Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Okay...I have to weigh in here. I know it's not going to be the popular opinion. Hell...it's obvious with the way the world is today.

Karla, you need to cut back. I get that. This is not an attack of that decision. You have to find a balance between giving and taking. If you have to cut out everything and then slowly build back, that makes perfect sense.

However....here comes the rant!!!

Why does everyone in this world have an attitude that "What do I get out of it?" If I'm not getting paid for it, screw them. If they want it done, they need to give me....gimme gimme gimme!

What happened to doing something because it's good for other people. Because it makes someone's life easier. Because it makes a difference. And why in the hell do people compare themselves and what they give and then say, "oh hell no, I'm not doing it because no one else is." Joe doesn't do x,y, and z so I'll be damned if I'm going to! Maybe Joe's an ass. Screw him. He doesn't do it and that SUCKS, but that's Joe's problem, not mine. If he gets a million dollars and has done NOTHING to deserve it, that SUCKS! Triple SUCKS! But he didn't get it BECAUSE he's an ass. He got it because life SUCKS sometimes.

I'm sick and tired of people not doing something because there is no pay off to them. The pay off is in that wonderful feeling you get knowing you've done something for someone. That smile that you may never see because you impacted someone. The kid who doesn't have to have a horrible experience because of YOU. There is NO GREATER REWARD! People who only judge their rewards in the monetary realm need a reality check!

And what really makes my blood boil is the people who look down on others when they do something out of their kind heart for someone and are judged as "devious" because they obviously have an ulterior motive. People don't trust nice people because the world is full of the gimmees. It makes me NUTS!!

Okay. Rant over. Like I said, Karla, I get you having to back off and reassess your world. Start with an empty plate and try again. You are overwhelmed. However, don't do it because some ass got a smart board and you didn't. Life isn't fair and that sucks. Don't make life worse for others because you got smacked in the face. I know that if THAT is the reason you back off, you will feel guilty and either throw yourself into a million other things or eat. Do it for the right reasons. Because YOU need to rebuild your world into something healthy. That's okay. But don't not do it because you don't get a "reward" for it. Those kids are all the reward you need.

You're a great teacher and a wonderful mother and I know you know that I love you. This is more about stupid people here in P'wood than you. Your situation and Janet's reply just hit that nerve and I knew you all would listen to my rant and love me in spite of it.

You have some VERY valid points Steph. Thanks for bringin them up... It is true that the REWARD for giving is the GOOD feeling you get inside because you did something nice for someone else. (real love)

I have always beleived that no matter how your life may suck(at a part. point in time) there is ALWAYS someone who is worse off, and we must live life in a state of GRATITUDE other wise - what is the FLICKING point to it all???

Its like when you are married, and you get up in the morning and think to yourself. ... ``what can I do today to make my Spouses day go easier?`... and then you do that thing.... its not for YOU that you do it... its a GIFT to the other person. If we all treated one another in this world like that... how cool would life be???

I cannot do anything HUGE in this world to make a humungous difference but I can do ONE small thing....:biggrin:

Here they are!!! Beautiful... just love, love, love getting Flowers...

Thank you Janet, and thank you everyone else for the Birthday Wishes!!

I am so very blessed to have all of you in my LIFE!!!:tt1:

:biggrin::wub::thumbup::wub::scared2::wub::drool::wub::wink2::wub::huh2::wub::sad::wub::wub::wub::wub:

post-220921-1381313954416_thumb.jpg

Steph, I do agree with what you are saying and until this week I was that giving person. Now...I just don't know. It really isn't about a Promethean board or money, it is about respect. As a teacher we don't get $$$, but I have always busted my butt to make a difference in my students' lives. Now I just don't know. Everytime I try to make a difference, try to help my students become independent, I get slapped down. Everytime I am asked to build a program, I have built the best program I could...but here I am, trying to build an earth science program and I get my budget cut so that someone can have a $4000 piece of equipment. Its about having at least the bare necessities...I don't even have that. If the district was so hurting for $$$ that we couldn't buy anything I would understand. But it isn't that way, its about giving a luxury to one class while others do without the basics and told that with that small amount of $$$ you now have to buy paper, pencils, colored pencils, glue, scissors, notebooks, calculators because we are no longer allowed to ask students to be responsible.

However, I also am fried. Working multiple jobs, getting my master's, dealing with my own kids. That or 24 years of teaching is too much. What about the sacrifice your family makes so that you can follow your dream of teaching, only to die 2 1/2 months after you retire and never get to do all the things you and your family planned. I don't want $$, I don't even care about equipment...I DO care about making a difference. I have always gotten letters or phone calls from ex-students, not any more. All I get now is phone calls from parents who say that holding a student accountable to turn in an assignment is wrong. Then I have to appologize and promise never to hold them accountable.

Don't worry, I'm not angry at you. You do have a great point. But I guess I have been slapped one to many times. I even got reprimanded in front of the other staff for ordering a package of colored pens. Another time for wearing a 'sloppy' shirt last year when I had lost enough weight that my clothes were big, but I couldn't afford new ones. I also go to work by 6:30 am and don't leave until after 5 pm.

Steph, I do agree with what you are saying and until this week I was that giving person. Now...I just don't know. It really isn't about a Promethean board or money, it is about respect. As a teacher we don't get $$$, but I have always busted my butt to make a difference in my students' lives. Now I just don't know. Everytime I try to make a difference, try to help my students become independent, I get slapped down. Everytime I am asked to build a program, I have built the best program I could...but here I am, trying to build an earth science program and I get my budget cut so that someone can have a $4000 piece of equipment. Its about having at least the bare necessities...I don't even have that. If the district was so hurting for $$$ that we couldn't buy anything I would understand. But it isn't that way, its about giving a luxury to one class while others do without the basics and told that with that small amount of $$$ you now have to buy paper, pencils, colored pencils, glue, scissors, notebooks, calculators because we are no longer allowed to ask students to be responsible.

However, I also am fried. Working multiple jobs, getting my master's, dealing with my own kids. That or 24 years of teaching is too much. What about the sacrifice your family makes so that you can follow your dream of teaching, only to die 2 1/2 months after you retire and never get to do all the things you and your family planned. I don't want $$, I don't even care about equipment...I DO care about making a difference. I have always gotten letters or phone calls from ex-students, not any more. All I get now is phone calls from parents who say that holding a student accountable to turn in an assignment is wrong. Then I have to appologize and promise never to hold them accountable.

Don't worry, I'm not angry at you. You do have a great point. But I guess I have been slapped one to many times. I even got reprimanded in front of the other staff for ordering a package of colored pens. Another time for wearing a 'sloppy' shirt last year when I had lost enough weight that my clothes were big, but I couldn't afford new ones. I also go to work by 6:30 am and don't leave until after 5 pm.

Karla; what I am reading betweeen the lines here is YOU are greiving the loss of your teacher cohort. His premature dying has thrown you for a loop. Making you feel like you need to reexam everything. Its o.k. to be sad and just miss him...

What about the sacrifice your family makes so that you can follow your dream of teaching, only to die 2 1/2 months after you retire and never get to do all the things you and your family planned.

This is one of life`s curve balls. It is way not fair to loose someone so vital and young. It is a good reminder though to us all to MAKE EACH DAY special and meaningful... be it by giving to your students, or working on that fav. quilt you`ve been putting off..... or just weeding in your garden that you love so much... or going for an evening walk and catching a sunset...

HUGS, and love,

Candice:wub:

It's called BURNED OUT !!! and I'm right there with you Karla!

Steph - we got a few yrs on you ;0) so maybe that has something to do with it.. You can only give so much and there comes a point you just can't do it any more..

Edited by IndioGirl55

Okay, topic change, I guess I have wallered in the negative long enough. Thanks for listening!

Anyway... 4 day weekend, Labor Day Candice. AND I only have to work on Saturday at the nursery!! So 3 whole days, I figure one for school and 3 for the house...Okay, one for school, 2 for the house and ONE for me!!!

I think that the electrician is coming to move the wireing and wire my outside plug for the pond. Yeah

I think I have most of my stuff down loaded off my new computer. DD#5 has a college mate who is a computer geek who is going to by my old machine. He figures he can fix it or use it for parts. So that will be a little extra cash. Not much, but otherwise I would have to just toss it.

So Phyl, how did the 'sisters' wine tour go?

Janet, any big plans for the weekend?

Steph, selling popcorn? I am the queen of the classroom since I told my students that I had a good friend who has a Kettle Korn wagon.

Linda, hopefully you are having some fun this weekend?

Good Morning Peeps...

Karla - I have a 4 day weekend - Furlough Friday - getting hair cut then going to the mall - gotta get new outfit for Mary J Blige concert on Sunday !!! Told trainer we need to change our monday exercise day - cuz I most likely will be hung over ;0)

That's if for my weekend..

Well time to jump in the shower - tonite is 2x exercise - so may get back might not -

Love to you all !!!

Okay, topic change, I guess I have wallered in the negative long enough. Thanks for listening!

Anyway... 4 day weekend, Labor Day Candice. AND I only have to work on Saturday at the nursery!! So 3 whole days, I figure one for school and 3 for the house...Okay, one for school, 2 for the house and ONE for me!!! I think that the electrician is coming to move the wireing and wire my outside plug for the pond. Yeah

I think I have most of my stuff down loaded off my new computer. DD#5 has a college mate who is a computer geek who is going to by my old machine. He figures he can fix it or use it for parts. So that will be a little extra cash. Not much, but otherwise I would have to just toss it.

So Phyl, how did the 'sisters' wine tour go?

Janet, any big plans for the weekend?

Steph, selling popcorn? I am the queen of the classroom since I told my students that I had a good friend who has a Kettle Korn wagon.

Linda, hopefully you are having some fun this weekend?

Hope things start looking up for you. Yep... burn out!!

Wine tour was great fun. Lots of photos on FB. We were gone almost 5 hours, 5 wineries. Great limo driver... older gentleman who was very sweet. Didn't even charge us for the 45 minutes we ran over.

Today... dinner w/high school classmate and his wife. Nothing during the daytime so far. It's going to be another very hot, humid day and Earl is already whining about that! It will cool off tomorrow or Friday because of the hurricane coming this way and storm front coming from the west. He can't wait!! I don't mind it that much, but it's frustrating when you take a shower and no matter how much you towel off you can't get dry!! It's tough to try to put a bra on a clammy body!! LOL

Janet.. glad your jury duty was short and sweet!

Candice.... 4 pm tomorrow... Skylon Tower... that's the big one with the yellow elevators and rotating restaurant. I will get on their site and see about reservations.

Wine photos... my sisters and I are in the black shirts! But Mary Lou had a white shirt on for a while... then I bought a short sleeve one and gave her my 3/4 sleeve one to wear. She is being a jerk about photos. Sent me a message one night telling me to remove all her pictures from her profile page. Well... if you "tag" them, they show up on that person's page. So I guess I have to "untag" all the pictures from the wedding and I haven't tagged her in any of the wine tour pictures. So last night... another message saying she's quitting FB because people won't stop putting her picture on her page!! She wants to put her own pictures on... HAH.. not really... she's just very vain and wants to approve every picture that gets put on. She used to put her hand in front of her face or turn her head every time she saw my camera!! She's the tallest one, FYI. Birthday girl is the one wearing the crown. Her sister made her wear it all day!! And a name tag that said "Today is my birthday!" It was her 65th. The two girls in the green... Carol & Marcia, grew up in the house behind us when we were kids. Sort of lost track and reconnected through Facebook. We really had a GREAT time and it was so good to see them again. They fed us dinner when we got back so no one was driving drunk!! HAHAHA!!

post-220150-13813139544496_thumb.jpg

post-220150-13813139544864_thumb.jpg

post-220150-13813139545304_thumb.jpg

post-220150-13813139545603_thumb.jpg

post-220150-13813139572004_thumb.jpg

Edited by phyllser

Morning ladies. Another quiet day in the Wood.

It's been rainy here for the last 3 days. Today makes 4. I really hate the clouds. I'm much prefer it to be cool and sunny. Oh well. I can't have it all. I hope it clears up for the weekend.

Today I have GOT to start seriously sorting through all my crap. I think I'll put it in price groups. Have a 50 cent table, $1 table, $5 and so on. I don't want to have to price every freaking thing.

Candice, I'm so glad you had a great birthday. Very happy Peter took care of you on your day. Now, I hope you have a chance to take a breather for a little bit.

Janet, have a great 4 day weekend. Sounds like a good time for you.

Karla, hugs. I know it's been hard. You have had a long haul of tough stuff. Look how strong you are though. You've come through it all stronger, lighter, and glowing. You're one amazing cookie! Love you.

Phyl, it sounds like a great time has been had by all. I hope you take this cool weather from us and we have some warmer stuff replace it. That way all of us will be happy. Good luck.

Love you all ladies. Have a great day!

Oh Hi! Just want you to know that I'm keeping up--more or less. Interesting dialogue about doing things for "free." While philosophically I agree with Steph--we all need to "give back" at some point, I also see how Carla needs to re-assess her priorities (which Steph pointed out). I guess one question I ask myself a lot is "How much will this matter in the light of eternity?" The answer often puts things into perspective for me. Once you figure out what your mission in life is, (the "Why am I here?") then you can choose to invest in the things that most align with that, and say "NO" to the things that don't. Anyway, that's the short version. . .

Yeah, I'm over the Penny thing. Had a little chat with Andy, and because I have Cora one day a week, Penny wants me to be more like a " (preschool) teacher" than a grandma. Sorry honey--I AM the grandma, not a "teacher." Penny and I have different parenting styles with mine being formed by raising 4 successful children, and Penny's being influenced by her training as a preschool teacher. I do discipline Cora when I have her (she had a time-out yesterday when she didn't come when I called her, she didn't get M&M's at the store, and she had to stay in bed for her nap until I came back into her room) but we also do a lot of fun things like go to the beachs and Water parks, and have "tea" together. I'm not going to give that up.

OK, gotta get back to checking the online discussion responses. 8 more months. . .

Love,

Edited by lindaa

Ladies, just a quick post...I'm not ignoring you...well yes I am kind of...I'm in the middle of trying to transfer all my information from my old computer to the new computer. Next time they say it is going to cost $$ to transfer stuff, PAY IT, it is way worth it. 3 hours of my life is more than worth what ever $$ it would have cost. Hopefully i will see you on the other side....If not, know that I am lost in cyberspace and someone will have to come rescue me!

Ladies, just a quick post...I'm not ignoring you...well yes I am kind of...I'm in the middle of trying to transfer all my information from my old computer to the new computer. Next time they say it is going to cost $$ to transfer stuff, PAY IT, it is way worth it. 3 hours of my life is more than worth what ever $$ it would have cost. Hopefully i will see you on the other side....If not, know that I am lost in cyberspace and someone will have to come rescue me!

It will be worth it when the new computer is up and running, remember you have a LONG weekend ahead of you... so take some time to smell the roses too.

Meeting Phyl and Earl tomorrow in Niagra Falls, weather is not supposed to cooperate, but the warmth of the visit will surpass that!

Got a job (casual, temporary) interview on Friday. Peter and I both were selected for interviews. We are having our municipal elections this fall and they need polling officers... some extra cash to put into my TRAVEL fund LOL....

Be back tomorrow night for some chatter.

Hugs,Candice:tt1:

Hello!!! I made it to the other side. Now I just need to get use to this new keyboard and monitor. Man you sure do get use to what you had. I THINK I have everything transfered except Skype. I tried to download it, but it is giving me grief. So I'll have to wait until the youngest child comes home. Where do I send it to? Do I run or do I save?

Hey Candice. Jeff said I could hire someone to pain Jai's room.

He approved new carpet, paint, and a bed.....

so....

he didn't ask what it was going to cost or anything, so I'm thinkin...if I buy the ticket, wanna come paint? I don't know that I can pay for the labor though...that might put him over the top :)

Stephanie, you will have a blast with Jai's room. You will have to post pictures when you are done!

Hope you all had a good evening. I slept in an extra hour today. Most of my school stuff seems to be causght up so I am going to go in an hour later. Of course I will then get behind, but no biggy.

Having a little trouble with liquids this past few days and just lost my coffee.< /p>

Well best kick it in gear!!