Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long did your process take to get approval?

ByeByeBonBon and Lisa6,

Congrats to both of you! I am happy for both of you.

Can't wait until I can post good news on here!

Froggie D

weight.png

It only took about 3 days for BCBS/AL to approve it, then another 6 days for someone to actually get around to mailing it. My surgeon's office won't schedule anything without a piece of paper in hand, so that was frustrating. I'm still dealing with my surgeon's office manager to get a surgery date scheduled. I had my approval in hand on 8/13, it's 8/21, and no appointment yet. The girl promised to call me back today, but I've had no call, and it's after 5:00. I won't be able to get in touch with anyone until Monday now. I hope you get good news on Monday too!

Hey Froggie... Did you ever hear of your approval? My surgeons office sent it in last Friday 9/4/09 but the insurance said they have no record as of yet, but that doesnt mean they didnt get it--- it could be over at medical review...

It is soooo frustrating playing this waiting game...

I am so anxious... just trying to be patient and praying for an approval!

I'm doing the waiting game as well. Mine went from the doctor's office to Cigna on August the 24th,,, it will be 3 weeks on Monday,,, Cigna says they can take up to 45 business days to approve,,, that's forever! So I'm praying for a shorter time frame. The waiting part that gets to me is really wanting to know when the surgery will be so I can plan work and kid's around it. It's for sure frustrating,,, but I'm hoping in a few months,,, it will all be history,,, pounds included, lol

I think I just set a new record... my surgeon's office called me to tell me they were sending in the paperwork the afternoon of 9/3 (the thurs before labor day) and I was sent a letter dated 9/8 (the tues after labor day) saying I was approved!!!! My neighbors think I'm crazy... screaming and jumping around the mailbox like a crazy person. :laugh:

WOW! Congrats! You don't happen to have Cigna do you? I look at the computer every day thinking my doctor's office has gotten some word,,, patience isn't one of my strong suites, lol

Not Cigna. Federal BCBS Basic plan.

Good luck all!

O well,,, perhaps my Cigna will get a move on, lol

Congrats again!!!

Did you call Cigna and ask them if it was in their system yet? Or did they say the same thing - it could be under Review - nothing is documented yet? Good luck to you, I hope you hear something soon!!!

ShrinkingV - Congrats!!! You are so fortunate!!! I have Anthem BCBS PPO of Va and I didnt think it would take them long to approve me.... I worry maybe my drs office didnt send in the paperwork...but thats a common fear on this site...lol....

gV

O WOW,,, I didn't even think about the doc's office not sending in paperwork!!! I haven't called Cigna yet,,, I was going on my doc saying they got it and it could be up to 45 days before getting a letter. Geeze,,,, guess I'm calling Cigna today! LOL

I think I am another fortunate one.

I went on my seminar on 8/27. Had my first appt with the Surgeon on 8/31. I was supposed to have my Nutritionist/Pysch eval on 9/8 but due to a mix up with the scheduling on the offices behalf I have been pushed back to 9/28. My lifestyle/nutrition classes are 10/14, 10/21, and 10/28.

I have Delaware Physicians Care which is a part of Medicaid. I was put on the 3 month "plan" I guess you can call it. And as far as my diet goes, I have to lose 6.9 pounds, and I have lost 4 already :laugh:

O WOW,,, I didn't even think about the doc's office not sending in paperwork!!! I haven't called Cigna yet,,, I was going on my doc saying they got it and it could be up to 45 days before getting a letter. Geeze,,,, guess I'm calling Cigna today! LOL

Never ever trust your doctor's office to do anything for you. Call and get a solid date from them as to when they supposedly sent your paperwork. Wait on the phone while they do it, or they will never call you back with an answer. Then call your insurance company and see if they have it yet. They can at least look up a status in the computer, and should be able to see when/if they received it.

For reference, BCBS told me it could take up to 30 days, but in actuality, it took 3. The holdup was in people not sending or checking mail but once a week. They inflate the dates to cover up their lazy butts.

I have SAG-Producer's Health Plan; it took about 4 days to get approval after my MD submitted to them.

I have bcbs national insurance. I had many hoops to jump thru. I have been trying to get approval for almost a year now. I got a call today that my insuance finally approved my surgery. It has been a long road but i can see the light (let it not be a train)...i went back and forth thinking maybe it is taking so long because it is not supose to happen...but here we are i got approved today. I am happy and a little afraid. So next week my doctor will schedule my surgery.

Edited by argyle