kind of drapes over my belly button. I am having a full abdominoplasty with muscle repair.

I am worried that I will still have the upper roll . . . I know some people have had "anchor" tummy tucks, but the PS didn't mention that. Is it possible for a standard tummy tuck to get rid of the upper roll too? Does anyone know?

Also, I am having a breast lift. I have decided NOT to get implants. My mother is currently battling breast cancer and I don't want to do anything that could possibly delay diagnosis of breast cancer in any way. However, I am only a full C cup right now, and worry that I'll be pretty small after the lift. Has anyone else had a lift without implants?? Would you be willing to share pics?

Thanks in advance for any info.

I just noticed that you're 7 years post-op! HOW encouraging!!! I've never seen anyone on here who is that far out from surgery. I'm excited to see you've kept it off and find it really reassuring!! Thanks!

hi. i have yet to have my Tummy Tuck but have been to several consultations. the second doctor i went to really impressed me the most. he did mentino that there is the potential for "dog-ears" if the incision didnt extend long enough. he did say that it was something he fixed and waived his fee. but there was still the fee of the anestheologists (sp??).

i see you are in salt lake. do you mind me asking who you are going to? i consults w/ a doctor in odgen and one in park city. the second has an office in slc and park city.

best of luck!

I am going to Dr. Chick in Salt Lake.

I'm anxious to hear what you get for responses. I don't have really large pannus, but I have more stomach weight above the belly button, too. I won't need to have muscles tightened as I've never had children. But, like you, I'm worried about the appearance of my breasts after having my tummy done. I went to a seminar with a PS who mentioned the possibility of using fat from other areas to supplement the breasts. Might this be a viable option for you? He said it's safer to use your own fat than to use foreign bodies for the augmentation......

Keep me posted!!! I'll be entirely self pay as I don't have "enough" excess skin/fat to consider it medically necessary....but I'm still very interested. In the meantime, I'm saving my nickels!!

Hmmm, I will need to check into the augmentation with your own fat. I am seriously considering holding off on the breast lift for now. I am really have second thoughts about it. I know that the Tummy Tuck will make a world of difference, but I'm not sure at this point if the breast lift with no augmentation is really worth doing.

I had my TT 6 weeks ago today. When I first went to talk to my PS we discussed a possible "anchor" incesion due to the large overhang that I had. He wanted to keep that option open, and I gave him full freedom. I did not need it in the end. During surgery he said that it went together great and he was happy with the results. I am too, thrilled really. I would just talk it over with your PS. Trust is a big thing.

If you want you can see how mine turned out:

password: OMGnoflab

http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/viewAlbum.php?albumid=9792

Good luck, you will love your new flat tummy.

Laura

I had my TT 6 weeks ago today. When I first went to talk to my PS we discussed a possible "anchor" incesion due to the large overhang that I had. He wanted to keep that option open, and I gave him full freedom. I did not need it in the end. During surgery he said that it went together great and he was happy with the results. I am too, thrilled really. I would just talk it over with your PS. Trust is a big thing.

If you want you can see how mine turned out:

password: OMGnoflab

http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/viewAlbum.php?albumid=9792

Good luck, you will love your new flat tummy.

Laura

Laura, thank you SO MUCH for the reply and a link to your photos. My tummy looks almost exactly like yours did before your surgery, and you look absolutely fantastic now. Wow, I am so excited now. This is fantastic. Congratulations!!!

Wow, Laura! No swelling after 12 days, either! Your pics are great. Thanks for sharing. Were you at goal when you had your surgery? I'm currently 205 and 5'10". My surgeon keeps telling me I should see the plastic surgeon now. I feel like I should wait til I've lost another 20 or so.....we've never discussed a "goal", so I don't know what his goal is for me. I just know my BMI won't be normal until I'm at 173. So I'm not sure what to think. I worry because I'll be self pay and wonder at what point I'll be happy. You have great thighs, so that doesn't seem to be an issue for you. I'm worried if I do just my abdomen, it'll make the rest of me look bad and I'll want to go back and do more....when I should be investing in buying a house and planning for my future!

Thanks for your sweet comments.

I was not at goal when I had my TT. I still have 5lbs to go. Thanks for the thight comment, LOL, I guess I was lucky I carried most all of my weight in my belly. (if you can call that lucky) The first time I saw a PS I still had about 20lbs to go. It does not hurt to go talk to them. It als helped me get more motivated.

Take care all,

Laura

Thanks for your sweet comments.

I was not at goal when I had my TT. I still have 5lbs to go. Thanks for the thight comment, LOL, I guess I was lucky I carried most all of my weight in my belly. (if you can call that lucky) The first time I saw a PS I still had about 20lbs to go. It does not hurt to go talk to them. It als helped me get more motivated.

Take care all,

Laura

Hi Laura. I just went back and read through your thread about your TT adventure. It was very helpful and I'm sure I will be referring to it often.

I am not at goal . . . I have another 15 lbs to go (I have revised my goal to 150 instead of 140 . . . I think I was being a bit unrealistic at first :thumbup:). Anyhoo, I figure I'll probably have about 5 pounds of skin removed as well, so that will put me about 10 lbs from goal. It probably would have been better to wait a bit longer, but this was the most convenient time schedule-wise.

I'm so excited!!!! Less than two weeks now! BTW, I am not having the breast lift at this time. I am still really unsure about doing it at all, and have decided to wait.

I just noticed that you're 7 years post-op! HOW encouraging!!! I've never seen anyone on here who is that far out from surgery. I'm excited to see you've kept it off and find it really reassuring!! Thanks!

Wow, I was having a hard time figuring out why you thought I was 7 years out . . . then I realized it's cuz my surgery date says 07/02. It was actually 07/02/08 . . . so it's only been a year! LOL!! But hopefully in 7 years my weight will still be down!