Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello! I was just recently banded on June 30th, 2009. The last few days have been a roller coaster of ups and downs. Looking forward to meeting others on this site as I do not know anyone personally who has done this.

Hello,

I am new here also and am excited about this whole process....also a little nervous. I live in the neighboring state of Arkansas and will be banded in Springfield,MO.

I am lucky that I have 2 friends who have gone through this and am sure that you and I will find a lot of helpful support from the people on this site.

Good luck in your journey.

Hello, I am new to this site. I had my sugary on Feb 6th. I have had many ups and downs. Just had 2cc removed and have seem to have had better luck losing weight. I'm only down 36lbs counting preop weight loss. Hopefully we can stay in touch through posts and support each other.

Welcome and I hope your recovery goes well. I am being banded on the 22nd, a little nervous but feeling pretty positive. I think you will find these boards extremely helpful, I know I have.

I'm in Missouri too

I am also new here - banded July 1, 2009 and not sure how to navigate the sight or all that goes along with it.

This is also my first time to post on this site. I'm a little unsure of my abbility to navigate though this site, but I am ready to try. I was Band Tues June 30,2009. I beleive I had unrealistic expectaions of my recover. I have heard of so many people back to work in a couple days and back to there regulare rotine right after. I thought I am tough if they can do that I can do it better and faster. WRONG! I am not in much (pain) but SORE. VERY SORE and hungry. This is my favorit food season. I really thought mabey that I was off track because I am moving so slow and still so sore and not in quite the hurry I once was to run the marrathonrace (my life). I think I am more hunry now than with the pre-op diet. But mabey that is because It has been seince before the pre-op diet that I have had any "real" food. I don't meen to sound negative, because I 'm not I have been waiting for help like this seince Nov 1997. I still can't beleive this is for real. I know I am truely blessed.

Hi I am new here too, just joined up yesterday and I am finding it very hard to navigate around this site. I posted something yesterday and i can't find it. I was done on the 25th of June 09 so early days for me too...Last night I really struggled not being able to eat normal food. I am really sick of liquid especially Soup, it doesn't help the fact that I am not a lover of soup either. I need to loose about 30 kilos according to my D.R but I would be happier with at least 40kilos. Good luck to all you newbies, we can do this. :0):smile2:

Hello! I was just recently banded on June 30th, 2009. The last few days have been a roller coaster of ups and downs. Looking forward to meeting others on this site as I do not know anyone personally who has done this.

Hi, I was banded on the 25th of June 09 and I know exactly how you feel. This liquid thing I have found to be really very hard. I am 37 in Oct and I am from Australia. I have a friend who has lost 40 kilos in 10 months which is great she still has a way to go but she is definately on track. My D.r told me I need to lose about 30 kilos but I would be much happier with at least 40 kilos. Good luck on your journey! :0) :smile2:

I totally underestimated my recovery too! Today is this first day I have not napped! I was very suprised at how sore I was and how sore I still am in places! Last night, I started to get an appetite and started mushy foods today.

I am going through little bouts of "what the hell did I just do to my life?" mixed in with hope and excitement for the future!!

Hope you don't mind if I nestle myself between all of you guys because i was just recently banded myself on the 22nd of June. I had a complete meltdown a few days after getting home from the hospital. I'm better now, but being on a liquid diet for two weeks has practically killed my spirit. After having cream Soup once, I was all set. Cannot wait for some normalish type food. I'm going to see my nutritionist on Monday and hopefully she'll move me into the next stage. And hopefully can get the green light to do some exercises. I wish I could say that I had only been sore but nope. I had some intense pain. So that was a little eye opening! I was so happy to make it through my surgery and then after that wore off I was like "wait a second, this pain sucks. And this diet sucks!" But since my surgery I've lost 13 pounds (it's been about twelve days I think) ....sorry I dont know Kilos! :) I wish everyone the best! And guess what, I can't figure out this site either! I just wing it!! Keep talking. Ask for help. Share your stories. It's how we learn from one another! :smile2:

aimnut, I just tried to accept you as a friend,but I am not sure I did it right!! I really don't know much about navigating this site.....hopefully I will soon. It is really nice of everyone here to be so supportive of each other. I am sure that is going to be a great comfort to us as we continue through this journey.

I'm not sure how to start a new message, so I just replied to the ones that y'all were doing. I am a newbie. I was banded on June 17, 2009. I have lost 37 pounds from my highest weight, but only 17 since the surgery. The surgery went very well for me, but about five days afterwards I started having severe pain in my upper left abdomen right below my ribs. I also struggled with the liquid diet. I began throwing up about twice a day and gave up. I think that was a terrible idea, so I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT! I'm just trying to be honest about my personal experience. I'm doing well now, and am excited about my future like the rest of you! I think the best thing that happened to me is that when I was getting down in the dumps after my surgery, I happened to be over at my mom's house and saw a picture of when I weighed 272. I already look so much better it's ridiculous! It sort of gave me the boost I needed. I'm really excited to have some people to dicuss everything with! BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE! :smile2:

I am really glad to be here tonight able to post with people that REALLY know where I'm at and what I am going through. My insicions are getting ichy. My mom made me some Jello, instead of using sugar free jello, she used knox gelliton, spenda, and koolaid or flavoring. It tast really good but she made a batch that had less Water and was more like jello jigglers and it feeled me up REAL fast. I was a little unconfortable for a little bit but no pain then it disolved I guss because later I got hungry. I was nice to feel full but a little unconfortable. I go to the DR. Wend the 8th I hope they say stage 2 soon. I don't know why it seemed easier before surgery. I guss that just little bit of real food even just a couple cups of food made it easier. I never thought Iwould say this but I am so sick of sweet. Slim Fast and jello. Bible School starts tomorow so please rember me. I plan on taking it easy but that is easier said than done. It is really great to talk to you guys!

Hi, Look I am not sure if I am in the right place etc... so hopefully you are getting this message?? As I said before I was banded on the 25th of June 09. How are you coping with being on liquids for so long... It is killing me... I still have a week to go and then I can go on puree, (like shepherds pie, spaghetti, mashed potato, mushy peas) stuff like that, if I have spaghetti I have to make sure the mince meat is really broken up and the Pasta use macaroni pasta. I can't wait to start having some decent food. I am basically starving myself at the mo because I just can't eat Soup anymore and I am over having shakes three times a day... I find the weekends the hardest. What about you? I have lost so far about 8 kilos, I am going to weigh myself on Friday, so hopefully I have lost even more than that? Good luck to you on your journey and I hope that I will be able to find your message as I am finding it hard to navigate this site. Take care Eileen :0):biggrin:

Hi, Look I am not sure if I am in the right place etc... so hopefully you are getting this message?? As I said before I was banded on the 25th of June 09. How are you coping with being on liquids for so long... It is killing me... I still have a week to go and then I can go on puree, (like shepherds pie, spaghetti, mashed potato, mushy peas) stuff like that, if I have spaghetti I have to make sure the mince meat is really broken up and the Pasta use macaroni pasta. I can't wait to start having some decent food. I am basically starving myself at the mo because I just can't eat Soup anymore and I am over having shakes three times a day... I find the weekends the hardest. What about you? I have lost so far about 8 kilos, I am going to weigh myself on Friday, so hopefully I have lost even more than that? Good luck to you on your journey and I hope that I will be able to find your message as I am finding it hard to navigate this site. Take care Eileen :0):biggrin: