Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2009 Mile Challenge

sounds like a great idea. I keep thinking I'd like to start jogging. I've been doing the eliptical but now that I've got some of this weight off I'd like to try it. It also helps me get to another one of my long term goals. My boyfriend is I'm the millitary and in great shape. He runs everday, even when were on vacation. ( nauseating isn't it, LOL) I really wanna be able to run with him but I wanna build up some stamina before I try to run with him. This challenge just might be the right motivation I need to get started.

What a great idea! Count me in, too! My surgery is on July 7 and I'll be starting as a pretty sedentary gal, but I'll do as much as I can. At least it will give me something to work for. Thanks for starting the challenge!

Hi Amy. Thanks for accepting the challenge. We are just beginning our journey. I wish you well. Do what you can and try not to hold yourself to making the goal right away. You may not feel like exercising the first few days after surgery.

We can brainstorm our next challenge for August. Let's try and mix it up so we do not get bored.

sounds like a great idea. I keep thinking I'd like to start jogging. I've been doing the eliptical but now that I've got some of this weight off I'd like to try it. It also helps me get to another one of my long term goals. My boyfriend is I'm the millitary and in great shape. He runs everday, even when were on vacation. ( nauseating isn't it, LOL) I really wanna be able to run with him but I wanna build up some stamina before I try to run with him. This challenge just might be the right motivation I need to get started.

Hi Jennifer. Welcome to the challenge. I am so thrilled that we have enough people on board to motivate each other.

Count me in too!

Count me in too!

Hi Shay...Thanks for joining!

As of this evening 9 of us have sign up for the July 2009 50 Mile Challenge. Good luck everyone. Let's take it one day at a time. We will post our weekly results next Wednesday with miles walked and miles to go.

I made a ticker for this challenge--that way I'm accountable to myself everyday. See y'all on Wednesday! We can do it! :redface:

I made a ticker for this challenge--that way I'm accountable to myself everyday. See y'all on Wednesday! We can do it! :redface:

Hi Willowcat. Do you know how many tickers we are allowed in our signature line? I currently have two tracking my weight loss, but I do not know if we can add another. I like both tickers and do not want to choose between the two. I would like to add a third ticker to track my miles.

2911, I don't know how many tickers we can have. I guess you could just try another ticker and see if it will work or not? It looks like both of your tickers (very nice tickers, by the way) show the same information. You could choose one or the other until the end of July and then edit your signature again to go back to the way it is now. Just some thoughts.

I was banded Monday 6/29. I would like to participate, but is this too much of a goal so quickly, or is this reasonable? I won't be starting until July 6th, but will take it day by day.

Good luck to everyone!

Poppet

:tongue2:

Hi Poppet. Welcome to the challenge. Just do what you can. Any exercise is better than none at all. Glad to have you. Set a reasonable goal for yourself.

Edited by 2911plans

Hi everyone, I am well into my band journey but have returned tobeing not nearly active enough. I would like to join you all if you don't mind. Walking will be great for me. If I am welcomed, could one of you tell me how to make a ticker?

Hi everyone, I am well into my band journey but have returned tobeing not nearly active enough. I would like to join you all if you don't mind. Walking will be great for me. If I am welcomed, could one of you tell me how to make a ticker?

Hi Godshelp. This is what this challenge was intended, to get all of us moving. Welcome to our little group. I tried making a new ticker and adding it to my signature line with no success. Willowcat could possibly walk you through the making of the ticker.

Godshelp, There is a ticker tutorial on lapband at FAQ. This is the link to the turorial: http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f5/ticker-tutorial-pictures-41782/

I needed to use the tutorial myself, because I got stuck midway making my exercise ticker. Good luck. Glad you're joining us! It really does help to be held accountable to someone else.