Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Ricardo Bonnor - Bonnor Support Group 6/9/09

The monthly support group will be on Tuesday, June 9 at 6pm in the conference room by Dr. Bonnor's office. Our usual leader, Beth Cisneros, will not be there, but she has arranged for Dr. James F. Boynton, a plastic surgeon, to speak with us. January Rington, Dr. Bonnor's office coordinator, will also be there. So bring your questions and be ready to learn a lot!

These support groups are so helpful! Make plans to attend.

RSVP by calling 281-579-5638

Dr. Boynton's web site: http://www.boyntonmd.com/

Thanks for the info Misty . I would like to go but I have another meeting that night . Will you post a short summary of meeting please , i would like to know what was discussed.

Is there still a monthly support group? I just got my surgery date today, 9/22 is my big day.

Congratulations on getting your surgery date! Support group usually meets on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 6pm, but there was some talk last month about changing the time. I just checked Dr. Bonnor's website and I see that they don't have any listed after August. I'll call tomorrow and see what's up, then let you know here.

Sorry I never got back with info. There was not a support group on Tuesday 9/8, but there is one scheduled for Wednesday 9/16 from 6:30-7:30pm at Dr. Bonnor's office. Here's the info for this one, and the schedule for the rest of the year:

Texas Endosurgery Associates

September Weight Loss Support Group

Please join us for this month's support

group meeting to be held on

Wednesday, September 16th

6:30pm-7:30pm

at

Texas Endosurgery Associates Conference Room

21720 Kingsland Blvd., Suite 303A, Katy 77450

(Facilitator: Beth Cisneros, MA Counseling)

RSVP 281.579.5638

This is a wonderful opportunity to collaborate with others who have been through or will be going through weight loss surgery.

We would love for you to join us!

(This is a free meeting for patients of Texas Endosurgery Associates.)

Future Meeting Dates:

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

www.texasendosurg.com

I go for my first fill next week and I am a little scared. Does Dr Bonner put anything on the port site to deaden the area a little before he starts probing around, does he do a sonogram? I guess if you could just explain the fill process to me I would feel better.

Thanks!

Wow, you are getting your first fill just 3 weeks after your surgery? That seems quick, but maybe he's changed things since I had my surgery. It's natural to be a little scared, especially if you don't know what to expect. But you'll be fine!

First of all, you should not have anything to eat or drink for at least 8 hours prior to your fill. They told me to be NPO after midnight, but if you are getting your fill after lunch, that is kind of a long time to wait. At my fill appointment we talked about what I had been eating, including the amount of food I could eat at any one time. We also talked about how long it generally was before I felt hungry again, as well as any other issues or thoughts I had about my progress. The more self-aware you are about your eating habits and your hunger, the better.

For the fill, I lay back on the exam table, he swabbed some kind of anesthetic around my port area, then he pressed on my abdomen to feel the port. I didn't even feel the needle go in.

Unfortunately, my port is tilted so he had to do some probing around. I could feel it, but it did not hurt, if you know what I mean. Once he accessed the port, it took no time at all to add the saline. If my port had not been tilted, it would have been even quicker. He removed the needle, stuck a bandaid on me and I was up and out the door.

For my second fill, which was about 6 months later (I didn't feel liked I needed one til then, but everyone is different) I don't recall him using the anesthetic, so I felt a slight sting when he inserted the needle, but it wasn't bad.

And no, he doesn't use any kind of imaging (sonogram, fluoroscopy), he goes by feel. And it's worked well for me!

You will be fine!

Edited by MistyD65

I thought that it was a little soon also but when he took my stitches out he told me to make an appt in 2 weeks and he would do my "adjustment" which I am assuming is a fill. Right now I have very little restiction, I eat very slow and small amounts at a time so I haven't really pushed it to see how much I can eat.

I figured that the procedure was not going to be that bad but you know...the fear of the unknown and from what I have been readin every doctor is different.

Will you be at the support group meetingthis month? I will be able to make this one and I am looking forwad to meeting other's that see Dr Bonnor.

Thanks again.

Susan

Yes, I plan to be there. I RSVP'd with January on Friday. Last month was the first meeting I've missed since I had my surgery. I really enjoy them. I look forward to seeing you there!

Hi all ,

When is dr bonnors next support group meeting . I have not been to one since my surgery 3 mths ago .

The next one is Wednesday 10/14 at 6:30pm at the meeting room next to Dr. Bonnor's office. November's meeting is on 11/11 and December's is on 12/16. Hope to see you there!