Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Need Help

Okay readers, here's one for you.

I got banded a year ago this past May. I have lost 45lbs. I don't know when or where, I stopped caring or became discourged. I had a total of four fills. At first I felt the restriction but it seem like two or three weeks later, it's like I had no fills done at all. I drink a Protein Drink in the mornings and I drink Water or juice with Protein until about 4 p.m. then I eat a little something. Like meat, vegatables and maybe pinto Beans. (this changes daily. This is an example) About 8 or 9 p.m I may eat a half bowl of frozen yogart. I weight myself every morning and either I weight the same or may have lost or gained one pound. This goes on for weeks of just being at the same spot. Like I'm maintaining weight. I want to lose! I keep saying I'm going on a protein drink diet only but by the time I start getting hungry around 4 or 5 p.m. There went that thought and I eat something. I think I have given up. I'm at a stand still and getting frustrated. It's like I have given up and don't want to fight anymore. I even started telling myself I have to lose more for my school reunion in two months thinking that would moviate me but each day I still eat and drink the same old thing. I don't exercise. I work and I have said all the walking and standing I do on the job is enough especially since I suffer from Rheumatoid Arthritis. In the past few months I have really had a lot of flair-ups that cause me a lot of pain. So exercising is far from my mind. My doctor said to keep a record of what I eat. I did that. Then he said go on protein drink for three days. I did that. May lose one or two lbs. then back to losing, gaining or just staying the same weight.

Have I stretched my band after the fills. I forgot to mention that for the couple of weeks after the fills if the food doesn't want to go down I do have to bring it back up so I get some restriction. But it seems like two or three weeks later, It seem like I'm overeating and could have stretched the band each time I eat. What should I do?

Try cutting out that Protein shake! One of the top rules of being banded is to stay away from liquid calories...that is exactly what a Protein Shake is...it just slides right through you! Try changin things up a little. I hope things get better for you!

You really need to eat a Breakfast and lunch. It sounds like your not getting enough calories. If you don't get enough calories your body thinks it is starving and everything you put in your mouth it changes to fat and stores it. For me personally to lose I have to eat between 1200-1500 a day. Some days I have to force my self to get in the 1200 and other days I might go over a little bit. But that is a part of banding and the choices we make. You also probably need another fill. Good luck and keep us posted.

What diet did your doc give you to follow? Mine allows only 3 meals a day and we can have Protein shakes but only if they replace a meal.

No Snacks no grazing. And how much frozen yogurt? It's probably not helping and is a slider food.

If I were you I'd make an appt, go back to my doc for a fill, and have another consult with the nutritionist. S/he should help get you back on track.

Been there, done that!

Like Jack said, sounds like you have hit a wall. I suggest you make an appointment with the nutritionist and go over your diet with him/her.

I still like my Protein drinks, but limit it now to one a day and it's actually a treat with just Water added and a ton of ice, 100 calories, and I get my choc. fix for the day, but "hard" Protein is best from food.

I'm in the same situation with arthritis and living with pain on a daily basis, so I know how hard it is to exercise through the pain. I try to do it in 15 minute increments throughout the day. When I keep this up, I do see the scale move.

You have lose 45 lbs. You are moving in the right direction, just takes some personal tweaking from time to time.

This board is a great help. I find I behave myself better when I stick to reading this board every day.

The before and after pictures really keep me going!

My advice would be to eat more Protein instead of drinking it.

Good luck to you. You can get back on track!!!

Thanks for the info. I will try what you said. This has given me some encougement. I appreciate it.

Try cutting out that Protein shake! One of the top rules of being banded is to stay away from liquid calories...that is exactly what a Protein shake is...it just slides right through you! Try changin things up a little. I hope things get better for you!

Thanks to all of you that replyed back to me. I am going to try all that was suggested to me. You all gave me encourgement to don't give up but try something different and I'm starting that first thing in the morning. Will keep you informed. Thanks guys!!!:)

Okay readers, here's one for you.

I got banded a year ago this past May. I have lost 45lbs. I don't know when or where, I stopped caring or became discourged. I had a total of four fills. At first I felt the restriction but it seem like two or three weeks later, it's like I had no fills done at all. I drink a Protein drink in the mornings and I drink Water or juice with Protein until about 4 p.m. then I eat a little something. Like meat, vegatables and maybe pinto Beans. (this changes daily. This is an example) About 8 or 9 p.m I may eat a half bowl of frozen yogart. I weight myself every morning and either I weight the same or may have lost or gained one pound. This goes on for weeks of just being at the same spot. Like I'm maintaining weight. I want to lose! I keep saying I'm going on a protein drink diet only but by the time I start getting hungry around 4 or 5 p.m. There went that thought and I eat something. I think I have given up. I'm at a stand still and getting frustrated. It's like I have given up and don't want to fight anymore. I even started telling myself I have to lose more for my school reunion in two months thinking that would moviate me but each day I still eat and drink the same old thing. I don't exercise. I work and I have said all the walking and standing I do on the job is enough especially since I suffer from Rheumatoid Arthritis. In the past few months I have really had a lot of flair-ups that cause me a lot of pain. So exercising is far from my mind. My doctor said to keep a record of what I eat. I did that. Then he said go on protein drink for three days. I did that. May lose one or two lbs. then back to losing, gaining or just staying the same weight.

Have I stretched my band after the fills. I forgot to mention that for the couple of weeks after the fills if the food doesn't want to go down I do have to bring it back up so I get some restriction. But it seems like two or three weeks later, It seem like I'm overeating and could have stretched the band each time I eat. What should I do?