Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

mens weight loss amounts

hi all, i was just wondering, i heard men tend to lose wight faster and more wight than women with the band, what are some amounts of weight loss and time to lose it , and how long have you had your band? thanks

I've lost 96lbs since February 1st of this year. I was banded on February 13th. I started out at 325 and today I am 229. It's taken me 11 fills to get here. I have 13.15cc in a 14cc band.

I have lost 61 lbs since May 27th of this year. I have yet to have a fill. I started out at 396lbs and am right around 335lbs. I do go to the gym regular, and even though I eat small, I still watch what it is I eat. I think it is time to fill though, food is going through very fast now.

Its a year tomorrow, and I have lost about 117 lbs. Would love to lose another 5 but if it never happens, that's cool too.

I was pretty luckly only had two fills - can still eat everything, just not in the Fred Fintstone quantities I used to.

Wow, these are some great numbers. congratulations. I was banded January of this year and am down around 50 pounds depending on what I call my start weight. My restriction as been very difficult to get but I am now on about my 4th or 5th try and have some restriction. My big issue as been drinking alcohol. Not only is that empty calories that add up extremely quick it also leads to reckless abandonment when making food choices. I am committed now and hope to make great progress. I am at 329 and trying. Good luck guys!

I was banded February 18, 2009. I started at 285 and am down to about 202. So that’s about 83 lbs in just over 5 months. I have gone from size XXXL shirts and 44 pants to L shirts and 36 pants. I don’t exercise much. I eat between 900 and 1500 calories each day with three meals and rarely any Snacks – my hunger and energy levels are fine most of the time. I have 3.6cc in a 10cc band and currently feel great (maybe a little too tight) restriction. I started with a BMI of just over 37 and am striving to get to 24.9, which is in the normal range. At the rate I am going, I fully expect to be at goal within the next 2 months.

These figures are encouraging for a guy my size. I am praying that I lose weight quickly, but safely after the surgery. I started at 489 & have gotten down to 425 so far. Due to be banded in August, but it is tentative for the time being because docs are trying to discover why I am slightly anemic. We shall see.

Jason

Pre-op, my steady rate (ie, discounting spikes) was about 3#/wk. Post-op, it's around 3-4#/wk. Since April, I've lost 66#, 26# of that since my surgery on 30 Jun.

I'm 5'10, started at ~345# (BMI 50), and was eating around 1700cal/day for 2mo pre-op, and doing 45min walks nightly. Post-op, I'm doing about 500cal/day, with 45-75min walks about every other day (I need to increase that, but the weather's just been too damn hot and humid, and I've been having to tube-feed a sick cat). No fills yet, though I will PB if I go beyond about 4-5oz of solids.

Started 274

Now 236

Down 38 !!!

Banded 5/8/09

By the greatest and coolest::crying: Dr John Coon

Biggest thing for me?

I am in a 38 from a 42!!!

Still in the middle of buying some new clothes, and holding onto the old ones :thumbup:

Started 322 6/8/09

Post Op 307 6/24/09

Now 289 7/27/09

Total 33. Get my first fill tomorrow!

banded 7/21/09 @ 330 was 313 today.

i had my surgery on aug 26 2008 and i have lost 120 pounds since then. i have 6 cc's in my 9cc band. they are some other men in my support group that has lost more but im catching up with them now.

jason r

My heaviest recorded weight was 320 have no idea how heavy I really was.

In septempber 2007 my weight at banding was 285. I lost about 75 lbs the first year and have slowly been losing this year.

Gone from a size 56 tight waist to a 36 inch waist.

hi, what kind of foods are you eating to loose this without exercising, thanks

I was banded February 18, 2009. I started at 285 and am down to about 202. So that’s about 83 lbs in just over 5 months. I have gone from size XXXL shirts and 44 pants to L shirts and 36 pants. I don’t exercise much. I eat between 900 and 1500 calories each day with three meals and rarely any Snacks – my hunger and energy levels are fine most of the time. I have 3.6cc in a 10cc band and currently feel great (maybe a little too tight) restriction. I started with a BMI of just over 37 and am striving to get to 24.9, which is in the normal range. At the rate I am going, I fully expect to be at goal within the next 2 months.

I will be two (2) years in Sept. Iam down over 80 lbs. I was 250+. Just got blood test back from the doctor and all my levels are in the normal range. Have not had any problems with my gout and BP is normal also. Clothes wise Iam down to a 34-36 depending on brand etc. Also off of CPAP as well. I do use it sometimes but not all the time now. Had a sleep study a year ago and everything was normal with that as well.

Chris