Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I doing okay?

Hi All,

My name is Lizzie,I just signed up for an account today. I had my surgery 4 weeks ago. I have lost 12 lbs since. I feel okay, but feel like things are going pretty slow. I started at 222 and am currently 210. I had my first fill on Thursday and feel absolutely no restriction. The weigh I have lost has been due to my mental Portion Control. How many fills until I feel a restriction?

Lizzie it is different with everyone, some need 1 or 2 fills some need 5-6, so hang in there. However, you are doing fine. Losing any weight while you are healing from surgery is good! Try not to compare your weight loss to others, just be proud of each pound you loose. And remember most doctors say they aim for a weight loss of 1-2 lbs a week... Anything more may be too fast for your body so just be happy and watch the scale go down.

Edited by OnTheWay to Thin
typo

It took my third fill before my band worked best for me and even then my weight is still coming off slowly but I feel healthier and happier than I have in a long time. Don't get discouraged, because you are right on track.:scared2: Each fill you will feel the difference until you get to were you need to be. Good luck and keep us posted.:wink2:

Hi Lizzie. Sounds to me like you're doing amazing!! And all this with no restriction yet. WOW!

I am a slow loser. I was banded 10 months ago, and I've lost 65 lbs so far. I know others that were banded at the same time that have lost twice that. I DO NOT CARE. As long as I'm moving in the right direction, I'm happy. I'm in my 50s so I think that can contribute to a slower loss.

In any case I think that if you concentrate on your journey, and not so much on the scale number you'll feel better about the process. Exercise, making good food choices, collecting healthy recipes, support groups, etc. Those are all things that you can concentrate on that will make this more fun. And if we're going to do it, it may as well be fun, right?

As far as the "sweet spot" I believe that mine was on the 3rd or 4th fill, I don't remember exactly. Be patient, its better to go slower than faster with regard to the fills. Too tight can be very uncomfortable. My doctor worked up to restriction and I'm very happy he did.

Keep up the good work, you are doing excellently. The only thing I can offer is, as I said, relax and have a good time. This is your new beginning, make it fun!

Wynn

I remember bandster hell. I did lose some weight during that time as well, but it was because I was doing mostly liquids and soft solids, and was starving all the time. Just be patient for another fill or two, and don't be in a hurry. That leads to too tight a fill, and that is NOT fun.

As everyone has said you are doing great. You don't want to lose to fast. I think this is the best way. When you lose too fast you may gain it back easier. I think I had 3 or 4 fills before I started getting restrition.Hang in there and be sure to exercize and then excerize more... The more you exercize the faster it will come off.

I didn't feel restriction until fill # 5 which happened in March (banded last Aug). It freaked me out and I had him unfill me a LITTLE while I concentrated on graduating from nursing school. Then I went back in May and had him put it back plus a little more. Since then I've lost a TON of weight. Before that, I had gained back some.

So ... restriction matters and it can take a while. Hang in there! :biggrin:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches