Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One week to go...

Just got back from my pre-op!

Everything's a go for next Wednesday @ 7:15 am!

I'm down almost 20 lbs since May, despite the gallbladder issues, so I'm happy about that!

And since I have 5 full days left before surgery, I'm thinking I'll go full liquid for the rest of them. It will give me a chance to really see what I like and what I don't before I'm feeling to ill to try anything. :thumbup:

This weekend I'll clean the house, get my "liquids" for post-op organized, pack my bag, and try to relax a little.

I'm thinking about renting a recliner, cuz a lot of my mayo Bandito friends said it was much more comfy sleeping in a recliner after the surgery, and I don't have one. So I guess I'll check into that, too.

What's everyone else doing to prepare?

My surgery is on the 10th. I have 14 days to go. I am on a pre-op diet of Protein shake for Breakfast, nutrisystem/lean cuisine for lunch and normal dinner with my family. With one week to go, I plan on doing 2 shakes a day. I don't have a special diet I have to follow, but I do need to lose 10 lbs before my surgery. I have lost 5 lbs so far.

I have made a shopping list for after the surgery. I have a recliner in my reading room but I am planning on moving my living room around to fit it in there because I will be more comfortable in it. I have my pre-op lab work tomorrow. Then on the 1st, I have a 7 hour pre-op education class.

That is where I am.

Juniper...I am also scheduled for next wednesday 7/1...

Will you please come clean my house when you finish with yours :thumbup:?????

I feel ready and terrified and full of doubt at the same time. Like you I've lost over 20 lbs since approval in late April. I sampled Protein supplements, Vitamins and calciums during that time and am receiving my orders this week for those that I liked. I found some 15 gram Protein hot chocolates and cappucinos that I think are going to be my morning staples. I hope my tastes don't change after surgery!

My pre-op agenda includes a manicure/pedicure and a visit to my favorite massage therapist. I guess I'll have to find time for Wal-mart, laundry and housekeeping somewhere.

I've been on the pre-op diet since 6/19. My doc requires Clear liquids the day before, but I'm thinking I might go liquids only 2 day before and clear the day before. I've already made it a habit to sip all day on Water with some fruit flavored protein supplement.

Best wishes!

I found some 15 gram Protein hot chocolates and cappucinos that I think are going to be my morning staples. I hope my tastes don't change after surgery!

tessiekay

what brand of drinks are those you found?

tessiekay

what brand of drinks are those you found?

www.bariatricchoice.com

It is the Bari-wise brand. I ordered a variety pack of the hot chocolates and fell in love with the raspberry and the amaretto flavors. I didn't actually try the cappuccinos yet-ordered them just because the hot chocolates were so good. Just be sure the Water is not too hot. I only microwave 45 sec to 1 min.

I'm at the one week mark too. I haven't tried too many different Protein drinks yet. I have some dutch chocolate ISOPUR that I need to finish, then I can go look for what else is out there.

I've also scheduled a pedicure and I'm having my hair done before I go. I just want to make sure my hair doesn't look as bad as I'll probably feel when I get done with surgery.

I have stocked up on sugar free Jello, homemade fat free chicken and beef broth and some stuff for the mushie stage.

I really hope this goes well and I bounce back fast because there stuff to do and I don't like being down for long.

Good luck to you and hopefully we'll be chatting in a couple of weeks about how easy it was for us.

I am going to buy some really cute new PJs to wear to surgery. I also want to get my hair colored. I really wanted to get a pedi, too. However, my surgery instructions say to remove all nail polish. I know that I'll need to have it off my fingers, but do you think we can leave it on our toes? I hate to pay for a pedi and then have to take the polish off. (I like to get mine done french with a little ladybug painted on each of my big toes...I'll post a picture...too cute!) I suppose I should just call and ask, but I thought I'd see what y'all had been told.

hello all! I have a little over a week left to go...i'm on the 7th! I've started getting some items, and i've been on mostly liquids for the past week and a half. Most days I eat one meal (usually salad w/chicken or some sushi)...some days i'll eat 2, but I'm finding that my mindset is REALLY geared for this because the few days i've had 2 meals, i dont' feel well.

My doc requires us to go on all liquids 5 days pre-op no matter what. I still have a few pounds to drop before surgery and I know that once i'm all liquids, i'll drop a good amount, but i'm just being careful.

I've bought some broth, SF Jello, and Carnation Instant Breakfast (no sugar added)...that's what they want us on after surgery. It's actually good!

Hope everything goes well for all of you! I'm starting to get nerves about everything being done...not about having the surgery, just making sure of little things...like I don't oversleep the morning of...etc. It's the same nerves I have before going on vacation (like did I pack everything, do I have my tickets...etc)...

10 more days!!!! :) Cant' wait to hear about everyone's big day...

hi Amy...10 days for me too! Here they're pretty strict about no polish...so i'm just having my nails buffed ...it actually makes them shine for longer than having clear polish (usually anyway)....i think it's funny that a lot of us are getting hair/nails done before hand..i am too!

Goodluck with surgery!

When I had my gb surgery last month, they didn't even look at my toes, and I had them painted up real pretty with little flowers. :rolleyes2:

I've decided to wait until after the surgery to do a manicure and my hair. It's just all about cleaning the house right now.

I got my recliner in place, and the kids helped clean up the house, so things are coming together.

I'm thinking about hitting a pool tonight or tomorrow, since it'll be another month before I can get in the Water, probably!

Otherwise, I'm ready!

Well, i have a week to go. This weekend i'll stock up on more s/f Jello and popsicles. Probably get in some creamy Soups for the 2nd stage..i do have alot of broth already.

I do have a nice recliner in my living room...i used to fall asleep in it all the time when my little one was a baby...i may move it this weekend tho to the side closest the tv...

I have some nice very light weight sweats that i thought i'd take to wear home. I think someone had mentioned a sports bar was more comfy to wear - maybe i should get one of those this weekend. I did by some liqud tylenol and those gas strips people keep saying we should have.

hair appt - friday.

I'm working Monday - my all liquid day...then surgery Tuesday and back to work the following wednesday. I sure hope i'm not pushing it to soon - but i do have a desk job so i can sit alot. No one at works kknows about this except one girlfriend. Granted, i might mention it after, i just didnt want to be "discussed" - ya know?

Oh! One question--what kind of Calcium Vitamins did you get? I could only find these vivacin (sp?) chewable ones--but i'm not sure i'll be able to get them down..they're like a caramel...(i wsnt thinking). Any recommendations???

Oh! One question--what kind of Calcium Vitamins did you get? I could only find these vivacin (sp?) chewable ones--but i'm not sure i'll be able to get them down..they're like a caramel...(i wsnt thinking). Any recommendations???

I found the Walmart brand of chewable calcium to be okay, and yes, they are caramel, they are very soft and melt in your mouth. They also have chocolate but I haven't tried them.

It's almost 3am here and I can't sleep. I'm off my anti-inflammatory meds prior to surgery and I'm achy. I have arthritis and the meds do help. My brain won't shut down either. I'm sure it will in the morning when I can't stay awake for work. That will be fun. I'm already having a very hard time concentrating and I have a bunch of stuff to get done tomorrow (today). I leave on Wednesday and surgery on Thursday.

I'm tired of the pre-op diet, although I'm sticking to it. This is why I need the band because after a meer 10 days, I'm ready to eat things I shouldn't. Hopefully with the band, when I make poor choices, I won't be eating tons of it.

My cat is liking the fact I'm up in the middle of the night. She's getting a lot more attention.

Okay, enough middle of the night rambling. :tongue2:

Oh....I so feel your sleepless pain!!!:tongue2: Today is my pre-op registration/visit with anesthesia (surgery tomorrow) and I could NOT get myself to sleep. I NEVER have trouble sleeping. I have a gazillion things to do today and really wanted to be rested.

Also....for the first time really since I started a self-imposed pre-op diet in mid April and even through the 10 day "3 shakes and a lean meal" diet I went to bed really really hungry. 3am found me awake and hungry and today is Clear liquids only and I am REALLY hungry. Guess I'd better start sucking down that clear liquid protein:tongue_smilie:

I am going to buy some really cute new PJs to wear to surgery. I also want to get my hair colored. I really wanted to get a pedi, too. However, my surgery instructions say to remove all nail polish. I know that I'll need to have it off my fingers, but do you think we can leave it on our toes? I hate to pay for a pedi and then have to take the polish off. (I like to get mine done french with a little ladybug painted on each of my big toes...I'll post a picture...too cute!) I suppose I should just call and ask, but I thought I'd see what y'all had been told.

You'll be fine with polish on your toes. As long as you have at least one finger without polish then that is all that is required. The finger oximiter probes can read/detect oxygen concentration through most nail polish - just not the very dark colours like black and some very dark reds. We generally tell patietns to remove all nail polish from hands to be on the safe side. (I'm a Respiratory Therapist)

Cheers,

Mary

I have approx 5 days to go. I am scheduled for pre-ops on 7/6,& 7/7dietician and surgery on 7/8. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I've washed all my clothes and vacuum and cleaned the house and put fresh linen on all the beds. I suddenly have this burst of energy. I am trying to stop eating so much "Last Supper Sydrome", I eat whatever I feel like eating. I have gained 10lbs since my last Doctor's visit. I weigh 200lbs and looking forward to the big drop.