Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6mth diet question, really confused.

I officaly started my 6 month diet today. My pcp said that I need to see her again in Sept, December and that I need to see the dietician 1 time a month for then next 6 months and that the dietician will then send notes to her and she will document them. Then come my last appointment I will get the file from her and the dietician and send it to the weighloss center and then they will run it through insurance and I will be approved cause I meet all the requirements.

Does that sound right? I have already met with the surgeon, the dietician and phycologist all at the weightloss center and when I talked to the billing department there she said that I wouldn't have to go through all those appointments again, they will go by my previous bmi and all that was written by the suregon and dieticain that day.

My insurance is Highmark BCBS

Will it matter that I met with the weightloss surgery center 6 months prior??

Has anyone gone through all the 6 month requirements and been denied?

Do I have to see both the DR. and the Dietitian each month??

How exactly did the 6 month diet work?? I am learning insurance is not a good resource to ask, I get a million different answers and that's why I am in the situation that I am in!!

I had to see a nutritionist or do a weight loss program for 6 months and have it documented in my chart at my PCPs office. In my case they had an in house nutritionist that I used but I could've done weight watchers and taken my weigh ins to my PCP once a month to document.

However every insurance company and policy is different so you need to get your plans requirements in writing. Hope that helps some! Good luck!

Hey there

I am going to have my surgery on Thurs the 9th and I had to do a 6mo diet as well and I have BCBS of Illinois. Here is how this came together for me.

I did see a doctor who specializes in weight loss NOT my pcp who has no clue about programs and the issues that come with being obease. If you have your lap band doc already picked out let them guide you through this process not your pcp. So I did the 6mo and I never missed a month with this doctor. We kind of went over the south beach diet and we discussed all kinds of things. They should be concerned about your mental state as well and your total understanding of what this whole process is going to be about in the end. So the 6mo was done and my lap band doc told me that BCBS also wanted another FAILED attempt at weight loss like Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers etc. if you have done this at all look for any proof you have laying about the house. My info was from 2000 and 2003 took me less than a week to get approval.

You must see the doctor EVERY month do not skip a month or BCBS will give you a really hard time. Remember you need to work with the doctor you have chosen to do the lap band proceedure the ladies who actually run his office will know exactly what you need and dont need. I do not mean to sound like the pcp is not good but perhaps they just do not know about the insurance system for this proceedure which is WAY different then any other proceedure you may every have done.

Do your research it is most important, call BCBS and point blank ask them what you need to do, ask them to send you a list of the whole process they will and if they dont want to get a supervisor on the phone ASAP.

I do hope this is helpful

Michele

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches