Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Totally fallen off the wagon! Help!

I have totally fallen off the wagon, I have gained over 10 lbs and can eat more than I should. I am not hungry nor full but I eat anyways. I think I am addicted to food and not in the good way. Anyone else have this happen? Help please!

Hi! Yes. I've had this happen, but as it turned out, I needed a fill. Now, I physically can't eat unless I fill like pbing. I don't know when you were banded or how many fills you've had, but that might be the problem.

NewMommy1 you shouldn't be so tight that you PB with each meal (that's not healthy or good for you!)

The band takes care of true physiologic hunger but we have to deal with our habits on our own. A discussion with your doc or nutritionist might help.

My doc is quite clear on how he feels we should "use" the band and when I follow his advice it works marvelously.

If you still have trouble perhaps some counseling may be in order!

Good luck!

:grouphug: I had my operation in march, lost weight fast the first two weeks and hardly ate. Now I eat at least twice what I should andI had two fills. The fills keep me controled for maybe a week or so. I do eat when I am not really hungry and get annoyed at myself, ----you are not alone ---- sometimes I think I should had went for the gastric by pass instead so I could be in a little better control. I go in one month for my third fill. I lost 32 lbs. in the first month and nothing since.

You need to talk to your doctor about getting another fill. Often, a bit more restriction will do you a world of good as far as your appetite is concerned.

Thanks everyone for replying! I actually dread going to the doctors now because of the weight gain. I also cannot exercise, I keep hurting myself. My knee feels like it is full of rice krispies and actually went out on me twice yesterday. I guess I am really going to have to have a talk with him. Maybe I can get him to refer me to physical therapy in a pool. That would be easier on my body. I feel so discouraged. I thank you all for making me feel like I am not alone. If anyone wants to talk regularly let me know, It would help me alot.

Thanks

Kim

I've had 4 fills and am definitely feeling restriction, but am just not losing weight. After this last fill, I thought for sure that I would see the scale heading downward, but it's not.

I find that I eat a couple bites and feel the pressure of the restriction. If I feel "stuck", I get up and walk around a little bit, and I usually feel better in a couple of mins. Then I sit back down, eat slower, chew more, and can finish my meal. I know I am eating much less than I ever did before, but am not seeing the results on the scale.< /p>

I am still seeing my nutritionist and she says that I'm only supposed to be able to eat a cup of food. I'm pretty sure that I'm eating more than that, but I don't feel full from the band, it just slows me down. Should I feel full?

I'm wondering if I should get another fill. I am afraid to, because I don't want to get sick. I do not drink with my meals. I forgot a couple times and took a sip with my meal and ended up heading for the bathroom. Do you think I am "eating around the band" as they say?

I feel the same, I do have to take a couple of sips of a drink during a meal, or things get stuck. My doctor always bugs me about exercise but I am not able to at this time so losing weight is even harder.

KimberlyJ-

Don't worry- many of us have a food addiction on some level- I think that's why we need the band.

My doc recommends working on finding hobbies. We need to learn to implement other things in our lives to keep our minds off of food. I'm pretty much newly banded, and I know that I don't have much restriction yet, and that causes me to feel hungry more often. BUT I am also noticing that sometimes I'm "hungry" soon after just eating-- which doesn't make sense. So, I'm learning to determine when it's just "head hunger." For me it's usually out of boredom.

I'm trying to find a book I can get excited about (I'm not much into reading) but I'm willing to try new things-- or maybe some crafts. . .

If you can, try doing something new-- when you feel the urge to eat. Also, have some sugarless gum, some Water, and then make yourself wait 15 min or so and if you're still hungry, have something small and healthy.

As for the Swim Aerobics-- GO FOR IT-- I've had a dislocated knee and had to do swim aerobics and it's great! It's low impact on your joints, it's fun, and it provides a great workout!

Best of luck-- you can do this!

Lisa