Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept 2005 bandsters post here!!

My questions for all of you in 2005 are..

Has it given you the edge you hoped for in order to retrain your eating habits even after 2 to 3 years?

Your eating habits do change as over time you find there are certain foods that just aren't very band friendly such as heavy breads. Not to say that we all can't eat bread, some can like myself. But I find that the amount of time I have to put into chewing it so it doesn't stick makes it not taste nearly as good as I once thought it did. But if you are speaking to bad habits. I think most of us will say that unfortunately the band is only around our stomach not our heads. Meaning it does restrict the quantity of food we eat but not necessarily the desire or emotional triggers that drive us to make poor food choices. On the bright side when I do fall off the proverbial wagon I tend not to gain much if any weight at all and can get back into the game without as much of the guilt previously associated with having regained all (plus more) of what I had lost like I use to pre-band.

What was the most serious complication you had?

So far the only complication I have had has been a spell when the band was filled too tightly which caused me to have some severe heartburn and GERD at night. It wasn't really the docs fault but my own for not going back to get a slight un-fill even though I knew what was wrong. I kept thinking if I just lost a couple more pounds the band would loosen up on its own, but it didn't and I finally caved and got the necessary unfill.

Is there ever a day you "forget" you have a band in your body and live "normally?"

Sorry have to ask, what is "normal"? Normal is what you make it and yes after all this time I no longer have to think each time I reach for food what is or isn't band appropriate as it has become habit. Even my cheats have found new levels of normal.

Any other words of wisdom?

Its been said before but the band isn't a magic cure and it doesn't make losing weight easy for most of us. It just makes what use to be an impossible task, possible. Hard, but possible. Oh, and though I know it will be hard to impossible to believe this try not to go on a prolonged farewell to food tour as I did pre band. For the months running up to getting the band I remember thinking at each meal that I had to try to eat all the foods I might have to give up post band one more time before it was too late. After I got the band realized it was really unnecessary as I was still able to at least taste everything I liked even if I didn't eat it in the large portions I use to.

Thanks from someone struggling to make the right decision! :)

Good Luck to you on this journey what ever decision you make.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches