Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 day diet and I GAINED a 1/2 pound!!!

Hi,

I don't usually start my own thread but I'm so frustrated. I haven't been able to move the scales since January so I thought I would do my pre-op diet again. 10 days of protien shake for Breakfast and dinner and a 4ounce lean protien lunch. I followed it, nearly to the letter and this morning I was so excited to weigh. I even had a fill last Friday so I was on liquids for 3 days during this time. I felt like I was going to see a new low and couldn't wait to see how much I had lost. I GAINED 1/2 a pound!!! WTF? :wink2: Grrrrrrrrrrr!

Two weeks before I was eating birthday cake (2 birhtdays in July) drinking margaritas, eating chips and WEIGHED THE SAME AS I DO NOW!

Before you tell me to exercise, I'll say that exercise has never helped me lose weight. I did do the Couch to 5K program and lost a size and felt AMAZING, but then I had to have surgery on my foot and well, that's a whole other story, the damn thing won't heal right and doc thinks he's going to have to go back in and operate again in Nov.

I'm so amazingly frustrated. For the first time in a very long time, I fought back tears while standing on the scales.....:nanahump:

I know, and have tried, all the tricks about varying your calories, measuring, we all know, don't we? Most of us were professional dieters before the band, so I honestly feel like I'm at the end of my rope on how to get this last 15 pounds off.

The doc says I'm "Normal" weight and said he'd like to lose 15 pounds too, but that I was normal and he's happy with my weight, but I'm at the TOP of the normal range (actually now I'm just above it again), I just wanted to get closer to the middle.

Thanks for letting me vent. I knew that only you wonderful bandsters would understand the full impact of how I'm feeling.

Edited by SuzanneG

The smaller you are (ie lower BMI) the harder it is, and that is just a sad sad fact. At least you are close to where you want to be, although frustrated.

Maybe joining weight watchers, or an appt with a good nutritionist, would be in order? It's hardest to lose the last ones, I know...you're SO CLOSE but not there.

Is it possible you decreased your calories and are taking in too few? Your body maybe holding on to what it can if that is the case.

Like Restless said, you are also close to goal and from what I hear (haven't been near goal weight in decades) that is when it really slows down.

Oh, Suzanne, I am so sorry this is happening. It really sucks. I wish I had something uplifting and positive to offer you but all I have are hugs and a tissue. Hang in there and let's hope it is just Fluid shifts from something salty. I wish your foot would hurry up and heal, too.

Very Best Wishes,

Mimi

Firstly, congratulations on being in the category of 'normal weight' and losing almost all of your excess weight! That is great and you should congratulate yourself too!! Can't wait to be in your shoes!

Like everyone said, I think the last few pounds are the hardest. My good friend who is thin wanted to lose a few pounds (she probably had 10 pounds to lose if she wanted, although she looked great either way) and it took her over 4 months to lose just 5 pounds. But thats because she only has that little bit to lose. It will come off, slowly but surely. But in the meantime (while its taking its sweet time) just give yourself a pat on the back for all of your successes already!!

Suzanne~ I know it is hard not to be frustrated! But hang in there. I hope everything is going ok with your foot. Have you heard whether you will have to have surgery or not?

I was in a 4-5 month plateau and it about killed me. No matter what I ate, just like you, I stayed the same! It was so frustrating - I could eat like crap and still be in the same 2-3 lb swing! Finally the weight has started moving again.

So, hang in there, I can't speak from experience, but I know that the last 10-20 lbs are hard to lose! You always have a place to come and vent and people who will understand!

How much swelling is in your foot? That can make a difference on the scale.< /p>

Thanks guys! It is nice to be able to vent to people who understand and don't judge me for wanting to lose 15 more pounds.

I have managed to lose 2 pounds (I won't update my ticker until Friday). I actually ended up too tight, like Mimi was. By Saturday night I couldn't even drink Water. I decided to rest the band and Sunday morning I tried some hot coffee, then hot chicken broth. Only the hot stuff would go down and barely. So I went to the doc yesterday and they removed .2cc. They had put .3cc in on Jul 31 with a pressure fill. I thought it felt too tight, but he had that special machine on that test the pressure in the band (like a tire gauge). Anyway, when I finally tried to progress to solid food, it wasn't happening.

I'm all better now and on liquids for 3 days, mushies for 3 days, then I'll try solids again. Maybe this will get the scale moving again, but surely wasn't the way I wanted to do it.

The foot isn't really swollen anymore. I go see the doc this Friday, the 14th to find out if I'll need more surgery. Wish me luck!

Thanks again guys!

Keep trying Suzanne! It must feel amazing to lose as much weight as you did. I myself have been trying to get this surgery done for almost two yrs now and I have been denied twice. Right now I am looking to appeal but was told I had to write a letter. I am not sure where to begin because I want to make it so good that once they read it, it will be a yes. I just found out today from my doctor that I have hypertension now and I have also been getting thse horrible tension headaches. I am so frustrated. I will keep trying. Great job on your loss :)- Lisa