Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 12 Bandsters or Close!!!

I was wondering if there is anyone out there that was banded close to the same day i was. I fell like i am moving so slow in my weight loss. I keep reading everyone's tickers and them have way more weight lose then me and they were banded after me. I fell so depressed. I am following all the rules. I journal everything i eat everyday there isn't a day that i miss. I am getting between 900-1100 a day. I go and see the doctor next week and i so wanted to do be down 10lbs from my last appointment but right now i don't think that it is going to happen i am only down about 7.5lbs from my last appointment (3.5weeks ago). I lost 4 lbs of that the week of my appointment because i had a fill and was on liquids for a few days. Please help let me know how much weight you have lost. I am as of today at 25lbs. Is there anyway i can get the weight loss to pick up?

I was wondering if there is anyone out there that was banded close to the same day i was. I fell like i am moving so slow in my weight loss. I keep reading everyone's tickers and them have way more weight lose then me and they were banded after me. I fell so depressed. I am following all the rules. I journal everything i eat everyday there isn't a day that i miss. I am getting between 900-1100 a day. I go and see the doctor next week and i so wanted to do be down 10lbs from my last appointment but right now i don't think that it is going to happen i am only down about 7.5lbs from my last appointment (3.5weeks ago). I lost 4 lbs of that the week of my appointment because i had a fill and was on liquids for a few days. Please help let me know how much weight you have lost. I am as of today at 25lbs. Is there anyway i can get the weight loss to pick up?

You're doing great......While I lost 73 lbs, 50 lbs was pre-op. Post op ( 5/11/09) I have lost 23 lbs. We should lose 1-2 lbs per week.

I have had 4 fills to get to 5.7 cc's. You had 4 cc's at surgery which is great and then a fill. My Doc is aggressive. I go every two weeks for a slight fill. Are you feeling good restriction?? If not, call his office and ask for an early appt as you are not restricted. If you are restricted, then all is good as long as you are not hungry in between meals and stick to 1000-1100 cals per day.

PLEASE DO NOT FEEL DEPRESSED.......You are doing great!! We're in it for the long haul.....Keep up the good work.:tongue_smilie:

I was banded May 11 and am down 24 lbs! So we are very close in results. I just had my first fill this past tues. I was getting a little discouraged because i was steady for the last 3 weeks prior to my fill but the weight is starting to drop again. I will admit though that after about 4 weeks post op my diet was more about "seeing what i can still eat" rather than focusing on healthy foods and Proteins. to my delight i was able to eat pizza, burgers, Pasta. but i think i've gotten that out of my system... i know that i can still eat those things in strict moderation and i feel better knowing that and don't feel the need to try it again...

if you think about it we're losing about 3 lbs a week which is EXACTLY what is recommended so we're actually doing GREAT!! I am often amazed at how some people lose so quickly, and good for them! but i know i've never in my 40 years been able to lose weight so consistantly knowing that i'll be keeping it off for good this time.. and btw i haven't updated my ticker yet, but i reached Onederland this morning :frown: :tongue_smilie:

I think we are all doing great too. I have lost 25 total, but 22 since surgery. I think some people went without a pre op diet, but 80-90% lost a great deal before, so don't worry. GB

Hi reneek, I was banded on May8th, just a few days before you. My weight loss has been "slow" compared with others, but I am not fretting it. I had my first fill about two weeks ago and while I am not at my sweet spot I do have a fair amount of restriction. I am still learning my limits and taking the time to learn my signals and how I am feelling while i am eating. That way when I go in for my next fill (in two weeks, where I think I will get even better restriction) I will be prepared and hopefully not PB or get stuck. (probably more wishful thinking on my part). But I am very pleased with my weight loss so far. I have never been able to slowly lose weight like this while not starving myself. You have done excellent in your weight loss.

On this website I have seen the most extreme weight loss to people who were banded years ago and are only where we are now.

If you like we can keep each other motivated, along with all the other wonderful mayo Banditos.

Keep up the great work and keep in touch.

I was banded on 5/6 and have lost 18# since surgery so I think you are doing great!

I wanted to thank everyone for the kind words. I was at the doctors yesturday and i lost 9lbs since my last appointment (one month ago) for a total of 28lbs since surgery (2 months ago). The doctor was so happy with my weight loss. I guess i shouldn't be so hard on my self.