Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! eating like there is no tomarrow

Help, this is just crazy. I am eating everything I can get my hands on. I got my date and it is a little over a month away and I must have nerves and I am eating like crazy. Has anyone esle had this problem? I just have this mind set that I need to eat at all of my favorite restrants because I won't be able to after the band. Any words of advice??

I think a lot if not most of us did this! I'm sorry! I can't give you any advice! I did it too. Just remember that any weight you may put on pre-band is just that much more you'll have to get off after. I gained almost 30lbs in 2 months before I had my surgery. Good luck to you! Congrats on your band date!

I definately did this. Every meal was like my last meal. Dont feel bad. But keep in mind that just because you have the band doesnt mean you cant eat there anymore. You can just smaller portions and you may have to cut the bread out or something....take it easy to you dont have more to lose...

i asked my counselor what was wrong with me. She laughed and said you are NORMAL.

I wanted to eat things i never eat. I think it was just the thought that i would never be able to eat it again. I was wrong and scared. You can eat and not be deprived.

:D

That's Totally Normal!! I can't tell you how many last "favorite meals" and "last suppers" I had 2 weeks before my surgery. I was so scared I was never going to be able to have them after the surgery. I now know that it wasn't necessary to do that. You can still have most things, just in moderation and you will be satisfied with much smaller amounts.

I ate like that to I ate everything in site my doctor said to lose weight and I gained five pounds they weighed me at my pre-op visit but somehow the doctor used the old records he had taken 6 weeks before or I don't know he never found out I gained the weight but in the long run he thinks I lost less weight than I did because he is going by his records I felt like a crumb because I was suppose to be losing but I had the mentality of these are going to be my last meals no one if perfect and we just start over again youll do fine.

I swear I'm not going to let myself do this, it would be so easy. Doug and I are starting Lite n Easy this week - which is home delivered calorie counted meals basically and we are staying on it until surgery which will be anywhere from 6-12 weeks away for me. That takes away most of the temptation since you just plain arent making your own decision what to eat. Not good long term but I always lose weight steadily and reliably, a kilo a week, on this program.

My surgeon said to me if I can be 10 to 12kg down from now at my first fill then the fill process is more efficient because I will already have lost significant mass round my stomach and he can put more in - saving a fill in the whole process of getting to that sweet spot.

Plus I feel like crap - I've had it up to the back teeth with dragging my fat arse around and I need to fit into my summer clothes as the weather is warming up down under.

Yep - I did that too! I engaged in a good deal of EATING FOR FUTURE HUNGER!!! I think it is hard not to engage in this - but as someone else said - if you can remember that just because you're banded doesn't mean that you can't still eat these things. They're still there, its just that now I am chosing not to eat them. Good luck with the surgery!!!

ThinkThin:

That's a great way to put things. "Eating for Future Hunger". I too will be engaged in the last meal thing. I know I can still go to the places I love, I just want the chance to indulge one last time becvause I have no plans to cheat my band.

Alot of us did the exact same thing but just know once you are banded you can still enjoy your favorite restaraunts. You can still enjoy food, this is the best thing about the band, you get to lose weight and still enjoy food. Just less of it is all.

"Enjoy being fat while you still can." These, or something close, were my last words of advice from my patient advocate. I suppose my interpretation was a bit much, but oh well. Before surgery, I ate like I was never going to eat again. I kid you not, I spent more than $100 on a sushi binge about a week before my surgery and ate cheeseburgers three or four times a day. I gained about 15lbs in the month before my surgery.

My advice, enjoy being fat while you still can. I don't have any regrets, but if I could do it over, I wouldn't have eaten so much. Whatever you do, be sure to follow your surgeon's advice regarding your pre-op diet. You need to get some fat off your liver so s/he can access your stomach.

Finally, these are not your last meals. You will eat again. Albeit, your meals will be different. Your not saing goodbye to cheesburgers your saying goodbye to a doublestack with bacon, cheese, supersized fries, and 64 oz. of super sugar soda.

Might I suggest this... go out to eat at a favorite restraunt. Order the smallest most lap-band friendly meal you can and eat only five small bites. By doing this, you are saying hello to your new eating habits. Now you're not saying good bye so much as you are saying hello. Then finish your meal.

Enjoy your food and welcome to bandland.

I got so worked up before my consultation with the doctor that I was eating like a pig, I mean a P-I-G !! get this crap... I lost weight. Must have been my nerves.

Now I'm 3 weeks from surgery and I'm still a basket case. I bet I packed on 10 lbs already.

Wish I could help you but I can't even help myself.