Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers - Unite!

Welcome to the "Slow Loser" thread on LBT.

A few orders of business to begin.

First, we need to elect a leader. Someone who will voice our opinion clearly and with wisdom and humor. Our Leader will support us in our efforts and remind us of our NSV's and to not be discouraged.

I nominate - Vinesqueen. I can think of no on here on the board more eloquent and positive in her day to day outlook. (she has no idea about this, by the way - this is my own little invention - but I still think she should be our leader)

Second - we need to define "slow loser". I would propose that a slow loser is someone who is losing (or lost) less than 1 pound per week (average) during the first year of banding.

Third - Our Mission. Our Mission will be to stick together as a group. There is always strength in numbers. As we see newly banded people losing more in a month or six weeks than we have lost in 6 months to a year, we will join together and remind each other of how well we're doing. We'll chant the LBTSL ( that LapBand Talk Slow Loser) mantra of "It's not a race, it's not a race" over and over again.

Will you join me? Will you, a slow loser, a turtle in the weight loss race, make your voice heard amongst all these rabbits? Mostly will you let me know that I am not alone out here in bandland?

Looking forward to hearing from all of you.

Road Queen -

I am very sorry, but ;-) I do not believe you qualify for our secret little society ;-)

You have lost 30 pounds in 4 months (wow!) and are clearly NOT a slow loser.

You may reapply at a later date if you meet our very strict criteria.

Keep up the great work!

Sunny Kim -

For heaven's sake, you're even farther off the mark than Road Queen! ;-) You've lost 50 pounds in TWO months!

You are DEFINITELY NOT a slow loser.

(Keep up the great job on your weight loss) ;-)

Well, I think I could fit into this group--

I am one year and two weeks out, 68 pounds gone---I wanted it to be all gone--all 100 pounds +. I was dreading my appt with my band surgeon yesterday--but frankly, he said he was delighted. He said he would have been happy with 50% weight loss after TWO years but was very pleased that I was there after just one. He reiterated that slow steady weight loss is the goal. I am slightly less enthusiastic about how things have gone, but I will take what I can get, I suppose. I am really trying to lose the rest of this weight by Christmas--then I can see how much abdominal plastic surgery I will need!

xoxoxo

Kimberly

Definite slow loser here. I've lost less than 30lbs in 7 months. There's no way you can kick me out of your little club. B)

I've been doing better lately though.

I'm a slow loser because:

I've got one of those whopper VG bands and it took me a while to get real restriction.

I don't exercise like I should.

I sometimes don't make the best food choices.

And I was pregnant for 2 months of banding and was told not to lose. (I ended up having a miscarriage and now I'm back in losing stage.)

I'm glad you started this thread. I read the stories of people's one year bandiversary and wonder how on earth mine will come out. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad for what I've lost....I just thought I would be way better off by now.

I nominate - Vinesqueen. I can think of no on here on the board more eloquent and positive in her day to day outlook. (she has no idea about this, by the way - this is my own little invention - but I still think she should be our leader)

Excellent choice.

Am I in? Someone do my math for me!!!wah!!!!...see stats below, they are up to date.

OK - Kimber Lilly, even though you don't exactly meet our criteria - we'll let you in (we're reasonable people, all of us slow losers). I'd be FREAKIN THRILLED with 68 pounds at this point. (you were banded 2 weeks before me and have lost twice the weight) Just remember, if you lose too fast, like all that weight before Christmas, we're going to have to cancel your membership!

And Daisy, you're in, too! WooHoo! I didn't feel any restriction until I was 5 months out, and I thought I'd be a lot further along than I am, too. That's why I started the thread.

(I'm not sure who appointed me the membership chairman - but I decided to fill the vacant post)

I accept the nomination for Leader of the Slow Loosers. I actually started to cry when I read this thread.

At the rate I'm going, I will lose 2 more pounds by Christmas. Fill or no fill.

Well, Kathy, You qualify. You were banded 4/8/05 and initally lost 16 pounds, followed by a 13 pound loss since then, right? If I give you 6 weeks to lose the 16 inital pounds, that means you've lost 13 pounds since 5/27; 18 weeks.

Sorry. I really wanted to not let you in, really wanted you to be a rabbit....

As your leader, I want everyone to start making their list of NSVs, and create your own thread. Trust me when I say that your NSV list is vitally important to keeping your head held high, to keep yourself on track, to give yourself some recognition. Let me repeat that last part, "to give yourself recognition."

I defianetly qualify for this group. 8lbs lost in 3 months - I really like how you are weeding out the people who don't qualify! Get outta hereeeeeeee LOL. Glad for the support here!

Count me in too. I think everyone here knows my sap of a story, so I won't bore any of you with the crappy details. (Because life is much happier now)

I'm 11 months out of surgery on the 8th of Oct. and have only lost about 30 pounds since being banded.

I'm still waiting for my first fill, so no telling when I'll be losing more.

My greatest NSV? I guess that I'm still alive and don't weigh over 300 pounds anymore. (No offense meant to those who still weigh over that by any means. We all have to start somewhere!)