Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First fill and I'm depressed!!

Okay, so I had my surgery July 16th, and up until my first fill I was excited. I went in for my first fill August 13th...I discussed with the nurse everything I was feeling and experiencing. I started with 3cc in my band on surgery day. She added 2cc. I sat up, drank some Water and it sat there and would not go down. So she not only took out the 2cc she had just added, she also took out an additional 1/2cc. So I feel like I have just gone backward...;)( I'm scheduled to go back in 2 weeks, but now I'm scared. What if this is all for nothing????

Has this happened to ANYONE else? The FIRST fill???? ugh

Okay, so I had my surgery July 16th, and up until my first fill I was excited. I went in for my first fill August 13th...I discussed with the nurse everything I was feeling and experiencing. I started with 3cc in my band on surgery day. She added 2cc. I sat up, drank some Water and it sat there and would not go down. So she not only took out the 2cc she had just added, she also took out an additional 1/2cc. So I feel like I have just gone backward...;)( I'm scheduled to go back in 2 weeks, but now I'm scared. What if this is all for nothing????

Has this happened to ANYONE else? The FIRST fill???? ugh

Well dont get depressed. It doesnt make any sense to me, but did you ask why?

It will take several fills before you feel a difference, but you will get there and this wasnt all for nothing. It is HARD during this period where you are playing the waiting game. Just hang in there, make more good choices than bad, drink Water, get your Protein, move...

You can do this!

Don't get depressed. I am sure she is being very cautious and making sure you do not have any problems particularly since you have just had surgery. I was banded on 06-17 and did not have my first fill until 08-04 so it was quite awhile and it does get frustrating but better to be careful than to have regrets. Good Luck!

I had my first fill about a month ago and the same thing happened to me. During my second fill, she was able to add 1 cc without any complications. In fact, I'm still not feeling any restriction which stinks but I can only hope this thing will start working soon. Ok, I lied, I can still eat a lot but sometimes, certain foods (bread, brocoli, etc) don't go down. So there must be some increase in restriction. I emphathize, let's just hope this starts working.

Thanks guys, for you encouragment. I really need it!! I just get paranoid. Plus, I really really want the weight loss to kick in to high gear.

I think I went from understanding this thing, to it becoming a complete mystery! ugh

Thanks guys, for you encouragment. I really need it!! I just get paranoid. Plus, I really really want the weight loss to kick in to high gear.

I think I went from understanding this thing, to it becoming a complete mystery! ugh

It is always a mystery! One day is grand the next is not! :sad: You will get through it and finally hit restriction. I had to have 6 fills before I really got there. Sounds like the doc is looking after your health and welfare, which is great.

I know it is disappointing when things don't go the way we have planned. Be patient, it will happen!

Don't get depressed! A lot of docs don't even fill the band during surgery, so you're still ahead of the times :sad:

Edited by Unforgettable
typo

Seems a bit ridiculous that she would take out all of what she put in and some of what was already in from surgery!!! Your first fill wasn't a fluro fill??? I wouldn't be depressed, I would be furious and would certainly be asking questions. I hope you get the answers you need to remedy this issue.

I just noticed, we have the same Dr. How was your experience? I love Dr C and his staff.

Don't get depressed! A lot of docs don't even fill the band during surgery, so you're still ahead of the times :sad:

I started this journey with my 6 month supervised back in September. My experience has been amazing, I honestly have had no complaints! Dr C is awesome, his NPs are great and his staff is so knowledgeable and helpful. I love that most of the office is banded.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by you started this journey with your 6 month supervised back in September but it appears you just had surgery this summer. Please explain? Thx.

I started this journey with my 6 month supervised back in September. My experience has been amazing, I honestly have had no complaints! Dr C is awesome, his NPs are great and his staff is so knowledgeable and helpful. I love that most of the office is banded.

I went to my seminar and started the 6 month supervised back in September. My insurance changed its mine twice about whether it would be required or not which delayed thigns. I got approved in April, was going to get scheduled for May or June but between already scheduled trips and unable to get off of work, I decided to pick a July date. And here I am :sad:

Gotcha! I was a self pay so I was oblivious to this process. Welcome to bandland.

I went to my seminar and started the 6 month supervised back in September. My insurance changed its mine twice about whether it would be required or not which delayed thigns. I got approved in April, was going to get scheduled for May or June but between already scheduled trips and unable to get off of work, I decided to pick a July date. And here I am :sad:

Thanks! It was a pain in the ass to jump through insurance hoops but definitely worth it.