Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Arthur Glasgow - Dr. Arthur Glasgow is great!

I was banded by Dr. Adam Glasgow, son of Dr. Arthur Glasgow, but have seen Dr. Arthur Glasgow a few times when Dr. Adam Glasgow wasn't available. He is great! He's experienced, kind, gentle, and caring. Their office staff is great too! They genuinely care for their patients and their success with their LapBands. They provide a great support system for their band patients, both pre and post surgery. Their website is www.massweightloss.com. Check it out for more details. On a scale of 1 to 10, both of the Glasgows are 12's.

I love my band!

Sue

I was banded by Arthur on May 18th. I have nothing but great things to say about him. He is kind, compassionate and very knowledgeable. He truly makes you feel important and respected, which is something that all people should feel about their surgeon. After all, you are putting your life in their hands. I would (and already have) highly recommend Arthur to anyone.

:^) Katie

I was banded by Dr. Adam Glasgow, son of Dr. Arthur Glasgow, but have seen Dr. Arthur Glasgow a few times when Dr. Adam Glasgow wasn't available. He is great! He's experienced, kind, gentle, and caring. Their office staff is great too! They genuinely care for their patients and their success with their LapBands. They provide a great support system for their band patients, both pre and post surgery. Their website is www.massweightloss.com. Check it out for more details. On a scale of 1 to 10, both of the Glasgows are 12's.

I love my band!

Sue

I have a question, did Dr. Adam Glasgow just perform the surgery or was Arthur there as well? Arthur just informed me that he is retiring in March and Adam would be doing my surgery. I did not find Arthur gentle at all.

I have a question, did Dr. Adam Glasgow just perform the surgery or was Arthur there as well? Arthur just informed me that he is retiring in March and Adam would be doing my surgery. I did not find Arthur gentle at all.

Hi I was told that Arthur and Adam do the first surgery of the day on Tuesdays and that the rest are done by Adam. Adam also does Thursdays. When I went to the initial seminar, Adam did the talk. I found his manner down to earth and was very comfortable with him. When I was doing my homework before choosing to go to the Glasgows, I checked around at my work (another hospital) and Adam has a very good reputation with the doctors I work with. When I booked, I chose Adam as my surgeon.

Good luck with your journey! My surgery is Thursday!

Hi I was told that Arthur and Adam do the first surgery of the day on Tuesdays and that the rest are done by Adam. Adam also does Thursdays. When I went to the initial seminar, Adam did the talk. I found his manner down to earth and was very comfortable with him. When I was doing my homework before choosing to go to the Glasgows, I checked around at my work (another hospital) and Adam has a very good reputation with the doctors I work with. When I booked, I chose Adam as my surgeon.

Good luck with your journey! My surgery is Thursday!

Hi Jo,

My surgery is also Thursday. I am scheduled for 3:30PM. Wished it was in the morning. Maybe we will end up roommates. I am a nurse are you?

Good luck to you too.

Hi Jo,

My surgery is also Thursday. I am scheduled for 3:30PM. Wished it was in the morning. Maybe we will end up roommates. I am a nurse are you?

Good luck to you too.

Hi - I'm Joni - My surgery is 11am so I am right before you. I am an administrative assistant. Hopefully we will get to say hi!

The liquid diet has been really hard but I have gotten into a routine and I am surviving on the 3 yogurts and 3 protien shakes. And Coffee!!! But the fudgesicles are making all of the difference to me! It makes me feel less deprived when my family is eating ice cream.

Back when I had my surgery they did surgery together. Adam was the surgeon and Arthur assisted. You will have a great surgeon and the follow up will be the best!

Best wishes to you.

Sue

Hi - I'm Joni - My surgery is 11am so I am right before you. I am an administrative assistant. Hopefully we will get to say hi!

The liquid diet has been really hard but I have gotten into a routine and I am surviving on the 3 yogurts and 3 protien shakes. And Coffee!!! But the fudgesicles are making all of the difference to me! It makes me feel less deprived when my family is eating ice cream.

LOL..... Fudgesicles have become my best friend. They satisfy the palate.

Back when I had my surgery they did surgery together. Adam was the surgeon and Arthur assisted. You will have a great surgeon and the follow up will be the best!

Best wishes to you.

Sue

HI Sue,

How is your weight loss goiing? Are you from my area of Norton?

Joni,

I forgot to ask you if you were attending the support group this Wednesday? It is the first session and occurs twice a month. First hour is instructions, support recipes etc. and the last 1/2 hour is exercise ? Yoga.

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl

I can't make this weeks support group. It's such a long drive (I am on the cape) and I would have to turn around and come back for the surgery on Thursday morning. I will be attending the groups but will have to make sure I schedule my follow-up and fill appointments for those dates.

Only a couple of days to go!

Last night I dreamt that my anesthesiologist had me gargle viscous lidocaine prior to the surgery. It was pretty wacky since I doubt they do that!

Joni

You are too funny. If he gives you some, make sure you give him my name so I can be next. Right about this time, even Lidocaine sounds good to drink.

Three more days. I am just concerned about waking up in pain like I always do. I will just let the anesthesiologist know to give me Lidocaine in my IV instead of my mouth ....LOL.....

HI Sue,

How is your weight loss goiing? Are you from my area of Norton?

HI!!!

I was scanning posts and I saw Norton!! I live on S. Worcester st...

I was banded in July by Adam, and simply put, I think he is PHENOMENAL. I am down about 100 lbs (lost 50 pre op) and am appily at a good fill level....I am really loving my band!!

I have emailed Adam, seriously, and had him email me back minutes later, and when I had a problem, he insisted I get in there that day no matter what time, he waited for me...

EVERYONE in that practice has been phenomenal, and there is soo much support...both doctors have been on staff at Norwood hospital for many, many years....Arthur was chief of surgery for many years, and has been there for close to 40 yrs, and I believe Adam has been there for at least 20....

Adam did my surgery alone as far as I know, I didnt see Arthur that day...to be hones, I prefer going to Adam...he's a little nutty, so he doesnt look at me like I'm nuts like Arthur does, lol...havent had any bad experiences or anything, and I would see him if I needed to...

Hi,

I live on Smith Street across from Roche Bros.

What was it like when you woke up from surgery? I am just afraid that I will be in alot of pain like my other surgeries and it took a while to settle down. Did you get really nauseas?

Cheryl