Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone out there near Elgin?

Hi Don,

How has your week gone? Are you still feeling well and doing okay? I have been doing pretty bad. I was so focused for 10-11 weeks eating exactly right and now I am struggling...my doctors/psychologist/nutritionist appts are next week. Hopefully I'll get back on track before then. I'd hate to show a gain!!

I have trouble navigating this website. How do I get right to you and Bunkerport, my two newly banded Elgin friends???

Hi Julie,

It was great speking to you the other night! I look forward to meeting you in person next week! Have a great weekend!

Linda

I'm doing pretty well. Trying to stay on track as always. I don't have an appointment unitl the beginning of Sept and I can't wait cause I want to get another fill. Other than that nothing else going on.

If you click on someones name you can then send them a regular message there or you can also send a private message.

So, how do you know that you need another fill? What does it feel like when you get one? Compared to now?

Well I got my first fill on 6-10-09 and it went great. I didn't really feel any pain or anything. They give you a little shot for numbing purposes and I felt that pinch. But when he came over with the big needle even though I was like are you serious. I didn't really feel anything more than a pinch. Luckily he found the port pretty quick and I didn't need to do it under xray. So for that day and a few days after I felt like I really couldn't eat much and then it kind of went back to normal. I was scheduled for my second fill on 7-29-09. When I went in I had lost 30 more lbs since 6-10 and he basically told me he wouldn't give me a fill. He said I was losing the weight really well and that he only gives a fill if someone gains or doesn't loose anything. I told him that a lot was because of will power and that I was eating more than I should. But he didn't care, he said 5 lbs a week is fantastic and just keep going.

Basically you should be eating about a cup to a cup and a half per meal. It varies per person. So what I have been doing to make sure I feel full, is I'll eat my Protein cause thats the most important and then I'll make a big salad or I'll cook a bunch of veggies to eat too fill me up. Eventually when I get to good restriction I won't have to have that large bowl of salad or whatever. Now some people said that its crazy he didn't give me a fill cause of the amount I can still eat, but he is the doctor and I can't argue with him.

Don't get me wrong I do have some restriction, there's no way I can eat as much as I did before surgery,and if I don't chew really well especially red meats then I feel some tightness and its not pleasant.

So I go back in a few weeks. He doesn't even want me making an appointment yet. He told me to just drop in to get weighed in and if I'm losing just keep going. If I plateaued then he said to make an appointment. Its a little weird but I won't complain if I'm losing.

Thanks for walking me through that...I'm sorry if I repeat my questions. This is my last week of supervised dieting and then they can submit to the insurance for approval.

Keep up the good work. You have great self-discipline and are doing a phenominal job!

Don't worry about it. I know exactly how you're feeling, and I don't mind sharing my experiences with you. I was doing the same thing you were before my surgery.

Well you're almost there. Hopefully the insurance company responses quickly and approves everything so that you can begin the banded journey.

Thanks, Don..my eating is getting more out of control. I hope seeing the professionals this week will help me to get my mind back on track. Things are reaalllyy stressful at work so I fell into old habits...I've got to get my resolve back before I put all my weight back on !! Julie

That is so weird that you say that. The past two night especially last night, I felt that I could never feel full. I don't understand it. I had dinner at like 600 and by 800 I was starving and couldn't understand it. I tried to be safe with just some crackers, cheese and grapes but that muffin was sitting there and I had some. Oh well, I know I'm not perfect and things are gonna happen, I just need to get back to being right on target.

You are so right...we have to ride the ups and downs. m I9 am trying to distract myself with an activity when I really want to eat. Sometimes drinking something helps...hang in there...keep the goal in mind.....our new life!!

I'm in Bartlett! :lol: Dr. Kane is my doc.

If any of the Elgin people are still around, I am in Valley Creek...I was banded Feb 2007 by Dr Rantis at Kane Ctr, have lost 117-120 lbs.

I am from Elgin. I am just finishing up going through all of the hoops, just have to see the dietitian and then I hope to get a surgery date. I am looking for someone to carpool with to the support groups at Alexian Brothers in Elk Grove. Anyone interested?

I'm in Bartlett! :wink2: Dr. Kane is my doc.

I live in Elgin and also use the kane Center. I have several friends who have formed our own little group for support. If you would like to come to Elgin and join us let me know...how long ago did you get your band? How's it going?

If any of the Elgin people are still around, I am in Valley Creek...I was banded Feb 2007 by Dr Rantis at Kane Ctr, have lost 117-120 lbs.

I live on Jamestown, just across Highland from Valley Creek. I have several friends who also were banded a little over a year ago and someone who was just a few months ago. We meet periodically (usually at Pauls) to support and compare notes with one another. If you are interested in joining us, let me know!! Are you still losing or maintaining?