Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dont like your pre-op diet? try Isopure!

I'm doing medifast (well not really) for my pre-op weight loss. I cannot handle the oatmeal and I think the shakes are awful too. i would love to try Isopure - but when I clicked on a link for it Isopure plus - the nutritional value showed it was only 15 grams of Protein - are there different kinds?

1.00 off : Buy Isopure Plus - Protein Drink Online

Let me know what I'm missing!

:smile:

~Renee'

I just returned 4 bottles of the Isopure today, as a matter of fact. I tried desperately to drink one bottle, but I couldn't stand it. Even though it was basically clear, it had like a thick tast to it to me. Oh, I thought it was GROSS!

I had tried some different sample sizes of Protein powders, and I found some I liked. When I went to return the Isopure, I was going to buy a canister of one that I had tried, and the manager talked me into trying the Isopure powder. It was twice the cost of the one I knew I liked, but she said everyone prefers the Isopure. Let me tell you...that powder was HORRIBLE! It tasted salty! She told me even if I opened it and didn't like it I could return it. For fifty bucks, you better believe I will be doing just that!!!

However, I also bought the shaker bottle with the whisk ball, and I really LOVE that!

I'm doing medifast (well not really) for my pre-op weight loss. I cannot handle the oatmeal and I think the shakes are awful too. i would love to try Isopure - but when I clicked on a link for it Isopure plus - the nutritional value showed it was only 15 grams of Protein - are there different kinds?

1.00 off : Buy Isopure Plus - Protein Drink Online

Let me know what I'm missing!

:smile:

~Renee'

Hi Renee,

There are 2 types of Protein drinks. The Isopure Plus comes in 2 flavors, a smaller plastic bottle & contains 11g of sugar & 15g of protein.

Isopure Zero Carb comes in a 20oz glass bottle, lots of flavors, and has 40g of protein. Hope this helps.

Joan

Hi sandiegokate:

Does the unflavored Isopure change the taste of the Crystal Lite drinks and how well does it dissolve? Would I need to blend it in my Magic Bullet or can I shake it and be able to drink it without clumps? Also, does it affect the smell of the drinks?

Any information would be helpful since I have two weeks to do my tasting and research before my pre-op diet begins.

I didn't use unflavored Isopure, I used a product I bought at a health food store, can't remember the name but it is just "Unflavored whey Protein", sold right next to the vanilla and chocolate. It was powder.. it mixes quite well with Crystal light.. I shake it in a tupperware container and pour it over ice. You can mix one scoop into a larger quantity of crystal light to make it "lighter". I think having unflavored whey Protein is a good thing to have regardless as it can be added to anything, Soups, etc. a little at a time for added Protein. I figure I'm going to have all sorts of products in my cupboards soon... but, it will be taking up the space previously used by the bad stuff.

The ISOpure in the bottles is good though, definitely very clear, I think they needed something though and I added some diet cranberry to it.. its great that way. I want to get some samples of the nectar products somewhere as I've heard some people love them and others not so much. For me, variety is important.

I have some unjury coming tomorrow via UPS. I've heard good things about that too. I have about 3 weeks to do my research on Protein Drinks also! I bought some Atkins strawberry pre-made drinks today.. I'll let you know what I think. I have heard some people like that too. Let me know what you find during your research!:smile:

Take care,

Katie

I'm starting my pre-op diet today. I bought a bottle of this a few days ago, while at GNC.

So I just tried it. It's ok at first, then it turns weird tasting, then it has a chalky-ish aftertaste/feel. I think it's tolerable, but I wouldn't call it "good". Unfortunately, I don't have many options. :bored:

I haven't tried a Protein shake yet.

I drink Isopure, too. Some people don't like it. I dilute it to cut the strength of the taste. That still gives me Protein and also more H2O without the strong taste-aftertaste.

I haven't tried Isopure, although it doesn't sound too great to me. I really was surprised I liked the ready to drink EAS Myoplex, though. The vanilla is wonderful & creamy-great Breakfast. I like having the Atkins chocolate at night, because it really does taste like milk chocolate.

I defintely prefer the creaminess of the shake to something more watery because it just feels like you're getting more.

The morning shakes are usually 20 gm Protein and the evening I have either 11-15 gm Protein. Always light versions.

im glad I helped some people find something to like...I hope every1 is satisfied with their diet cuz I kno it sucks not liking it...For some reason I cant stand Isopure anymore...im 6 days post op and im really tired of drinking it...They sold out on raspberry blue so I drink alpine punch...i can do that but i dont enjoy drinking it...I would rather enjoy raspberry blue but somebody keeps stackin up on them...vitamin shoppe was suppost to call me when it comes back into the store but they never did....I dont kno how im goin to finish this liquid diet for the next 11 days :lol: I need the raspberry blue

im glad I helped some people find something to like...I hope every1 is satisfied with their diet cuz I kno it sucks not liking it...For some reason I cant stand Isopure anymore...im 6 days post op and im really tired of drinking it...They sold out on raspberry blue so I drink alpine punch...i can do that but i dont enjoy drinking it...I would rather enjoy raspberry blue but somebody keeps stackin up on them...vitamin shoppe was suppost to call me when it comes back into the store but they never did....I dont kno how im goin to finish this liquid diet for the next 11 days :lol: I need the raspberry blue

keep checking for it! Have you tried the clear unflavored powder one... add it to drinks you do like. I also like the choco and vanilla made like a smoothie and eat it with a spoon adding frozen banana chunks and frozen strawberries. I have a vitamix blender and it is the bomb!

Try GNC. That's where I buy Isopure.

keep checking for it! Have you tried the clear unflavored powder one... add it to drinks you do like. I also like the choco and vanilla made like a smoothie and eat it with a spoon adding frozen banana chunks and frozen strawberries. I have a vitamix blender and it is the bomb!

I keep goin over there and they dont have none..thats why I left my number so they can just call me when they have it lol

Try GNC. That's where I buy Isopure.< /span>

GNC has the glass bottles? if so im going to get some today

Hi all,

I got my nectar samples today, 9.99 for 11 flavors, they were here in 2 days, I start my pre op diet tomorrow so over the next few days I will let you know how well i like the nectar. 2 weeks from today is my surgery date, I can't believe it is almost here.

Hi all,

I got my nectar samples today, 9.99 for 11 flavors, they were here in 2 days, I start my pre op diet tomorrow so over the next few days I will let you know how well i like the nectar. 2 weeks from today is my surgery date, I can't believe it is almost here.

I hope u like ur nectar! good luck on ur surgury :biggrin:

I get the grape frost flavor and mix it with lemonade. The taste is tolerable.