Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't wait for Friday and to turn 60!

Hi everyone. I have been around here for several months now (but just found this group in the past few days and feel I have found my new *home*) and was finally approved (after 1 denial) a few weeks ago. I have surgery this Friday and I cannot wait. I am also turning 60 in August and I cannot wait for that either. I am hoping, praying, and hoping some more that some how the 60's will be a better decade for me and my family.

6 months after I turned 50 (which was the most wonderful birthday in the world as I was on vacation with my precious daughters and my husband and all was well with my world), my life was blown to bits by the death of my oldest daughter. She was 28, newly married, and a wonderful wonderful person. She was hit by a drunk driver. I instantly went into a hell I could not have imagine ever existed and it is only by the grace of God (whom I call LOVE) and my angels on earth and in heaven that I am still here today.

In this past decade I have gained more than 50 lbs., (for a total of about 80 lbs. overweight) went through the menopause from hell, and much much more. So I am seeing the turning of a new decade as a chance for a new start in every possible way. I was once so good about having balance in my life in every area. I am desperately trying to get that back. I am very hopeful that this is a start in that direction. I am so looking forward to getting to know you all better and to be part of a group of very courageous people. (whoever said "old age is not for sissies" was certainly right!)

Thank you for your friendship, support, wisdom and most of all the gift of HOPE that I have found here.

:wub:I pray you will be gentle with you today. Dyanna

I was never blessed with children but love them all just the same. I cannot imagine what hell you face everyday with the loss of someone you care about so deeply and for it to be such a useless careless loss. They are all bad but drunk driving is just so wasteful. I hate the fact that in a lot of the cases, you find out that the drunk driver has been in and out of jail many times for the same offense but they just keep letting them behind the wheel. It's outrageous. I am so glad you are moving ahead and finding new ways to continue with your life. I am proud you are taking control of your weight and got banded! Good Luck to you and God Bless!

Hi everyone. I have been around here for several months now (but just found this group in the past few days and feel I have found my new *home*) and was finally approved (after 1 denial) a few weeks ago. I have surgery this Friday and I cannot wait. I am also turning 60 in August and I cannot wait for that either. I am hoping, praying, and hoping some more that some how the 60's will be a better decade for me and my family.

6 months after I turned 50 (which was the most wonderful birthday in the world as I was on vacation with my precious daughters and my husband and all was well with my world), my life was blown to bits by the death of my oldest daughter. She was 28, newly married, and a wonderful wonderful person. She was hit by a drunk driver. I instantly went into a hell I could not have imagine ever existed and it is only by the grace of God (whom I call LOVE) and my angels on earth and in heaven that I am still here today.

In this past decade I have gained more than 50 lbs., (for a total of about 80 lbs. overweight) went through the menopause from hell, and much much more. So I am seeing the turning of a new decade as a chance for a new start in every possible way. I was once so good about having balance in my life in every area. I am desperately trying to get that back. I am very hopeful that this is a start in that direction. I am so looking forward to getting to know you all better and to be part of a group of very courageous people. (whoever said "old age is not for sissies" was certainly right!)

Thank you for your friendship, support, wisdom and most of all the gift of HOPE that I have found here.

:wub:I pray you will be gentle with you today. Dyanna

Welcome to the "sixties". Sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter. I can only imagine the pain. Hope to hear all your good news as you become a "losser" and are on the road to better health.

Dyanna - thank you so much for posting here. My heart aches for you in the loss of your daughter. You have had much to deal with in the last 10 years. May God bless you and give you peace.

I'm so glad to hear you are taking control of your life. I've been in these 60's for several years, dealing with severe arthritis - but no other major health issues. Losing 50 pounds (as of this week!) has helped me immensely - I know now this can be done and will be done. I have 5 grandchildren (newest are 27 mo and 3 mo!), and a 2 yr old great granddaughter - lots of kids I want to know as adults, too. My hubby is extremely active and I am inspired to keep up with him. These people are my inspiration to stay as healthy as possible for as long as I can. The years will add on, but they can be healthy and active years, and that's a worthy goal.

I wish you the best!

Wow, you all are soo inspiring and sooo caring. Thank you so much for your kind thoughts regarding my daughter. Yes the loss of a child is the worst loss. However, I have been blessed to continue to have a very precious relationship with her on the other side. And I am VERY blessed to have a wonderful husband and 2 beautiful daughters and a 7 year old granddaughter that is my sunshine and 2 incredible SIL's on this earth. So, in spite of all the pain of losing my darling girl on this earth, I would not have missed the chance to have had her in my life. She continues to inspire me with every heart beat on this earth. And I have no doubt has lead me herre to this board. Thank you:wub:

Tomorrow is the day! I feel such peace about it. I know it is the right thing for me to do today. And I thank you so much for sharing a bit of your stories with me too. You have no idea how inspiring and hopeful you all are. I feel a sense of hope about EVERY aspect of my life that I have not felt in a very long time. I VERY much look forward to getting to know you all better. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery in every way. Be gentle with you today, Dyanna

Well, I just tried to send you a message Dyanna,,,,,,but somehow it vanished into cyberspace!

So, I will begin anew!

Welcome to this place of wonderful new friends. Like others, I cannot imagine the pain you have gone through, but I admire the courage you have to step boldly into this next exciting and rewarding chapter of your life!! I know this surgery tomorrow will be a grand new beginning!!

I have received a lot of inspiration by the posts on this thread and that was even before I actually started posting myself. Everyone here has been so supportive and helpful and I know they will continue to be.

I start my new journey on Monday...so you will be a few steps down the road in front of me. That way I will have someone else to follow down this grand adventure!!!

By the way, I like the way your name is spelled.....I guess it is pronounced like mine?

Here's to much happiness in your future!!:thumbup:

To Dyanna and DianaG - spelling aside - best of luck to both of you! You are taking a big step, have great attitudes and I know you will be very successful. Be patient with yourself, lots of liquids, Protein shakes if your doc allows, pain meds if you need them, walk as much as you can (helps with post surgery gas). Follow your doctor's rules about eating to the letter. The next few weeks is the time for healing, not losing weight. You probably will lose, but if you don't, DON'T FREAK!! It is normal to lose and normal not to lose during this period. All you should be thinking about for the next few weeks is healing, swelling going down, band snuggling up against your tummy and looking forward to success.

Come back for questions and support. I'm excited for you!

Thank you for your caring and support. I am off to bed now. It is 12:30 and I have to be up in about 4 hours to head for the hospital and surgery. I will be so glad when this part of it is over. Will talk to you soon. hugs to all, Dyanna

Hi everyone. It is sat. eve and I had surgery yesterday morn. everything went REALLY well! very little pain and I feel so peaceful about it all. I feel very very lucky. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Dyanna

Congrats Dyanna! Glad everything went well for you and that you are not in much pain. Way to go!:biggrin:

thanks Diana. I think that was the drugs talking last night!:tongue2: Had a rougher time of it last night. Couldn't sleep lying down. And felt alot of pressure in the middle of my chest. I am hoping it is all normal. feeling better this morning, but pretty tired. And I am pretty sure I will be behaving myself more today. Like not bending down, or sweeping the patio, or pulling on things.:(

but all in all, it was not nearly as bad as I had expected. So far, so good. be gentle with you today, and know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers for good outcome for you tomorrow also. :seeya:Dyanna

Wow - what an inspiring thread. Dyana, so sorry for the loss of your beloved daughter. I was thrilled to hear you are still connected to her "on the other side". I'm a very spiritual person and believe that is possible.

Good luck to all for a great week.